The debate is OVER

UAW forced US car companies labor costs very high vs. import. UAW prevented cost-saving by blocking use of innovative high-efficiency technologies. Left with few options to control costs, execs switched cars designs from expensive quality parts to cheap inferior parts. US cars gets worse and worse. People began to buy Japanese cars instead of US cars.

UAW made it impossible for US companies to compete with Japanese manufacturers.

Put the blame where it belongs -- designers obsessed with profit over practicality.

Think please. If you are obsessed with profit, what would you do?

If you want to look at what puts US car makers at a huge disadvantage, I will spell it for you:

HEALTH CARE COSTS... Take General Motors. They're currently paying out $1,525 per vehicle for health care. Compare that to the $201 Toyota is paying and it sounds even more absurd.

Every other industrialized nation has national health care, except for America, which is infested with right wing cancer.

Health care, pensions, etc. are labor costs. UAW drive up labor costs. Unions started out for good reasons, but most became centralized where the union bosses stop caring about their workers. Money from unions goes to politicians for protectionist laws. It's a good crony capitalism racket which mostly benefit the union bosses.

Forced membership into huge centralized unions, removing power from the individual worker and placing it into the hand of union bosses, who only care about themselves, is good for the common worker?

You have all the right wing union bashing down pat. Parrots are good at mimicking.

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed"
Clarence Darrow

Put the blame where it belongs -- designers obsessed with profit over practicality.

Think please. If you are obsessed with profit, what would you do?

If you want to look at what puts US car makers at a huge disadvantage, I will spell it for you:

HEALTH CARE COSTS... Take General Motors. They're currently paying out $1,525 per vehicle for health care. Compare that to the $201 Toyota is paying and it sounds even more absurd.

Every other industrialized nation has national health care, except for America, which is infested with right wing cancer.

Health care, pensions, etc. are labor costs. UAW drive up labor costs. Unions started out for good reasons, but most became centralized where the union bosses stop caring about their workers. Money from unions goes to politicians for protectionist laws. It's a good crony capitalism racket which mostly benefit the union bosses.

Forced membership into huge centralized unions, removing power from the individual worker and placing it into the hand of union bosses, who only care about themselves, is good for the common worker?

You have all the right wing union bashing down pat. Parrots are good at mimicking.

"Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower

"With all their faults, trade unions have done more for humanity than any other organization of men that ever existed"
Clarence Darrow

You're what's called "factually challenged" aren't you?

A transparent health care system that is sensible would work to contain costs a lot better than more government regulation. Lots of reforms are needed. It will be unpleasant, but necessary if you want to fix health care before it crashes and burn, taking the whole country and the economy with it.

Possible fixes:

Upfront billing with flat rate for procedures. EMTALA fix so that the ED wouldn't have to accept whoever shows up; true emergencies only. Tort reform. Third party provider reform. End-of-life issues reform. Pharmaceutical reform.

Reform is liberal code-word for "government control".

You're second point (EMTALA) is why your first point (flat rate) can't occur:

You can't have "upfront billing with flat rate for procedures" because sadly a Dumbocrat-controlled Congress (lead by Tip O'Neill) created a bill that said people must receive medical care regardless of their ability to pay for it. This means that my procedure must cost 3x's what it should - to cover the cost of the 2 other parasites who received free healthcare. That means I need health insurance. And to prevent them from going bankrupt, insurance companies need to make deals with healthcare systems. Which means different prices based on the deals that were made.

Everything you stated (other than maybe tort reform) is simply sound bites for politicians to give the masses hard-on's but is complete fantasy land.

The only solution America needs is to restore Constitutional government. Once we get the federal government the fuck out of the healthcare business (where they don't belong and where they have zero legal authority), we resolve every problem we have. Costs will go down. Access will increase. And outcomes will improve.

Hey pea brain, YOU spew about taking all taxes down to 0%, THEN you spew about building the military back up to where it should be...hey shit for brains, you CAN'T have the biggest military in the world, AND spend $0.00 per year. Only a RETARD would even utter such a childish premise.

It's called reading comprehension, stupid, and clearly you lack it. At no time did I advocate taking taxes down to 0%. I simply stated that even if you did do that, you still could not accumulate debt unless you spent.

I can see now why you're a Dumbocrat. You're completely incapable of following along. You're literally confused by everything. I have not deleted one post from this thread. Everything I have posted is still there for everyone to read. Maybe you can have a parent go back and read it to you - and then explain it to you?

Once again Bfgrn illustrates his lack of reading comprehension. At no time did I say that Reagan was a liberal. In fact, I consider Reagan to be the greatest conservative president of all time. And to call Reagan an "authoritarian" is fall down hilarious considering you're the same dumb-ass who has cried over and over and over about Regan "de-regulating". If you are deregulating ass-wipe, then you are voluntarily giving up government centralized control and giving more freedom to people. You truly are a special kind of stupid.

I said Bush was a liberal. He spent recklessly (libtard), he grew government (libtard), he pissed on the Constitution (libtard), he bailed out private industry in the free market (libtard).

Now lets compare that with Obama who you literally worship and fantasize about fellating. He spends recklessly (check), he has grown government (check), he has pissed on the Constitution (check), he bailed out private industry in the free market (check).

Uh-oh...someone has just been exposed for being a blind, ignorant, partisan hack :eusa_whistle:

Bwhahahahahah!!!! $7 trillion in deficit spending under Obama and the Dumbocrats you ignorant fuck'n child. The CBO has confirmed that Obamacare alone will add $2 trillion to the national debt (pushing Obama's total to a guaranteed total of over $9 trillion in deficit spending during from his presidency). It took every president in U.S. history over 230 years to accumulate $10 trillion in debt and Obama will nearly match that himself.

Furthermore, Obama has demanded (and received) that the federal debt ceiling be raised every year that he has been in office. Now that's odd. Why would he need to raise the debt ceiling if he and the Dumbocrats are adhering to "pay as you go"? How does it feel to have your extraordinary ignorance exposed in front of the world?

:dance:

Hey shit for brains...if Obama is the BIG spender, and Reagan was the greatest conservative president of all time, then WHY has Obama only raised the debt ceiling 2 times and your man-crush Reagan raised it 18 FUCKING TIMES?

I'm sorry - do you believe that because I think Reagan was the best that means he was literally flawless? The first perfect person in world history who never made a bad decision? This shows how immature and idiotic you are because that is how you actually think.

Why did Reagan need to raise the debt ceiling? Because Jimmy Carter gutted defense and Reagan had to rebuild our military to keep assholes like you free and complaining. But you know what Reagan did fuck on big time? His despicable amnesty. He wasn't perfect. But he was a fuck-load better than the miserable failure known as marxist Obama.

Junior, I have completely humiliated you with facts. Obama has added $7 trillion to the debt. That is more than all presidents in U.S. history combined in their first term. And it's 70% of all presidents in U.S. history combined in all of their terms.

And what's fall down hilarious is that you were ignorant enough to say "the Dumbocrats pay for their spending" and followed that up by citing the laughable "pay as you go". Yet I pointed out that if that were true, why did Obama need and demand that the debt ceiling be raised TWICE?!? Why is there debt if the Dumbocrats "pay for their spending"? And you still haven't answered because you know it proves you're an ignorant, blind, partisan fucking HACK!

Game over junior!

$7 trillion in deficit spending under Obama ...
Pure BULLSHIT!

Reagan, Bush I and Bush II ran up, including interest, $13 trillion in the GOP National Debt, and that is not counting the carryover from Bush's 2 wars.

It's called reading comprehension, stupid, and clearly you lack it. At no time did I advocate taking taxes down to 0%. I simply stated that even if you did do that, you still could not accumulate debt unless you spent.

I can see now why you're a Dumbocrat. You're completely incapable of following along. You're literally confused by everything. I have not deleted one post from this thread. Everything I have posted is still there for everyone to read. Maybe you can have a parent go back and read it to you - and then explain it to you?

Once again Bfgrn illustrates his lack of reading comprehension. At no time did I say that Reagan was a liberal. In fact, I consider Reagan to be the greatest conservative president of all time. And to call Reagan an "authoritarian" is fall down hilarious considering you're the same dumb-ass who has cried over and over and over about Regan "de-regulating". If you are deregulating ass-wipe, then you are voluntarily giving up government centralized control and giving more freedom to people. You truly are a special kind of stupid.

I said Bush was a liberal. He spent recklessly (libtard), he grew government (libtard), he pissed on the Constitution (libtard), he bailed out private industry in the free market (libtard).

Now lets compare that with Obama who you literally worship and fantasize about fellating. He spends recklessly (check), he has grown government (check), he has pissed on the Constitution (check), he bailed out private industry in the free market (check).

Uh-oh...someone has just been exposed for being a blind, ignorant, partisan hack :eusa_whistle:

Bwhahahahahah!!!! $7 trillion in deficit spending under Obama and the Dumbocrats you ignorant fuck'n child. The CBO has confirmed that Obamacare alone will add $2 trillion to the national debt (pushing Obama's total to a guaranteed total of over $9 trillion in deficit spending during from his presidency). It took every president in U.S. history over 230 years to accumulate $10 trillion in debt and Obama will nearly match that himself.

Furthermore, Obama has demanded (and received) that the federal debt ceiling be raised every year that he has been in office. Now that's odd. Why would he need to raise the debt ceiling if he and the Dumbocrats are adhering to "pay as you go"? How does it feel to have your extraordinary ignorance exposed in front of the world?

:dance:

Hey shit for brains...if Obama is the BIG spender, and Reagan was the greatest conservative president of all time, then WHY has Obama only raised the debt ceiling 2 times and your man-crush Reagan raised it 18 FUCKING TIMES?

I'm sorry - do you believe that because I think Reagan was the best that means he was literally flawless? The first perfect person in world history who never made a bad decision? This shows how immature and idiotic you are because that is how you actually think.

Why did Reagan need to raise the debt ceiling? Because Jimmy Carter gutted defense and Reagan had to rebuild our military to keep assholes like you free and complaining. But you know what Reagan did fuck on big time? His despicable amnesty. He wasn't perfect. But he was a fuck-load better than the miserable failure known as marxist Obama.

Junior, I have completely humiliated you with facts. Obama has added $7 trillion to the debt. That is more than all presidents in U.S. history combined in their first term. And it's 70% of all presidents in U.S. history combined in all of their terms.

And what's fall down hilarious is that you were ignorant enough to say "the Dumbocrats pay for their spending" and followed that up by citing the laughable "pay as you go". Yet I pointed out that if that were true, why did Obama need and demand that the debt ceiling be raised TWICE?!? Why is there debt if the Dumbocrats "pay for their spending"? And you still haven't answered because you know it proves you're an ignorant, blind, partisan fucking HACK!

Game over junior!

You only have one problem...FACTS.

Lwl9WIg.png

The Carter years...

nO1np9c.png

Game over junior!

Lwl9WIg.png

The Carter years...

nO1np9c.png
Another idiot who can't read a graph.

Game over junior!

Lwl9WIg.png

The Carter years...

nO1np9c.png

You REALLY have a cognitive issue when it comes to something as simple as a graph. The graph is clear...CRYSTAL. Defense spending INCREASED during the Carter years, not decreased. You are an idiot.

The Rabbi said:
"People are not on unemployment for 2 years because there are no jobs. There are no jobs because people are on unemployment for 2 years."

Pure BULLSHIT!

Reagan, Bush I and Bush II ran up, including interest, $13 trillion in the GOP National Debt, and that is not counting the carryover from Bush's 2 wars.

This chart is not from some 'leftist' website...

opR8ssX.png

bush-obama-2009-outlays.jpg

I’m a big fan of criticizing Obama’s profligacy, but it is inaccurate and/or dishonest to blame him for Bush’s mistakes. At the risk of repeating my earlier post, the 2009 fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and the vast majority of the spending for that year was the result of Bush Administration policies. Yes, Obama did add to the waste with the so-called stimulus, the omnibus appropriation, the CHIP bill, and the cash-for-clunkers nonsense, but as the chart illustrates, these boondoggles only amounted to just a tiny percentage of the FY2009 total – about $140 billion out of a $3.5 trillion budget.

Defending Obama...Again | Cato @ Liberty

MORE problems for right wing turds...

Military R&D plummeted, NOT under Carter...under Nixon

EXyPAdv.jpg

Pure BULLSHIT!

opR8ssX.png

I’m a big fan of criticizing Obama’s profligacy, but it is inaccurate and/or dishonest to blame him for Bush’s mistakes. At the risk of repeating my earlier post, the 2009 fiscal year began on October 1, 2008, and the vast majority of the spending for that year was the result of Bush Administration policies. Yes, Obama did add to the waste with the so-called stimulus, the omnibus appropriation, the CHIP bill, and the cash-for-clunkers nonsense, but as the chart illustrates, these boondoggles only amounted to just a tiny percentage of the FY2009 total – about $140 billion out of a $3.5 trillion budget.

Lying piece of shit.

Pure BULLSHIT!

opR8ssX.png

Lying piece of shit.

You have been reduced to a heaping pile of smoking turds...ROFLMAO!!!

Lwl9WIg.png

The Carter years...

nO1np9c.png

You REALLY have a cognitive issue when it comes to something as simple as a graph. The graph is clear...CRYSTAL. Defense spending INCREASED during the Carter years, not decreased. You are an idiot.

The Rabbi said:
"People are not on unemployment for 2 years because there are no jobs. There are no jobs because people are on unemployment for 2 years."

OK, let me ask you: What do you thnk your chart shows? Be specific here.

Dems were in charge during the good times too. But I guess those don't count. Maybe the Republican governor will magically save Detroit by hatin the gays and ranting about Obamacare.

The only time Dems are in charge "during the good times" is when they take over prosperity from conservatives who built the prosperity (such as the case of Clinton who rode the economic tidal wave created by Reagan) - and then they crash it (as Clinton did with our housing market coupled with ignoring Al Qaeda while gutting defense, leading to 9/11 which cost ungodly billions to clean up and trillions more in wars).

Yes Iraq and Afghanistan were Clinton's fault. Not Bush or Reagan's. Not even a little bit.

hqdefault.jpg

At least Ronald Reagan did not call those "gentlemen" endearing names, such as "Uncle Joe", as the cripple FDR adoringly called the second biggest and bloodiest butcher in human history, Joseph Stalin.

And in addition, Ronald Reagan's politics and policies led to the end of the decades old Cold War that the cripple FDR started.

Last edited:

The Rabbi said:

The blue shows THIS:

US military (national defense) outlays, 1940-95

IqUGDuG.png

Note: (1) billions of dollars; fiscal year

James Earl "Jimmy" Carter, Jr.
Presidential term: January 20, 1977 – January 20, 1981

Detroit?

"The Model Cities Program was a key component of President Lyndon B. Johnson's Great Society and War on Poverty. Begun in 1966, it operated five-year long experiments in 150 cities to develop new antipoverty programs and alternative forms of municipal government."

Model Cities Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sounds like EPCOT;

The Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow (EPCOT) was a concept developed by Walt Disney near the end of his lifetime. This planned city was his intended purpose for the property purchased near Orlando, Florida, that eventually became the Walt Disney World Resort....no one living in EPCOT would own their own land or home, thereby having no municipal voting rights (bond issues, etc.). Walt Disney wanted to exercise this control only to be able to change technology in the homes easily.

According to the film, all adults living in EPCOT would be employed, thereby preventing the formation of slums and ghettos.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimental_Prototype_Community_of_Tomorrow_(concept)

So ... centralized urban planning results in either a disaster, like Detroit, or a fantasy theme park like EPCOT.

How utterly un-progressive.

The only time Dems are in charge "during the good times" is when they take over prosperity from conservatives who built the prosperity (such as the case of Clinton who rode the economic tidal wave created by Reagan) - and then they crash it (as Clinton did with our housing market coupled with ignoring Al Qaeda while gutting defense, leading to 9/11 which cost ungodly billions to clean up and trillions more in wars).

Yes Iraq and Afghanistan were Clinton's fault. Not Bush or Reagan's. Not even a little bit.

hqdefault.jpg

At least Ronald Reagan did not call those "gentlemen" endearing names, such as "Uncle Joe", as the cripple FDR adoringly called the second biggest and bloodiest butcher in human history, Joseph Stalin.

And in addition, Ronald Reagan's politics and policies led to the end of the decades old Cold War that the cripple FDR started.

Bullshit.

Eisenhower planned to end the cold war in 1960, but the CIA sabotaged that plan when they sent up a U-2 to be shot down over Soviet air space.

READ Eisenhower's farewell address.

Kennedy and Khrushchev would have ended the cold war, but the CIA murdered Kennedy.

The blue shows THIS:

IqUGDuG.png

Recall that inflation was high in those years, so efffectivel it was less money spent.
Note that your own table shows declines as a percentage of GDP.
/fail

The blue shows THIS:

IqUGDuG.png

Recall that inflation was high in those years, so efffectivel it was less money spent.
/fail

The decline as % gdp began in the 1950's you ignorant moron.

The blue shows THIS:

IqUGDuG.png

/fail

The decline as % gdp began in the 1950's you ignorant moron.

It's Eisenhower's fault! A new talking point on the Left!
You really are desperate and stupid, aren't you?

Forum List

Back