The Debate Begins

NightTrain

VIP Member
Aug 29, 2003
Wasilla, Alaska
Ken Adelman is one of my favorite writers.

The Debate Begins

By Ken Adelman Published 06/28/2004

Last Armistice Day, I was on a panel to debate George Soros at Boston University. There was no Armistice, between us at least, and there wasn't much debate.

Sure, Soros defended or even regurgitated his despicable comparison of Bush policy to the Nazis. And his I-blame-America-for-terrorism pitch. And, sure, I vehemently disagreed, and countered with facts, figures, and (I hope) some logical coherence.

But George Soros wasn't debating. He was asserting, then smirking.

Part of his "here's the truth, so just take it" stance is due to the arrogance of affluence: Hey, if I'd made billions, I'd probably be that way, too. And part to the arrogance of liberalism, which prompts liberals to smirk on what troglodytes these conservatives be!

But the biggest part, I surmised afterwards, was because Soros wasn't used to debating. He didn't have to. So why debate?

George Soros, and his friends, had given $25 million to fund their so-called "527 political organizations" -- MoveOn.org, the Media Fund, and ACT -- which spew hatred of Bush policies. And those pitches have gone unanswered.

Now, at long last, the Progress for America (PFA) has come on-stream as a counter-Soros, pro-President Bush "527 political organization." And with PFA, there could be a real debate over national security. There must be, since security has become more critical than in any election since Reagan won in 1980.-SNIP-

http://www.techcentralstation.com/062804E.html

Looks like a good organization. It's about time there were some non-election committee commercials to counter the MoveOn PAC crap. I particularly love the one where the cardboard candidates morph into big business and drug companies (Bush) vs. Joe Smoe and a kid with an inhaler (Kerry)...although some of you may not have seen all the ads yet. I've heard both campaigns are focusing on states like Ohio. We've been swamped with political ads.

Having cared for a patient who lived in Germany prior to WWII, our converstaions often strayed to that period in history. This gentleman lost his father, who stood inopposition to Hitler's policies, to the "Night of the Long Knives". His observations of 9/11, and its aftermath, reminded him so strongly of what happened in Germany after the burning of the Reichstag that he feared for America.

But Dubbyuh is no Hitler...just a pathetic dictator wannabe who pulled the wings off of flies as a child.

Bullypulpit said:
Having cared for a patient who lived in Germany prior to WWII, our converstaions often strayed to that period in history. This gentleman lost his father, who stood inopposition to Hitler's policies, to the "Night of the Long Knives". His observations of 9/11, and its aftermath, reminded him so strongly of what happened in Germany after the burning of the Reichstag that he feared for America.

But Dubbyuh is no Hitler...just a pathetic dictator wannabe who pulled the wings off of flies as a child.

Bully, you truly lead a pathetic life. I pity you.

Forum List

Back