The Death Penalty

Feb 11, 2015
Hi guys, I am a Scottish student conducting a dissertation on Capital Punishment in the USA, and as part of my research I'm investigating American attitudes towards the punishment. I've created a survey that I would really appreciate anyone to take part in, it only takes a few minutes and will give valuable data for me to use in my study. Thanks for any responses.

US Opinions of Capital Punishment Survey

Death penalty shold be expanded to all violent person-person crimes. Why we care about the offenders in a violent personal crime when the victim has to spend years recovering psychologically from their assault is baffling.

Delta4Embassy so do you believe that somebody should be executed for such a crime? I don't think every violent person-person crime leaves the victim spending the rest of their lives recovering psychologically, so executing the offender is not justififed. Also what about cases where a person is mentally damaged, or drunk or on drugs? Do they deserve to die for their actions that they most likely know are irrational when they are not in that condition/frame of mind etc?

Delta4Embassy so do you believe that somebody should be executed for such a crime? I don't think every violent person-person crime leaves the victim spending the rest of their lives recovering psychologically, so executing the offender is not justififed. Also what about cases where a person is mentally damaged, or drunk or on drugs? Do they deserve to die for their actions that they most likely know are irrational when they are not in that condition/frame of mind etc?

Are enough law-abidding friendly people in the world we wouldn't miss the violent ones.

Comments on the survey.

Most states still permit capital punishment but many governors will simply not sign a death warrant. So the question of whether a given state "has a death penalty" is not easily answerable.

As for deterrence, in order for deterrence to be effective, there has to be a clear perception that the perpetrator will be captured and ultimately executed. Since neither of these prerequisites is present in the U.S., it cannot act as an effective deterrent. Except to the person who is executed, of course. He won't be committing any more crimes.

Why do we get so many of these threads from alleged foreigners interested in our views on the death penalty?

Death penalty - Your opinion US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Hello guys, :)
I'm doing a research for school at the moment with the topic "Death penalty in America". The main part of it should be a comparison between german/european and american attitudes.

European needs help Death penalty US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Hello,
first of all sorry for my bad english :D

To introduce myself: Im German, and i have to write an exam about a comparison between German and American attitudes regarding the capital punishment. For my work it is very important to understand the american Point of view, espacially because it´s hard for most european to imagine how a state could actually kill a criminal, even if he murdered.

Last edited:
Which university would accept research based on the comments of anonymous message board posters?

i belive in the death penalty

anyone jaywalking 3 times should get a death penalty

and their organs should be harvested to keep better people alive

anyone smoking a cigarette in public should get a death penalty

and their organs should belong to the public

I don't believe in the death penalty, outside of war crimes or as it's dealt out in war.

the organs of those evil perps like cigarette smokers and jaywalkers

would be much better in the bodys of taxpayers

if you got death sentence
you will have to decide

death and destroy or

death and use

if you decide use

you will get death sentences

for not paying your tax

because your usefull dead

im for death sentence if i am 100% sure

if that evil bastard rapes children