The death of Judas Iscariot

Another interesting topic is Cain and Abel... :dunno: It would be interesting to see the member's ideas about them.

In a lot of ways... the two, Jesus and Judas could both be seen as sacrificial lambs of two separate forces. One of heaven, one of hell, but the evidence of their sacrifice is, of course, only going to convey certain depths... as the cloak of secrecy is thick.

An interesting thing about Judas' blood... and how it is 'modern' to use human genetics to enhance our agricultural industry.

I think this is one of my major problems with Christianity in general.

To paraphrase the South Park kids. The important thing about Jesus is what he said, not how he died. Focusing on how he died is what they did in the Dark Ages, and it had really bad results.

The important stuff about Jesus was that he told us that we should treat people the way we'd want to be treated, help the poor and the sick, forgive those who wrong us, etc.

I don't believe for a minute his mother was a virgin or that there was an earthquake/zombie attack at his death, but those are good solid messages we should all try to live by.

Another interesting topic is Cain and Abel... :dunno: It would be interesting to see the member's ideas about them.

In a lot of ways... the two, Jesus and Judas could both be seen as sacrificial lambs of two separate forces. One of heaven, one of hell, but the evidence of their sacrifice is, of course, only going to convey certain depths... as the cloak of secrecy is thick.

An interesting thing about Judas' blood... and how it is 'modern' to use human genetics to enhance our agricultural industry.

Cain and Able IS an interesting one. I watched tripe on History channel that discussed the topic of what the mark on Cain was. Some think it was a horn. I forgot what the other.

Which one ? Or 20 ?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFk2_5RkwlA]I'll Never Tell - YouTube[/ame]

Sadly, that you have a lot of these websites that pander to the far right nutjobs in this country is part of the problem... and the far left, for that matter.

TownHall or HuffPo, when you are no longer having a civil conversation, but just letting a lot of bullshit fly, that's the road to dictatorship and away from democracy.

Cain and Able IS an interesting one. I watched tripe on History channel that discussed the topic of what the mark on Cain was. Some think it was a horn. I forgot what the other.

Dwindling In Unbelief: The mark of (Herman) Cain: What Mitt Romney believes about black people

Here's what Moses had to say about the seed of Cain.

And Enoch also beheld the residue of the people which were the sons of Adam; and they were a mixture of all the seed of Adam save it was the seed of Cain, for the seed of Cain were black, and had not place among them. Moses 7:22

So Mormon scripture says that the seed of Cain are black and God put a mark on Cain. Someone should ask Mitt Romney if the two things are one and the same.

To paraphrase the South Park kids. The important thing about Jesus is what he said, not how he died. Focusing on how he died is what they did in the Dark Ages, and it had really bad results.

The important stuff about Jesus was that he told us that we should treat people the way we'd want to be treated, help the poor and the sick, forgive those who wrong us, etc.

I don't believe for a minute his mother was a virgin or that there was an earthquake/zombie attack at his death, but those are good solid messages we should all try to live by.

True enough.
But that won't gain you heaven.

True enough.
But that won't gain you heaven.

There is no heaven, so I'm not worried about that.

But frankly, I keep asking, why do you need to worship a God who is such a needy jerk? I mean, honestly, if you had a friend who demanded things of you all the time, did nothing for you in return, and threatened to do terrible things to you all the time, I think you'd probably want to get that person out of your life pretty quickly.

So if you wouldn't want those qualities in a friend, why would you want them in a God?

Because I love God, I want God in my life, and I look forward to joining him, and others, in heaven.

Because I see the miracle of God every hour of every day around me, and because I am happy celebrating God, studying his Word, and striving to be the person he wants me to be. It makes me happy because we are programmed, by God, to be happy when we are obedient to God. I know that and I've experienced it. I've seen it in others, who change from being miserable, dishonest, ugly people into happy and good people, through nothing but the grace of God.

But that's too much for you to understand. So suffice it for me to say...because I love God. That's all you can probably understand. Your misconceptions of Him have nothing to do with my own experience of Him.

Because I love God, I want God in my life, and I look forward to joining him, and others, in heaven.

Because I see the miracle of God every hour of every day around me, and because I am happy celebrating God, studying his Word, and striving to be the person he wants me to be. It makes me happy because we are programmed, by God, to be happy when we are obedient to God. I know that and I've experienced it. I've seen it in others, who change from being miserable, dishonest, ugly people into happy and good people, through nothing but the grace of God.

But that's too much for you to understand. So suffice it for me to say...because I love God. That's all you can probably understand. Your misconceptions of Him have nothing to do with my own experience of Him.

You know, I knew a girl who kept going back to an abusive boyfriend "because he loves me".

Going back to an imaginary abuser, though. That's impressive.

I've never suffered abuse at the hands of God, and I've never seen it inflicted upon anyone.

So as I said, your misconceptions of what God is have nothing to do with the reasons I love Him.

I've never suffered abuse at the hands of God, and I've never seen it inflicted upon anyone.

So as I said, your misconceptions of what God is have nothing to do with the reasons I love Him.

Right. You'd better love him, or he'll send you to burn in hell for all eternity..

How about "I really like you but I think we need to see other people."Somehow I don't think your God would be really into that, judging by the first four commandments.

Why would I not love a perfect being? Who loves me so much that even though we're disgusting creatures, he allowed his own son to die to save us?

Why on earth would I choose a false god or satan to worship, when I can choose the one God who created me and all life, and who loves me?

Why would I not love a perfect being? Who loves me so much that even though we're disgusting creatures, he allowed his own son to die to save us?

Why on earth would I choose a false god or satan to worship, when I can choose the one God who created me and all life, and who loves me?

Again, he sends his "son" or maybe himself (because he was his own father, which is just kind of freaky, really) to save us from a punishment/curse he himself imposed.

Because a woman listened to a talking snake and ate an apple from a magic tree.

Really.

And honestly, you can't prove that God created all life... or any life, for that matter.

Again, he sends his "son" or maybe himself (because he was his own father, which is just kind of freaky, really) to save us from a punishment/curse he himself imposed.

Really.

And honestly, you can't prove that God created all life... or any life, for that matter.

OMGorsh. Your posts have proven provoking.... Ironically more to discredit your avid stance against Christianity. :dunno:

Oh my, and he's a lightweight, lol...it's when you have them ratatat that it gets really disheartening.

We were talking about this very topic TODAY in church...yet more support for my own personal faith, because it NEVER fails that when something biblical strikes me and I start thinking about it, it will come up in a sermon or Sunday school or someone will bring it up. It's a continuing revelation to me.

Anyway, we were discussing how awful people are specifically about Christians, particularly at the Christmas season...the horrible things they say...and it's all about them being unhappy, and searching, without knowing it, for God.

And we were also talking not about Judas specifically, but about how important it is to love people who aren't necessarily easy to love, and who might not love (and may actively hate) you, and who may have done horrible things (Judas!) or just not be people you, personally, like.

Last edited:

Really.

OMGorsh. Your posts have proven provoking.... Ironically more to discredit your avid stance against Christianity. :dunno:

As soon as Christian start actually doing what Jesus said to do, I'll stop mocking them....

And ultimately, you're doing exactly as you're supposed to in God's plan.

Forum List

Back