The Death of Good Manners - OR - Were These People Raised by Wolves?

okay g/f.....this is going on here....a friend is having her wedding for close friends and family only...then a reception for 300...why should i dress up? i apparently am not a close friend, the reception is outdoors etc...fuck have your reception at the zoo and people are gonna dress for the zoo....plus to you want the guests to be there to have fun or to dress up...want formal dress have a formal reception...last i checked those are not at zoos...i dont give a damn how nice the zoo is....you are eating in a zoo with animals...same reason i dont go to that dixie stampede shit...i dont eat in barns

The reception was not "in the zoo with the animals". It was in a building on the zoo grounds, used for hosting events (such as weddings, banquets, educational gatherings) to allow the zoo to make extra income. While it is built to afford lovely views of the animals and plants, it isn't actually anywhere close to them. The guests were not invited for a casual outing to the zoo. They were invited for a wedding. Thus, one does not "dress for the zoo". One dresses for the wedding.

invite me to a wedding on the beach. don't expect me to arrive dressed to the nines
that is also true if you invite me to meet you at the zoo

the matter of late attendance ... that was rude

okay g/f.....this is going on here....a friend is having her wedding for close friends and family only...then a reception for 300...why should i dress up? i apparently am not a close friend, the reception is outdoors etc...fuck have your reception at the zoo and people are gonna dress for the zoo....plus to you want the guests to be there to have fun or to dress up...want formal dress have a formal reception...last i checked those are not at zoos...i dont give a damn how nice the zoo is....you are eating in a zoo with animals...same reason i dont go to that dixie stampede shit...i dont eat in barns

The reception was not "in the zoo with the animals". It was in a building on the zoo grounds, used for hosting events (such as weddings, banquets, educational gatherings) to allow the zoo to make extra income. While it is built to afford lovely views of the animals and plants, it isn't actually anywhere close to them. The guests were not invited for a casual outing to the zoo. They were invited for a wedding. Thus, one does not "dress for the zoo". One dresses for the wedding.

invite me to a wedding on the beach. don't expect me to arrive dressed to the nines

I'm hoping that your friends all know that you aren't really up on the whole "social" thing and are easily thrown by it. Clearly, newfangled innovations like outdoor weddings are just too much for many curmudgeons in the audience who haven't been invited to leave their houses since 1969.

How to Dress for an Outdoor Wedding | eHow.com

Sad that there actually has to be an article out there telling people it's never appropriate to wear jeans and sneakers to a wedding.

Reid Park Zoo, Tucson Zoological Society - content - index

Formal outdoor weddings have been all the rage for some time now, as many people consider nature to be much more beautiful than architecture. This is why many places with mature landscaping, good views, etc. market themselves for fancy weddings. And Tucson, being warm and sunny nearly all year round, has a lot of fancy outdoor weddings.

I'm hoping that your friends all know that you aren't really up on the whole "social" thing and are easily thrown by it. Clearly, newfangled innovations like outdoor weddings are just too much for many curmudgeons in the audience who haven't been invited to leave their houses since 1969.

How to Dress for an Outdoor Wedding | eHow.com

Sad that there actually has to be an article out there telling people it's never appropriate to wear jeans and sneakers to a wedding.

Reid Park Zoo, Tucson Zoological Society - content - index

Formal outdoor weddings have been all the rage for some time now, as many people consider nature to be much more beautiful than architecture. This is why many places with mature landscaping, good views, etc. market themselves for fancy weddings. And Tucson, being warm and sunny nearly all year round, has a lot of fancy outdoor weddings.

Looking at your link.. Surprisingly enough, it's a zoo. Get over it. People wear *pants* to the zoo. Business casual is not inappropriate for the zoo. Business casual is not inapproppriate for a bunch of folding chairs, and tables on the grass. If you want a formal wedding, have it in a formal location, or put on the invitation that those not wearing formal attire need not attend. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not really in the mood to subject a $200 dress and my favorite strappy heels to outside elements, and the smell that goes with a zoo. In addition, if the wedding and reception was in the building, and was in the *same* building, that's not very formal, either.

Does your friend know you're embarrassing her this badly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back