The Death Of Global Warming, Finally?

It was 64F here today. The roses are still in bloom. When I was a girl, this part of the world was a deep freeze from November 1 until about mid April. If this is global warming, I like it. I can remember freezing my butt off even in a hooded car coat while I waited for the school bus in the winter.

It was 64F here today. The roses are still in bloom. When I was a girl, this part of the world was a deep freeze from November 1 until about mid April. If this is global warming, I like it. I can remember freezing my butt off even in a hooded car coat while I waited for the school bus in the winter.

Yep! Warmer is better! Enjoy it while it lasts!

Yep! Warmer is better! Enjoy it while it lasts!

TheConnorShow039.jpg

Taken today December 3, 2011. I've never seen roses in bloom here in December before. Would never have believed it if anyone had told me 50 years ago it would ever happen.

I didn't realize East Anglia University had a monopoly on the scientific consensus of climate change.

It would be nice if this could be tracked back to more than just an anonymous blogger's page and it was more then selected passages from "5000" e-mails.

The emails show pretty categorically that the CRU is the nexus for the fraud. It is amazing that Mann, Jones, Trenberth, and Briffa have been able to co-opt the science of climatology and pervert it to their ends. They have done immeasurable damage to science in general and have pretty much discredited climatology as a science. It will take decades to rehabilitate it's status as a science, if it ever does.

Oh my, a few nefarious scientists have made the whole of the world's scientific establishment toe their mark!

Do you realize just how fucking dumb that sounds, Walleyes? Trying to get a consensus from a group of scientists where there is any doubt at all on a subject is like tryint to herd cats. The reason there is a worldwide consensus on AGW is that the evidence is overwhelming. Lie about it all you please, the Earth is rapidly warming, and will continue to do so for at least several decades. If we continue as we are doing, it will be millenia.

Several years ago here in Portland, Oregon, we had several years where the roses bloomed right through the winter. Still have some blooms on the bush out front, but the recent frosts will end that.

Climategate 2? More UEA hacked emails - Telegraph

This might help, the Telegraph is usually reasonably unbiased - although as a source it is right leaning.

The University of East Anglia doesn't have a monopoly on anything
... it is, however, a key part of the international research into climate change.
Pretty much most AGW theory is based upon the data provided by East Anglia. Much of which is now being shown to be manipulated for political purpose. (for the second time)

If it was, it's merely a reaction to rampant politicization by skeptics/deniers. These are scientists, not politicians. That's the only reason they were more open about what they're doing, than the kind of seasoned politcal pros their adversaries are employing. I doubt the skeptic think tanks would want their private emails read for political content. Now that WOULD BE revealing!!!
They were open about what they were doing only in emails amongst themselves. They certainly never intended their methods of manipulation of data and the bastardization of the peer-review process to become public knowledge.

Of course, the Troo Beleevers like you and Roxy will defend them no matter what.

I didn't realize East Anglia University had a monopoly on the scientific consensus of climate change.

It would be nice if this could be tracked back to more than just an anonymous blogger's page and it was more then selected passages from "5000" e-mails.

The emails show pretty categorically that the CRU is the nexus for the fraud. It is amazing that Mann, Jones, Trenberth, and Briffa have been able to co-opt the science of climatology and pervert it to their ends. They have done immeasurable damage to science in general and have pretty much discredited climatology as a science. It will take decades to rehabilitate it's status as a science, if it ever does.

Oh my, a few nefarious scientists have made the whole of the world's scientific establishment toe their mark!

Do you realize just how fucking dumb that sounds, Walleyes? Trying to get a consensus from a group of scientists where there is any doubt at all on a subject is like tryint to herd cats. The reason there is a worldwide consensus on AGW is that the evidence is overwhelming. Lie about it all you please, the Earth is rapidly warming, and will continue to do so for at least several decades. If we continue as we are doing, it will be millenia.
There is no worldwide consensus on AGW.

Global warming is a fact. However, no one has proven that man is causing it. And those who try lay the guilt at the door of the US. BUT I've been to China, where the pollution is so bad you can barely breathe. China is a coal rich country an they are not going to give it up. But when they do, they will be posed to buy every cent worth of oil and nautural gas. And where will that leave the US? China can send the US back to the stone age now if she wants. But there are peope in the US who would do it this second.

A coming ice age? So what? If man IS destroying mother earth, and I can believe man is very damaging to her, but if mand IS TRULY destroying mother earth, a coming ice age is just her way of reclaiming and healing herself. People have lived in the ice before, they will again.

A coming ice age? Not nearly so fearsome as the present dark age.

Global warming is a fact. However, no one has proven that man is causing it. And those who try lay the guilt at the door of the US. BUT I've been to China, where the pollution is so bad you can barely breathe. China is a coal rich country an they are not going to give it up. But when they do, they will be posed to buy every cent worth of oil and nautural gas. And where will that leave the US? China can send the US back to the stone age now if she wants. But there are peope in the US who would do it this second.

A coming ice age? So what? If man IS destroying mother earth, and I can believe man is very damaging to her, but if mand IS TRULY destroying mother earth, a coming ice age is just her way of reclaiming and healing herself. People have lived in the ice before, they will again.

I agree with you right up 'tll you think an ice age isn't as bad as what is happening now. When the next ice age comes you will see the end of civilisation and the death of billions of people within a year. It will be human misery on a scale only equalled by the governments of China under Mao and the USSR under Stalin.

I agree with you right up 'tll you think an ice age isn't as bad as what is happening now. When the next ice age comes you will see the end of civilisation and the death of billions of people within a year. It will be human misery on a scale only equalled by the governments of China under Mao and the USSR under Stalin.

It will not be the death of people who know how to survive. So, sadly, since that is most people on earth, your scenario will be correct. But the earth will survive and heal herself, mankind will go on.

It will not be the death of people who know how to survive. So, sadly, since that is most people on earth, your scenario will be correct. But the earth will survive and heal herself, mankind will go on.

Very true. Nice to read some sanity on these bords once in a while!

No, no, Sunshine. If the Kyoto Accords taught us anything, it's that only CO2 emitted by Western nations is harmful. All other CO2 is harmless and innocent.

Forum List

Back