The death of a FAIRYTALE

Do you people have any idea jsut how fucking sstupid you look backing ideas that have repetedly failed throughout history and including RIGHT as we speak?

How do you suggest Romeny back miserable failure all over europe as a good reason to go forward with you economic plans?

getting some revenues going would help instead of trashing the economy more

They are, you fucking moron. Their problem is not that their private sector isn't investing and growing.... it's because their fucking left wing government hid their unemployment issues by growing their public sector until their public sector was fucking enormous.... so the conservatives had to put it.... and that's why they're still struggling... but their recovery will happen... and they'll be in a far stronger position... and they will need to be... since their incompetent fucking morons on the left have left their citizens with such an enormous debt.

Do you people have any idea jsut how fucking sstupid you look backing ideas that have repetedly failed throughout history and including RIGHT as we speak?

How do you suggest Romeny back miserable failure all over europe as a good reason to go forward with you economic plans?

How do you think they're gonna pay that fucking £5 trillion debt that their Labour government left hidden under a pile of bullshit? Or are you gonna ignore that truth?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

wow you are jsut going to try and keep pretending your failed ideas work.

You are one miserable hack.

Your just going to get sader the rest of your life too.

This world is about to take a huge lean left

Krugman believes that Trillion annual deficits are the new austerity.

He's the funniest read since the Far Side

None of you cons will face these facts right now.

You sure will in the debates.

Poor labor party leaches.... sucks to have to pay for the entitlements doesn't it?

Does that mean they'll have to find work?

Not just work but they better find seriously well paid work... because each family needs to find £180k just to pay their fucking public sector pension deficit. Imagine my shock to find that Krugman completely ignores that fact in his hackery. And.... the double shock... TruthMocker doesn't get the implication of that at all.

£1 trillion debt is about to be £6 trillion - with absolutely nothing to show for it. No investment, no stimulus, no nothing... just a bunch of fucking pension payouts. Unbelievable.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/27/opinion/krugman-death-of-a-fairy-tale.html?_r=1

Critics warned from the beginning that austerity in the face of depression would only make that depression worse. But the “austerians” insisted that the reverse would happen. Why? Confidence! “Confidence-inspiring policies will foster and not hamper economic recovery,” declared Jean-Claude Trichet, the former president of the European Central Bank — a claim echoed by Republicans in Congress here. Or as I put it way back when, the idea was that the confidence fairy would come in and reward policy makers for their fiscal virtue.

The good news is that many influential people are finally admitting that the confidence fairy was a myth. The bad news is that despite this admission there seems to be little prospect of a near-term course change either in Europe or here in America, where we never fully embraced the doctrine, but have, nonetheless, had de facto austerity in the form of huge spending and employment cuts at the state and local level.

Yeah. The first time I heard of this new theme from the leftist media was on PBS. It's now become a full-fledged campaign in both the U.S. and Europe to thwart what is in fact the relatively recent wave of fiscal responsibility, such as it is, stymieing the left's incessant wont to redistribute wealth. The fact of the matter is that most all of the Western world, including the U.S., initially responded to the recession following the housing and subsequent credit crash with Keynesian spending. Only recently did Europe begin to employ so-called austerity measures in response to the consequent and impending crises of deficit spending.

Last edited:
Poor labor party leaches.... sucks to have to pay for the entitlements doesn't it?

Not just work but they better find seriously well paid work... because each family needs to find £180k just to pay their fucking public sector pension deficit. Imagine my shock to find that Krugman completely ignores that fact in his hackery. And.... the double shock... TruthMocker doesn't get the implication of that at all.

£1 trillion debt is about to be £6 trillion - with absolutely nothing to show for it. No investment, no stimulus, no nothing... just a bunch of fucking pension payouts. Unbelievable.

In other words? Stagnation worthy of yesteryear...and the horrors that erupted as a result...Repeat of history?

And what you speak is going to happen to US if we don't stop it dead in it's tracks this election year. WE are barrellin right down the same road.

Good post.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/27/opinion/krugman-death-of-a-fairy-tale.html?_r=1

Critics warned from the beginning that austerity in the face of depression would only make that depression worse. But the “austerians” insisted that the reverse would happen. Why? Confidence! “Confidence-inspiring policies will foster and not hamper economic recovery,” declared Jean-Claude Trichet, the former president of the European Central Bank — a claim echoed by Republicans in Congress here. Or as I put it way back when, the idea was that the confidence fairy would come in and reward policy makers for their fiscal virtue.

The good news is that many influential people are finally admitting that the confidence fairy was a myth. The bad news is that despite this admission there seems to be little prospect of a near-term course change either in Europe or here in America, where we never fully embraced the doctrine, but have, nonetheless, had de facto austerity in the form of huge spending and employment cuts at the state and local level.

Fairytale? Yes. Death? No.

Bad, discredited and even disproved ideas constantly get recycled...sometimes under a different name.

In other words? Stagnation worthy of yesteryear...and the horrors that erupted as a result...Repeat of history?

And what you speak is going to happen to US if we don't stop it dead in it's tracks this election year. WE are barrellin right down the same road.

Good post.

I believe that the same thing could very well happen to the US.... I can only hope that there enough informed Americans to stop us ending up the same way. Britain is one of the few countries in Europe who are on the right track. They'll survive this - and, thanks to the hard measures taken by the Conservative and LIBERAL government... they'll come out stronger the other side.

Fairytale? Yes. Death? No.

Bad, discredited and even disproved ideas constantly get recycled...sometimes under a different name.

Another rabid lefty who doesn't grasp the simple concept of Krugman's fundamentally flawed 'opinion'.

Interesting that Krugman totally ignores the horrifying £5trillion public sector pensions shortfall that the UK is also facing. They have no better option than austerity. That pension blackhole is going to cost each family in the UK £180,000. Given that the average income in the UK is around £25/30,000..... that's a financial burden that might break millions of those people.

Krugman would do well to consider ALL the facts, not just the ones that support his preconceived opinions before putting those opinions out for the hacks to follow like fucking morons.

To put that £5 trillion shortfall into perspective, right now, the total national debt of the UK is about £1.1 trillion. That's for their entire debt. And they're gonna have to add another £5 trillion to it - just to keep their public sector pension commitment. That's where the left will lead the US.

Stupid fucking leftists.

He's concerned that the USA has embraced "austerity" it seems

The gravy train is over in Europe. There's no money, only smoke and mirrors. Its about over here in the US also.

This election is about the failed policies, horrid economy, high unemployment, no energy plan, inflation, numerous scandals of Obama. Of course he's squirming. I would be too if I had left such a shitpile in my wake.

Last edited:

Good post.

I believe that the same thing could very well happen to the US.... I can only hope that there enough informed Americans to stop us ending up the same way. Britain is one of the few countries in Europe who are on the right track. They'll survive this - and, thanks to the hard measures taken by the Conservative and LIBERAL government... they'll come out stronger the other side.

Indeed. As some EU governments are turning around...WE are on a collision course to learn the same thing (all over again)...but there are those that see it as you and many others and realize what is at stake.

What happens this year will be crucial.

I applaud the actions over there for the austerity.

Better to deal with it now than after a crash.

When you don't have any money to spend, you stop spending. It's not austerity. It's called the freaking sane thing to do.

If your household is in debt, you don't go out and get 5 more credit cards to go further in debt. That's crazy.

That's why we're ok in Canada because we aren't printing monopoly money out the ying yang. It's called financial prudence. Sweden's hanging in and Britain is getting back on the right track.

Stop spending money you don't have. It's really a no brainer.

You will have to explain why countries in Europe who followed a more conservative plan have tanked their economies.

No amount of calling names will make these facts disapear.

When you don't have any money to spend, you stop spending. It's not austerity. It's called the freaking sane thing to do.

If your household is in debt, you don't go out and get 5 more credit cards to go further in debt. That's crazy.

That's why we're ok in Canada because we aren't printing monopoly money out the ying yang. It's called financial prudence. Sweden's hanging in and Britain is getting back on the right track.

Stop spending money you don't have. It's really a no brainer.

Now if we can convince the American left?

Forum List

Back