The death of a dear friend

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
A few weeks ago, an old and dear friend of mine passed away. He was always a bit unconventional, and he remained true to that in his will.
Within his will, he provided financially for his widow, but asked that the remainder of his wealth be buried with him. He asked that the remaining $900,000 be split 3 ways between his dear widow, his brother and I (his best friend). And that each of us throw $300,000 into his casket prior to his burial.
A few days after the funeral the three of us met for dinner to reminisce about this fine man. Shortly into the dinner, his widow announced that despite the fact that he had provided financial security for the rest of her life, she just couldn't give up the $300k and had tossed an empty envelope into the casket. His brother then admitted that he also had dropped an empty envelope into the casket.
I was appalled that these people would deny the final wishes of such an honorable man. I was truly shocked that they had failed to follow the guidelines stipulated within his will.
Some people have no sense of honor and responsibility, I dropped a personal check for the entire amount into his casket.

A few weeks ago, an old and dear friend of mine passed away. He was always a bit unconventional, and he remained true to that in his will.
Within his will, he provided financially for his widow, but asked that the remainder of his wealth be buried with him. He asked that the remaining $900,000 be split 3 ways between his dear widow, his brother and I (his best friend). And that each of us throw $300,000 into his casket prior to his burial.
A few days after the funeral the three of us met for dinner to reminisce about this fine man. Shortly into the dinner, his widow announced that despite the fact that he had provided financial security for the rest of her life, she just couldn't give up the $300k and had tossed an empty envelope into the casket. His brother then admitted that he also had dropped an empty envelope into the casket.
I was appalled that these people would deny the final wishes of such an honorable man. I was truly shocked that they had failed to follow the guidelines stipulated within his will.
Some people have no sense of honor and responsibility, I dropped a personal check for the entire amount into his casket.

Perfect! LOL!

I just love the interactive ads that appear at the head of each page. Here we have a gag about a burial and up pops three ads:

ASHES INTO GLASS
Cremated ashes made into glass.

FUNERAL CASKET
Find the right funeral director.

INHERITANCE TAX INSURANCE

Whenever I start a thread up comes an ad asking if I want to join the Royal Marines! :lol:

I went to the funeral of a Jewish man I knew back in the middle 70's. I was the last in line to file by and view the deceased. I noticed that everybody had been tossing in money so I gathered it all up, counted it and wrote him a check for the full amount. So far the check hasn't cleared the bank...

Forum List

Back