The Daylight Special

Big Black Dog

Platinum Member
May 20, 2009
The Daylight Special, a private passenger train pulled by Southern Pacific's massive steam locomotive 4449 came rolling down the track right behind my house yesterday. I went up to the crossing at Stratford, (just up the road) and took this picture as she rolled by. The Southern Pacific's train was enroute to a train festival in Owosso, Michigan and was going to be stopping overnight at Union Station in Chicago. She was going about 60 mph when it came by as I took the photo.

Attachments

• $steam train.jpg
    $steam train.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 63
Nice camera.. What kind is it? (Trains don't thrill me, but the pic quality is outstanding).

Nice camera.. What kind is it? (Trains don't thrill me, but the pic quality is outstanding).

I took the photo with a Nikon D300 digital camera. I like using Nikon digital cameras. I have a Nikon D1, a Nikon D50 and the Nikon D300. Each of them takes just outstanding photos.

I took the photo with a Nikon D300 digital camera. I like using Nikon digital cameras. I have a Nikon D1, a Nikon D50 and the Nikon D300. Each of them takes just outstanding photos.

I have a Sony T300 that I got a little over a year ago when they first came out.. By far my favorite camera.. Options are endless, but not impossible to figure out...

The Daylight Special, a private passenger train pulled by Southern Pacific's massive steam locomotive 4449 came rolling down the track right behind my house yesterday. I went up to the crossing at Stratford, (just up the road) and took this picture as she rolled by. The Southern Pacific's train was enroute to a train festival in Owosso, Michigan and was going to be stopping overnight at Union Station in Chicago. She was going about 60 mph when it came by as I took the photo.

That's a STEAM locomotive?

Where's the smokestacks and so forth?

That's a STEAM locomotive?

Where's the smokestacks and so forth?

Yes, that's a steam locomotive. There is a smokestack and I did see some smoke coming out of it at one point but not like the ones I've seen on TV.

I have a Sony T300 that I got a little over a year ago when they first came out.. By far my favorite camera.. Options are endless, but not impossible to figure out...

A good friend of mine has a Sony digital camera but I don't know what model it is. She likes it real well and it takes some nice pictures too. My first digital camera was a Sony Mavica and I took a great many photos with it and I liked it alot. That was a long time ago... I like the things you can do with a digital SLR so that's why I like Nikons. My wife has a Nikon Coolpix - a S630 - and it's a very nice little camera for a point and shoot.

Forum List

Back