The Day Bush became dictator

There is no way for us to determine if they actually "figured it out" or if they are merely claiming they "figured it out". The President doesn't actually have to have evidence that someone is a terrorist - he only has to CLAIM he does. Since he is allowed to merely state "I have evidence, but I'm keeping it all secret" there is absolutely no way for anyone to know if the evidence is real or not.

Therefore, de-facto dictator.

The argument of a de-facto dipshit!

Do you guys ever have any ideas or is it all anti this,anti that and fear mongering? I think the point of a democracy is dealing with different ideas and chosing the best one. You don't have any ideas or solutions---if democracy in America is dead, you killed it.

One of the best posts I've seen in a l-o-n-g time.

Good for ya dilloduck.:clap:

The day Bush signed into law Joint Resolution 23, containing the text:

"That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons."
(bold face added)

he became defacto dictator of the United States.

This law gives him authority to do as he pleases, and all he has to do is say that he has determined it is required to protect us from terrorism.

We may as well have passed a law saying the President may act as he pleases as long as he says "abra cadabra open sesame" first.

Yes folks, its worse than we all thought. The United States of America was attacked on September, and a mere 7 days later, on September 18th, 2001, it was destroyed. Not by the people who had attacked it, but by the very people who have sworn to defend it.

I'm sure most of you right wing warmongering types will say "yes, but the administration isn't coming after me, or you, so what's the problem?" ... but I have to ask in reply, what's to stop him?

The President and any Senator or Congressman who signed this bill are guilty of treason, and deserve a traitor's fate.

Full text of JR 23:http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/sept_11/sjres23_eb.htm

Spidey they let you have a pc down at the Salvation Army mission?

Listen asshole, you guys always do this, you take something and then apply the worstcase scenario to it, its how you play to your kook base, its fearmongering at its worst, the rest of us see the glass as being half full on this bill...........but if you want it repealed win elections and get it repealed, until then................

Spidey they let you have a pc down at the Salvation Army mission?

Listen asshole, you guys always do this, you take something and then apply the worstcase scenario to it, its how you play to your kook base, its fearmongering at its worst, the rest of us see the glass as being half full on this bill...........but if you want it repealed win elections and get it repealed, until then................

What I think is funny, it took him nearly 5 years to get upset about it! Now he's telling us to 'read it.' :laugh:

No. There are no stipulations. Its a very short bill. Read it. Its only a few pages, it may only be a page. Of course, its a document that ends the greatest Democracy ever on this Earth, its only fitting it be short and to the point.

AHHHHHHHH THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!

You are a complete fucking wingnut, go clean up that shithole N.O., would ya?

What I think is funny, it took him nearly 5 years to get upset about it! Now he's telling us to 'read it.' :laugh:

Yeah ol' Spidey ain't too quick on the draw. I think he swam in the Katrina 9th ward water too much looking for floating chitlins to eat last summer.

LOL, I think you have the lowest reputation on the board :laugh: Like your avatar.

Hmm, lowest rep. Actually, he's third. Lowest goes to 8236 with a -548, and David2004 is second with -538. Spidey here doesn't even get close. According to the rep-o-meter, Spidey sucks off goats, but 8236 and David2004 are so low that it doesn't even have a name (hey mods, think you can fix that?).

Get serious, this doesn't give the president dictatorial powers. He can't cancel the elections or extend his term limit. Plus if they are an American citizen they still need a trial. Bush isn't dictator.

Can you read?

Alright, then read the part of that bill which says the president can do whatever he wants to anyone.

And tell me how that doesn't make him a dictator.
Well, thats good news for us. All he has to do now is wait until its almost election day, then imprison all the front running Dems who might give the Repubs trouble at the polls, and arrest the Dem candidate for president, and the Repubs will win that also. YIPPIEEEEEE !!!!

I've got a question. Given that you guys are begging for a king, wouldn't the lot of you make the American Revolution senseless?

I'm being serious, because when you think about it you are guys are advocating getting rid of the United States Constitution and replacing it with the Magna Carta. The Magna Carta gave the king the kind of power Junior is begging for.

Have all of you forgotten Thomas Paine? He explained in very clear language why the Magna Carta is a joke, which makes your apologetic posts a joke.

As for your claim about how Junior will soon be out of office, I'm sure all of you feel that the vacated position will be replaced by a Junior clone, someone with only two active brain cells. In that sense nothing has changed and it will be like you have a dictator for life as I'm sure all of you dream about.

I've got a question. Given that you guys are begging for a king, wouldn't the lot of you make the American Revolution senseless?

I'm being serious, because when you think about it you are guys are advocating getting rid of the United States Constitution and replacing it with the Magna Carta. The Magna Carta gave the king the kind of power Junior is begging for.

Have all of you forgotten Thomas Paine? He explained in very clear language why the Magna Carta is a joke, which makes your apologetic posts a joke.

As for your claim about how Junior will soon be out of office, I'm sure all of you feel that the vacated position will be replaced by a Junior clone, someone with only two active brain cells. In that sense nothing has changed and it will be like you have a dictator for life as I'm sure all of you dream about.

Kings are much safer than liberals.

The day Bush signed into law Joint Resolution 23, containing the text:

"That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons."
(bold face added)

he became defacto dictator of the United States.

This law gives him authority to do as he pleases, and all he has to do is say that he has determined it is required to protect us from terrorism.

We may as well have passed a law saying the President may act as he pleases as long as he says "abra cadabra open sesame" first.

Yes folks, its worse than we all thought. The United States of America was attacked on September, and a mere 7 days later, on September 18th, 2001, it was destroyed. Not by the people who had attacked it, but by the very people who have sworn to defend it.

I'm sure most of you right wing warmongering types will say "yes, but the administration isn't coming after me, or you, so what's the problem?" ... but I have to ask in reply, what's to stop him?

The President and any Senator or Congressman who signed this bill are guilty of treason, and deserve a traitor's fate.

Full text of JR 23:http://www.yale.edu/lawweb/avalon/sept_11/sjres23_eb.htm

Oh wow, how could Congress has given the President permission to use his Constitutionally granted powers to defend this nation. He cant use his Constitutional powers. That would give him power and so hence he must be ::Gasp:: a dictator!

I mean why on earth would we want the Commander-and-Chief to lead this nation into battle. It has to be some mistake.

And of course you know since Congress authorized the use of the Presidents war powers that he has been secretly holding back. That election with Kerry was just for show. And the idea that his presidency is over in two years is a myth. He is just biding his time to enslave the American people.

Oh woe! Woe! How can the American people be so stupid.

I know you're appearing stupid on purpose, but when you read the whole statement in it's entirety, all it's saying is if the president (and the agencies at his disposal) figure out you played a part in 9/11, they can take any and all actions necessary to prevent you from a repeat performance. You reading more into it than that to claim Bush is now a dictator is disingenuous to the nth degree.

he isnt appearing stupid for any other reason other than the fact that he is psycho.

Its peope like him who make the left look nuts.

No. There are no stipulations. Its a very short bill. Read it. Its only a few pages, it may only be a page. Of course, its a document that ends the greatest Democracy ever on this Earth, its only fitting it be short and to the point.

The President already has powers granted from the Constitution giving him all the power he needs to invade anyone he feels necessary. All Congress has done is support the Presidents use of His power.

Contrary to your assertion this bill doesnt give him dictator powers. Some dictator he would be considering all Congress has to do is come back and say "We dont approve of this war" and he has absolutely no power to wage it.

Of course, common sense is something you are foreign too. And they call republicans paranoid fearmongers

So let me get this straight - the idea that we should repeal laws which grant the President dictatorial powers is somehow unDemocratic?

Damn, that's just, I, I just don't understand you.

You realize youve just disproved your "Bush is a dictator" argument by acknowledging that we have the power to repeal the law dont you?

Forum List

Back