The Day After

JIHADTHIS

Mar 31, 2004
Mowing a grassy knoll....
Since we will be stuck in he said/she said, Vietnam, flower power mode until election day, I was wondering: What does anyone think will actually happen the day after election day? If Bush wins (or loses), will he let the dogs loose in Iraq, Iran and/or Syria? Actually get anywhere with domestic issues?

If Kerry should somehow pull a rabbit out of his ass and win, will we all be dead by 2006? Under UN control by 2007? If the election is close do you see anarchy in the streets?

Just wondering :smoke:

not to make light of the presidential election, but its all a moot point if democrats regain the house and senate, wouldn't ya think?

JIHADTHIS said:
Since we will be stuck in he said/she said, Vietnam, flower power mode until election day, I was wondering: What does anyone think will actually happen the day after election day? If Bush wins (or loses), will he let the dogs loose in Iraq, Iran and/or Syria? Actually get anywhere with domestic issues?

If Kerry should somehow pull a rabbit out of his ass and win, will we all be dead by 2006? Under UN control by 2007? If the election is close do you see anarchy in the streets?

Just wondering :smoke:

Part of me hopes for a landslide, one way or the other, because I'd almost rather see Sen. Kerry win than go through 2000 all over again (almost). The events that transpired after the 2000 election were dangerous to the integrity of our democratic process and they set an awful precedent. If the 2004 election is as close as 2000, I forsee major and long-lasting problems and, in my opinion, a very high likelihood of violence.

I think though that it's a foregone conclusion that there will be lawsuits filed by Democrats in every important state with close results this year. This goes back to my earlier statement in another thread. For Democrats, the desire for political power trumps pride, integrity, character, honor, and honesty. I should have added: duty, and the safety of this country and the well-being of it's citizens. Playing politics with national security wasn't the first step. Playing politics with our democratic processes came first. They may have lost the first round, but does anyone here seriously think they're done?

If Sen. Kerry does win, he'll be a one-termer and the next catastrophic terrorist attack will come on the following Republican's watch. Therefore, despite the fact that terrorist elements would have been able to reconstitute themselves and co-ordinate an attack under a lax Kerry Administration the blame will again fall on the shoulders of a Republican.

I can almost see this happening because too many have not learned their history lesson.

Almost I say, because I'm too much of an optimist to seriously consider a President Kerry. (I mean seriously, how absurd would that be?)

Will a re-elected Pres. Bush...

...let loose the dogs in Iraq? Personally, I expect Iraq to be pretty quiet by Inaguration Day 2005.

...attack Iran? Let's hope so, in some fashion or another. Maybe after the attacks in Russia we can get some pressure from the north. Eventually Pres. Putin will come around. If it weren't for his desire to get his fingers in the EU cookie jar he would have already. He's stubborn, to be sure, but he's not a fool. A re-elected Pres. Bush might be considerably easier to deal with than a Pres. Bush in the middle of a close election year.

...attack Syria? I'm expecting something more along the lines of behind the scenes pressure that leads to Syria voluntarily surrendering the WMD Saddam sent there in the first days of the war.

Zhukov said:
...attack Iran? Let's hope so, in some fashion or another. Maybe after the attacks in Russia we can get some pressure from the north. Eventually Pres. Putin will come around. If it weren't for his desire to get his fingers in the EU cookie jar he would have already. He's stubborn, to be sure, but he's not a fool. A re-elected Pres. Bush might be considerably easier to deal with than a Pres. Bush in the middle of a close election year.

...attack Syria? I'm expecting something more along the lines of behind the scenes pressure that leads to Syria voluntarily surrendering the WMD Saddam sent there in the first days of the war.

I think Putin will get on board pretty quickly, especially if the chechnyan's pick it up. As long as Blair isn't impeached, Great Britain could end up being our only real ally left in old europe and that should end Putins hopes of the EU treasury.

Forum List

Back