The dangers of cutting social programs

Said1 said:
Some of this stuff can be done on a volunteer basis, by community members. How about incentives for that? Initiative, doing something to help themselves is a start.

WHAT?! you mean work and fix my own problem....you must be joking

manu1959 said:
WHAT?! you mean work and fix my own problem....you must be joking

I know it sounds crazy! :D

Would you be willling to donate paint (if you could) for park equipment if the people in the community wanted to paint it themselves?

Said1 said:
I know it sounds crazy! :D

Would you be willling to donate paint (if you could) for park equipment if the people in the community wanted to paint it themselves?

well at my kids school we work in the class room as aids, by the school books, buy the teacher supplies, have work weekends were we garden and fix things....at the local parks we donate materials and build play structures and have work weekends....

or

we could wait for the government to show up and fix things and complain that things suck

manu1959 said:
well at my kids school we work in the class room as aids, by the school books, buy the teacher supplies, have work weekends were we garden and fix things....at the local parks we donate materials and build play structures and have work weekends....

or

we could wait for the government to show up and fix things and complain that things suck

Exactly. I live in the shittiest area in the city. We do almost everything ourselves, we have too or else it would be worse than it is. There is a retired man at the end of my street who checks the park behind his house every morning for needles and other dangerous objects. Now that's freekin initiative, man. :flameth:

Said1 said:
Exactly. I live in the shittiest area in the city. We do almost everything ourselves, we have too or else it would be worse than it is. There is a retired man at the end of my street who checks the park behind his house every morning for needles and other dangerous objects. Now that's freekin initiative, man. :flameth:

exactly...nite have a nice weekend

manu1959 said:

or

What if you don't have the money to buy things? What if you work on weekends? What if you don't even have a local park?
Life is not always perfect.

Donating some of your time costs NOTHING! I live in what would probably be described as a low income area - there is a beautiful park 1/2 block up the street. Do any of the local kids use it? Hell No! It is much easier for them to run up and down the hallways raising hell. This because momma is on welfare, going out with her "man of the moment" and leaving the kids on their own. The only time of day that I have ever seen anyone in the park is late evening, when the "cool" dudes are doing their thing - and I'm sure that includes drugs. The only finger I can point at the government is for allowing the leeches to suck off the welfare nipple for generation after generation! I do believe we should go back to the dark ages (when I was young) - and if you need government assistance, you work for it! Clean those highways, mow the grass etc. etc. NO MORE HANDOUTS!

Gabriella84 said:
What if you don't have the money to buy things? What if you work on weekends? What if you don't even have a local park?
Life is not always perfect.

What if money was raised for park equipment? What if you did things during the time you had off? What if you asked for help within the community if you couldn't do some of those things due to impossible work hours?

There are excuses, and there are solutions. What's better?

Shattered said:
What happened to the wonderful townhouse you live in with all the money you don't make?

Damn girl that is blunt to say the least...Gabby is so full of herself she forgot where she came from...Bev Hills 90210...lol :nine: you got her girl!

Gabriella84 said:
How many poor lower class black and Latino members of the Bush administration?
Why is this relevent? Should Bush pick someone JUST BECAUSE they are black/latino? I thought it was racist to hire people BASED ON their skin color, not by their skills and qualifications...hmmm, better check the Liberal Lingo Dictionary...oh wait. I don't have last month's issue, so the definition of 'racism' is probably out of date.

Shattered, do you have last month's issue that i can borrow? :tng:

Gabriella84 said:
How can you tax people that don't have much? What does that serve?
It should be a state or federal tax. Society will reap the benefits.

newsflash to you gabby, from someone who has held a job since 14....those that are in the so-called lower income brackets DON'T PAY TAXES! They may get $ taken out on their paycheck because its required, but damn near every cent comes back every tax year. I remember getting most of what I paid in, back when I filed.

Gabriella84 said:
How many poor lower class black and Latino members of the Bush administration?
LOL How many functional illiterates have served in any administration? Gabby, you just reinforced your image as a twit.

fuzzykitten99 said:
newsflash to you gabby, from someone who has held a job since 14....those that are in the so-called lower income brackets DON'T PAY TAXES! They may get $ taken out on their paycheck because its required, but damn near every cent comes back every tax year. I remember getting most of what I paid in, back when I filed.
Not only do they get every dime paid in back, they also get "EIC" (earned income credit). Before I became somewhat successful in business I was an enlisted man in the Army. I remember when I was living in Manhattan, KS raising a young daughter and married and only bringing home about $500 a month. Every year I qualified for EIC and that meant if I paid $1,000 into the system I would get back something like $1,600. Pretty nifty if you ask me.

freeandfun1 said:
Not only do they get every dime paid in back, they also get "EIC" (earned income credit). Before I became somewhat successful in business I was an enlisted man in the Army. I remember when I was living in Manhattan, KS raising a young daughter and married and only bringing home about $500 a month. Every year I qualified for EIC and that meant if I paid $1,000 into the system I would get back something like $1,600. Pretty nifty if you ask me.

I get something similar here, it's broken down monthly. And yep, pretty nifty....pays my tuition!

fuzzykitten99 said:

now this was a upfront and honest comment!

Said1 said:
What would be the one single most important thing you think needs to be done in your area (or area closest to you)? And please don't say spend more money on social programs, I know you think that. I'm interested in ideas on how to spend the money....... program implementation ie: mentoring programs etc.

Give it up...have not you figured it out yet that Gabby is a sociology major...she is just trying to guarantee her future in BS social programs...by the way socialogy is the easiest college class to max...I received 85% just on common sense taking the tests without cracking a book...I hated the idiots who took this class serious...but had to smile and put up with them as the class was a requirement....end of story :gross2:

archangel said:
Give it up...have not you figured it out yet that Gabby is a sociology major...she is just trying to guarantee her future in BS social programs...by the way socialogy is the easiest college class to max...I received 85% just on common sense taking the tests without cracking a book...I hated the idiots who took this class serious...but had to smile and put up with them as the class was a requirement....end of story :gross2:

How rude. Geography/Sociology is my major. She's majoring in psychology, same as Dr. Phil :D

Said1 said:
How rude. Geography/Sociology is my major. She's majoring in psychology, same as Dr. Phil :D

Stick with Geography...you are way too smart and cute to waste your time on nonsensicle dribble! :halo:

ps:psychology is not to far from sociology...just a matter of spelling!

Forum List

Back