The dangers of cutting social programs

Gabby always uses the ethnic race card in her diatribe....must be something in the coolaid.........also I wonder if she can name any ethnic cabinet members appointed in the Liberal Demo party...compared to the gist of her complaints about the conservative party...last time I checked many minority appointments were made by the Bush administration...and no kudos forthcomming from G84! :rolleyes:

Shattered said:
Wouldn't that be the equivalent of my statement that parents should take responsibility FOR their kids, rather than just shoving them off on some park?

no problem with the idea--just don't see how to enforce it.

Gabriella84 said:
Very few two-parent ethnic households have two incomes. Too many jobs exported.
Everybody likes to point to Latino and black kids selling drugs. But who are they selling it to? White kids with disposable incomes. Where are THEIR "better parents?"

Since one parent is at home, one would think they had lots of time to keep track of their kids in order to prevent them from selling drugs. Also, don't you think kids/adults who sell drugs also use them?

I am not talking mere ethnicity. I am referring to economic and social status. How many poor lower class black and Latino members of the Bush administration?

The differences in social and economic status are often evened out anyway.
The kids in your neighborhood obtain money by asking their parents for it.
The kids in my neighborhood obtain money by selling drugs to the kids in your neighborhood.

(Yes, it is a generalization. Deal with it.)

dilloduck said:
no problem with the idea--just don't see how to enforce it.

A good start would be to enforce the "no children under the age of 13 admitted without a parent" thing in the parks. There are cops assigned to patrol parks anyway. Kid's found there alone, the parent gets fined.

Again, it's a start. Parents are fined if their kids are truant from school (at least here they are), and if they're out after curfew alone.

Gabriella84 said:
How are you going to FORCE people to be "better parents?"
Most single parents have to work. Sometimes multiple jobs. Very few two-parent ethnic households have two incomes. Too many jobs exported.
Everybody likes to point to Latino and black kids selling drugs. But who are they selling it to? White kids with disposable incomes. Where are THEIR "better parents?"
What the hell is an "ethnic household?"

Gabriella84 said:
I am not talking mere ethnicity. I am referring to economic and social status. How many poor lower class black and Latino members of the Bush administration?

So am I, and how should I know? Give some numbers.

The kids in my neighborhood obtain money by selling drugs to the kids in your neighborhood.

You might be interested to know it is a huge generalization. Reverse what you wrote and that's where I live. So yes, I do have a small clue as to what I'm talking about. Not to pat myself on the back or anything. :rock:

Gabriella84 said:
How are you going to FORCE people to be "better parents?"
Most single parents have to work. Sometimes multiple jobs. Very few two-parent ethnic households have two incomes. Too many jobs exported.
Wait-I am so confused! I thought if the kids had nice parks, schools, etc., they would be fine. So why are the white kids-with all these advantages, doing drugs?

If two-parent ethnic households, cannot both get a job, yet work multiple jobs, couldn't the one with no job, or maybe one job, watch the kids? Take them to a nice park, so they won't be violent?

Truth: You are mixing so many variables up here, it's nearly impossible to make sense out of it. Most kids, from all backgrounds, are good citizens. That's a fact.

Gabby...tell me something.

You said in another thread that you never got in trouble, never got below a B in school, and never did drugs.

How did this happen?

GotZoom said:
Gabby...tell me something.

You said in another thread that you never got in trouble, never got below a B in school, and never did drugs.

How did this happen?

shhhhhhh I injected her with my DNA.

Gabriella84 said:

If y'all go to the humor section...well Gabby claims to be a "White Princess"jet setter type...geez which is she a getto girl or "zip 90210 Bev Hills Valley Girl"

ps:G84 For your info Colin Powell and Condi Rice came from lower middle class..
humm.................!

:huh: She is one confused young lady or full of shit!

Well, you see, when I was a little girl, my dad made me a promise. If made all A's and B's, never got into trouble and never used drugs, one day I would be able to go home to the Armadillo. There, I could hang out with Jerry Jeff Walker and drink Shiner Bock with all the rest of the prettiest women you've ever seen. Unfortunately, developers moved in and turned the Dillo into a parking lot. But I kept my side of the bargain. In return, I was able to visit Austin, eat at Threadgills, shop at Waterloo and pogo at Emos.

Ok, so if they build beautiful parks, swimming pools, and nice schools, that will end violent crime?

I was referring to youth crime. Do you know why kids join street gangs? Most of them don't have anything better to do. How many gangs of suburban white kids are there?

Gabriella84 said:
Well, you see, when I was a little girl, my dad made me a promise. If made all A's and B's, never got into trouble and never used drugs, one day I would be able to go home to the Armadillo. There, I could hang out with Jerry Jeff Walker and drink Shiner Bock with all the rest of the prettiest women you've ever seen. Unfortunately, developers moved in and turned the Dillo into a parking lot. But I kept my side of the bargain. In return, I was able to visit Austin, eat at Threadgills, shop at Waterloo and pogo at Emos.

I was referring to youth crime. Do you know why kids join street gangs? Most of them don't have anything better to do. How many gangs of suburban white kids are there?
damn--and you didn't even give me a ring??

kids join gangs only because they have nothing better to do? This might be an instance where you could back up your statement with some links cuase I'm prone to disagree with ya on this one.

Try reading "Do Or Die" by Leon Bing. Or "A Social History of Gangs."

Gabriella84 said:

Quite a few. Where do you think they get their drugs? This assumption that affluence sets off the dangers of gangs isn't helpful or truthful. What they need are their peers to stop pushing activity such as this and start pushing the same activity that keeps the affluent actually affluent. Schoolwork, teamwork, education, this is what they should push on each other as the path to success, however too often those they look up to for leadership are telling them they cannot make it without their special kind of "help" to "equalize things".

What they really need is their "leaders" to stop telling them they can't make it without the help of "The Man", and their peers to realize that their actions become their future. Too often their "leaders" tell them that they have little worth to society as a whole and there is no way they will ever get out of what they have without the Government support that perpetuates such thought. It becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy.

The assumption that a nice park will stop people who are constantly pumped with the thought that they have no hope to succeed from turning to crime is a warped assumption based solely on left-leaning opinion written by the very "leadership" that tells them they will fail. Then other well-meaning people repeat some of the very words from the "leadership" that constantly harps on them having no hope. All they need are parks....No, what they need is a bit of Truth from those that "lead" them.

archangel said:
If y'all go to the humor section...well Gabby claims to be a "White Princess"jet setter type...geez which is she a getto girl or "zip 90210 Bev Hills Valley Girl"

ps:G84 For your info Colin Powell and Condi Rice came from lower middle class..
humm.................!

:huh: She is one confused young lady or full of shit!

Don't forget AG Gonzales, he was an immigrant without the use of English when he first arrived. It is always amazing that the most diverse Administration in history is always assumed to be racist in some way.

Don't forget AG Gonzales, he was an immigrant without the use of English when he first arrived.

Good point. A tip of the hat to you for that one.

Forum List

Back