The "damnable doctrine" of Charles Darwin

Competition between populations is part of the natural world

How is it unnatural in any way?

Competition between populations may very well be part of the natural world. However Extinction by war, slaughter, slavery, cannibalism et cetera is a form of unnatural selection.

How? One population takes the resources of another or kills them during fights. Is chimpanzees had guns, I'd expect similar results.

Just because our brains and thumbs let us kill more effectively doesn't mean the underlying behavior has changed. We're just better at it.
How is the death of societies most able population serve the advancement of a species?

It doesn't have to be.

Evolution is concerned with species. Evolution acts upon populations.

Where is the proof that "natural selection" results from cannibalism?

Does the dead person or the person who ate him go on to produce offspring?

It's remarkable when I have been accused of making a "dishonest argument" and then over time my accuser loses track of the debate and tries to adapt a major theme of my argument.

"The partial or complete extinction of many races of man is historically known . . . Extinction follows chiefly from the competition of tribe with tribe, and race with race . . .the contest is soon settled by war, slaughter, cannibalism, slavery, and absorption . . .When civilized nations come into contact with barbarians the struggle is short, except where a deadly climate gives its aid to the native race."
Charles Darwin

I find this quote very interesting since on one hand Darwin as advocating an unnatural selection which the success of such a process is only threatened by a natural selection.

The original point from post #4...

Forum List

Back