CDZ The Dallas Shooter

Howey

Gold Member
Mar 4, 2013
Used a gun similar to those used in recent mass shootings.

He killed FIVE police officers.

How many of these weapons wouldn't be in circulation if the assault weapons ban hadn't been allowed to expire twenty years ago?

Reagan's rolling in his grave.

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Details are emerging about the weapon used to carry out the deadly ambush on police officers in Dallas, and while not confirmed, it is believed that the sniper used what is increasingly the weapon of choice in mass shootings.

"We will find that it was a military-style assault weapon with a large capacity magazine on it," Citizens Crime Commission president Richard Aborn said. "And this happens over and over and over again."

Last month, a military-style rifle was used by the gunman who killed 49 people at an Orlando nightclub. And last December, a husband and wife terrorist team killed 14 using a similar semi-automatic rifle. Adam Lanza used a military-type rifle in 2012 to kill 26 students and teachers at a school in Newtown Connecticut, and a similar AR-15-type military rifle was used to kill 12 people earlier that year in a Colorado movie theater.

"The AR-15 Assault weapon is the preferred weapon of these mass killers," former NYPD sergeant and FBI special agent Manuel Gomez said.

Gomez says that until Congress reinstates the ban on these military-style weapons, they will continue to be used in mass shootings because of their killing efficiency.

"You can shoot 50, 60, up to 100 rounds in one minute," he said. "And each round designed to enter the body and tear that piece that it entered apart."

A report by New York's Citizen Crime Commission concluded that after Congress lifted the ban on these military-style rifles in 2004, the number of people killed by semi-automatic, high-capacity guns tripled. Aborn said the Dallas police killings adds to their death toll.

The AR-15 design has a special recoil mechanism which allows you to keep the sights on target during the recoil from the shot and therefore crank off several more quickly. Stoner thought of this.

But he forgot to design an operating rod handle for it, so it jams easily and is hard to unjam.

So the AR-15 has pro's and con's as a self defense weapon.

Anytime you are being attacked by 20 or more it is your weapon of choice. That way you can more easily and quickly shoot 12 cops of which 5 at least are likely to die, if not more.

That's what makes it so popular, plus the G/I Joe image of them. Lots of guys want to be G/I Joes from childhood but they cannot hack boot camp. So they buy the gun and play G/I Joe at home.

The shooter in Dallas was G/I trained however and he was a pretty good shot.

What the verdict on these high velocity 5.56x45mm cartridges and bullets will be a local determination however.

And that all comes down to a vote of the local people and their state legislatures.

All politics is local, as Tip O'Neill would say.

The genie is out of the bottle though and not going back in. To defend yourself against an AR-15 or AK-47 or their numerous clones you need one of your own. Otherwise you too will be outgunned.

The AR-15 design has a special recoil mechanism which allows you to keep the sights on target during the recoil from the shot and therefore crank off several more quickly. Stoner thought of this.

But he forgot to design an operating rod handle for it, so it jams easily and is hard to unjam.

Anytime you are being attacked by 20 or more it is your weapon of choice. That way you can more easily and quickly shoot 12 cops of which 5 at least are likely to die, if not more.

That's what makes it so popular, plus the G/I Joe image of them. Lots of guys want to be G/I Joes from childhood but they cannot hack boot camp. So they buy the gun and play G/I Joe at home.

What the verdict on these high velocity 5.56x45mm cartridges and bullets will be a local determination however.

And that all comes down to a vote of the local people and their state legislatures.

The genie is out of the bottle though and not going back in. To defend yourself against an AR-15 or AK-47 or their numerous clones you need one of your own. Otherwise you too will be outgunned.
Get a grip internet Rambo......you don't know jack XXXX about either weapon. ....... :cuckoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

How many of these weapons wouldn't be in circulation if the assault weapons ban hadn't been allowed to expire twenty years ago?

NEW YORK (WABC) -- Details are emerging about the weapon used to carry out the deadly ambush on police officers in Dallas, and while not confirmed, it is believed that the sniper used what is increasingly the weapon of choice in mass shootings.

"We will find that it was a military-style assault weapon with a large capacity magazine on it," Citizens Crime Commission president Richard Aborn said. "And this happens over and over and over again."

Last month, a military-style rifle was used by the gunman who killed 49 people at an Orlando nightclub. And last December, a husband and wife terrorist team killed 14 using a similar semi-automatic rifle. Adam Lanza used a military-type rifle in 2012 to kill 26 students and teachers at a school in Newtown Connecticut, and a similar AR-15-type military rifle was used to kill 12 people earlier that year in a Colorado movie theater.

"The AR-15 Assault weapon is the preferred weapon of these mass killers," former NYPD sergeant and FBI special agent Manuel Gomez said.

Gomez says that until Congress reinstates the ban on these military-style weapons, they will continue to be used in mass shootings because of their killing efficiency.

"You can shoot 50, 60, up to 100 rounds in one minute," he said. "And each round designed to enter the body and tear that piece that it entered apart."

A report by New York's Citizen Crime Commission concluded that after Congress lifted the ban on these military-style rifles in 2004, the number of people killed by semi-automatic, high-capacity guns tripled. Aborn said the Dallas police killings adds to their death toll.

There are 8 million of these rifles in private hands right now.....do you know how many people have been killed by these rifles.....wanna guess?

in 34 years 154 people have been murdered with these rifles....that's right....34 years....

Care to guess how many people have been killed by knives.....

in 2014 1,567 people were murdered by knives...and every year over 1,500 people are killed by knives over 6 times more people than are killed by all types of rifle.......

So......tell me again how bad these rifles are.....

Get a grip internet Rambo......you don't know jack shit about either weapon. ....... :cuckoo:
Sunni I am guessing that AK-47's are your specialty and not AR's.

so...is it that he killed 5 people in one go that is more important than 1,567 people over a whole year....and 1,500 every year...vs. about 248 a year with rifles...is that the important thing for you....you just don't care if the murders are spread out over a year....

AR-15s are used in fewer crimes than knives or hands and feet....far fewer..

Here you go...the updated table....

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

For 2014 included......

All rifles: 248 ------------(2013....285 (that means AR-15s kill even fewer than that))

Knives: 1,567-------------( 2013....1,490)

Hands and feet: 660----( 2013 .......687 )

Blunt objects: 435------ ( 2013....428)

And gun murders by rifle...been going down....

There are 8 million of these rifles in private hands right now.....do you know how many people have been killed by these rifles.....wanna guess?

in 34 years 154 people have been murdered with these rifles....that's right....34 years....

in 2014 1,567 people were murdered by knives...and every year over 1,500 people are killed by knives over 6 times more people than are killed by all types of rifle.......

Unfortunately that number is going up rather fast.

And nobody has ever used a knife to kill 5 cops out of 12 before.

At the state and local level the voters and their legislators will need to decide if the AR's and the AK's are out of proportion with their killing power for civilian use. That decision has already been made for the submachine guns and the sawed off shotguns. Only question is whether cities and states will decide the same thing ultimately for the AR's and AK's and their many clones.

The problem is that the genie is already out of the bottle. And the genie is not going back in.

Unless Hillary gets a supermajority Senate and control over the House there will be no Federal action on this just as there was no Federal action the past 8 years and also not since Billy -- the other Clinton -- was POTUS back in 1992-2000, pre-Monica.

Unfortunately that number is going up rather fast.

And nobody has ever used a knife to kill 5 cops out of 12 before.

At the state and local level the voters and their legislators will need to decide if the AR's and the AK's are out of proportion with their killing power for civilian use. That decision has already been made for the submachine guns and the sawed off shotguns. Only question is whether cities and states will decide the same thing ultimately for the AR's and AK's and their many clones.

The problem is that the genie is already out of the bottle. And the genie is not going back in.

They are not over powered for civilian use...the cops have them....and whatever the cops have we get...that is as simple a rule as we need.

so...is it that he killed 5 people in one go that is more important than 1,567 people over a whole year....and 1,500 every year...vs. about 248 a year with rifles...is that the important thing for you....you just don't care if the murders are spread out over a year....

For 2014 included......

All rifles: 248 ------------(2013....285 (that means AR-15s kill even fewer than that))

This is called a red herring fallacy.

You are trying to throw up a smoke screen to hide the killing power (force multiplication factor) of the AR's and AK's and their clones.

Too much recoil....hard to keep on target after the 3rd round on auto.

I'm a vietnam vet. Kinda partial to the M16 platform. ..... :cool:
Ok so Stoner is your hero.

Had Stoner simply screwed-in a tiny handle into the bolt like the AK's have and left off the dust cover then he would have invented the perfect carbine.

He did not think of that however.

Get a grip internet Rambo......you don't know jack shit about either weapon. ....... :cuckoo:

An operating rod handle?
Are you thinking of the forward assist?

They are not over powered for civilian use...the cops have them....and whatever the cops have we get...that is as simple a rule as we need.
Not exactly statutory nor logical.

But you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

You are going to find that not everybody agrees with you however.

I would venture to guess that you are in a rather small minority -- certainly less than 45% overall -- probably less than that.

55% are going to want the AR's and AK's off the market.

For 2014 included......

This is called a red herring fallacy.

You are trying to throw up a smoke screen to hide the killing power (force multiplication factor) of the AR's and AK's and their clones.

I can do the same thing with a semi auto deer rifle.
In fact I could kill more with the deer rifle.

That forward assist that Stoner dreamed up does not work. You cannot work the bolt with it. You can only push it forward and make the jam worse.

Ultimately if you have an AR then you need to have a flathead screwdriver and a hammer with you to un-jam it at all times, and/or beat the butt on the ground or floor really hard.

By then your opponent/enemy will have shot you with his AK or AK clone or whatever else he has with him, lever action Winchester, or whatever.

So don't sass me boy with your forward assist

Last edited by a moderator:
I can do the same thing with a semi auto deer rifle.
In fact I could kill more with the deer rifle.
No you can't. Not even Lee Harvey Oswald could do that, and he is the undisputed champion of operating a bolt action Mannlicker Carcano. You may think you are some Lee Harvey Oswald yourself but you are not.

That forward assist that Stoner dreamed up does not work. You cannot work the bolt with it. You can only push it forward and make the jam worse.

Ultimately if you have an AR then you need to have a flathead screwdriver and a hammer with you to clear it at all times, and/or beat the butt on the ground or floor really hard.

By then your opponent/enemy will have shot you with his AK or AK clone or whatever else he has with him, lever action Winchester, or whatever.

So don't sass me boy with your forward assist bullsh!t.

I've put well over 10,000 rounds through my AR without a single jam.
I have had a few FF's due to bad ammo but a quick pull on the charging handle was all it took to get it going again.

You should stop reading the history of the AR and start looking at how it functions today.

Ultimately if you have an AR then you need to have a flathead screwdriver and a hammer with you to clear it at all times, and/or beat the butt on the ground or floor really hard.

So don't sass me boy with your forward assist bullsh!t.

I've put well over 10,000 rounds through my AR without a single jam.
I have had a few FF's due to bad ammo but a quick pull on the charging handle was all it took to get it going again.

You should stop reading the history of the AR and start looking at how it functions today.
Anecdotal fallacy.

New Topics

Forum List

Back