The Daily Freakout: Solar Energy

OK, GWV, isn't burning something this valuable pretty damned stupid?

No, not at all if you consider the alternative, we spend way to much time & energy debating GW, viable reserves, etc...

Oil & Natural Gas will get us to the next source, IMO all Gore did was try to establish another power to take on Big Oil & Nationalized Oil Producers (OPEC), and now his message has lost tons of credibility....

Big Oil will remain in charge for numerous reasons, the trick is to get them to invest in true alternatives, at this point the Left has made them out to be a villain, not the savior, bad sales job by the enviro wackos so far.....

How do we forget or delete these products we obtain from oil?

Clothing Ink
Heart Valves
Crayons
Parachutes
Telephones
Enamel
Transparent tape
Antiseptics
Vacuum bottles
Deodorant
Pantyhose
Rubbing Alcohol
Carpets
Epoxy paint
Oil filters
Upholstery
Hearing Aids
Car sound insulation
Cassettes
Motorcycle helmets
Pillows
Shower doors
Shoes
Refrigerator linings
Electrical tape
Safety glass
Awnings
Salad bowl
Rubber cement
Nylon rope
Ice buckets
Fertilizers
Hair coloring
Toilet seats
Denture adhesive
Loudspeakers
Movie film
Fishing boots
Candles
Water pipes
Car enamel
Shower curtains
Credit cards
Aspirin
Golf balls
Detergents
Sunglasses
Glue
Fishing rods
Linoleum
Plastic wood
Soft contact lenses
Trash bags
Hand lotion
Shampoo
Shaving cream
Footballs
Paint brushes
Balloons
Fan belts
Umbrellas
Paint Rollers
Luggage
Antifreeze
Model cars
Floor wax
Sports car bodies
Tires
Dish washing liquids
Unbreakable dishes
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Combs
Tents
Hair curlers
Lipstick
Ice cube trays
Electric blankets
Tennis rackets
Drinking cups
House paint
Roller skates wheels
Guitar strings
Ammonia
Eyeglasses
Ice chests
Life jackets
TV cabinets
Car battery cases
Insect repellent
Refrigerants
Typewriter ribbons
Cold cream
Glycerin
Plywood adhesive
Cameras
Anesthetics
Artificial turf
Artificial Limbs
Bandages
Dentures
Mops
Beach Umbrellas
Ballpoint pens
Boats
Nail polish
Golf bags
Caulking
Tape recorders
Curtains
Vitamin capsules
Dashboards
Putty
Percolators
Skis
Insecticides
Fishing lures
Perfumes
Shoe polish
Petroleum jelly
Faucet washers
Food preservatives
Antihistamines
Cortisone
Dyes
LP records
Solvents
Roofing

The evils of oil, WOW how did we allow the Sex Poodle to sell us against oil, how many of these products are you willing to give up or better yet pay more for them ?!?!?!?!

Greatest post ever.

No, not at all, your post is :clap2::udaman:keep it up, when I grow up I want to be just like you!!!!

Last edited:
yanno, i've been an sparky now for 1/4 century, seen and done a lotta alt energy installs on single family homes.

One could argue that the large wind farms (like the one proposed off Cape Cod) aren't all they're touted to be, but the single home situation has been getting better , and gaining ground

for instance, the advent of the true sine wave inverter made batteryless net metering a reality , one that is relatively cheap to install, and amortizes out well for almost anyone looking to shave that poco bill down

the last few years, we've this green machine, somehow all those bloody do-gooders who previously wanted to save the planet one home at a time have become empowered , and mostly through legislated means directly related to our energy usage and pollution created by it

so here's my Q on this, when Obamacare made it's glorious debut, were all health care providers evil minions?

it's the same sanctioned animal, is it not?

~S~

Not only that, I'm really curious exactly how many jobs will be produced.
Then compare that to all the jobs that he is personally responsible for throwing out the window.

This is part of his plan to make it illegal for us to use oil. Not only will jobs be lost, people are going to die.
If green jobs here go like they do in spain, they will COST us 2.2 jobs for every one they make, for a net loss of 120% post creation.

Energy subsidies to ALL forms of energy must be stopped, and let them stand on their own merits and flaws. Let the fittest form of energy survive. Sort of an economic/industrial bit of Darwinism.

Most days it seems we just repeat the same things and there is no real understanding nor interest in reality. Most days.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/gener...job-created-2-1-2-are-lost-4.html#post1823399

We have spent billions invading a sovereign nation, billions bailing out risk takers who are fools, billions have gone to people who don't need a third Bentley, billions are lost on outsourcing our jobs and children's jobs, billions are wasted on bombs - but what do the wingnuts cry over? Helping to clean up the planet. Somewhere our values got lost in rhetoric that finds anything the democrats do wrong.

A bit ago I thought this started with great gusto with Clinton, but a bit of history demonstrates it started with FDR and grew to mammoth proportion under McCarthyism. Who oddly reminds me now of Glenn Beck.

Debunking The Spanish Study on The Dire Result of Green Jobs Creation | The Green Economy Post: Green Careers, Green Business, Sustainability

A post with incorrect information gets many thanks! Head is shaking as it too often does.

Last edited:
OK, GWV, isn't burning something this valuable pretty damned stupid?

No, not at all if you consider the alternative, we spend way to much time & energy debating GW, viable reserves, etc...

Oil & Natural Gas will get us to the next source, IMO all Gore did was try to establish another power to take on Big Oil & Nationalized Oil Producers (OPEC), and now his message has lost tons of credibility....

Big Oil will remain in charge for numerous reasons, the trick is to get them to invest in true alternatives, at this point the Left has made them out to be a villain, not the savior, bad sales job by the enviro wackos so far.....

No, big oil will not remain in charge. The investment required for manufacturing solar, wind, and geo-thermal is not so great that many, many players cannot get into the action. That is exactly what big oil is afraid of. The oligarchs have had it all their way for over a century now, and major change is in the wind.

No job creation on alternatives, eh?

Wind Turbine Technician Jobs in United States | Indeed.com

Just a few of the solar jobs available;

Solar jobs - Green Job Search

Absolutely amazing how the wingnuts are freaking out that the alternative energies are coming online now, far cheaper then 'clean' coal, and some cheaper than dirty coal. Professional liars putting out false information concerning costs and jobs.

Kind of like the people here that are crying big tears because our President 'forced' BP to put in escrow money for the Americans whose livelihood their criminal negligence has damaged.

maybe our troops could install wind farms in Afghan? Maybe we could even create the
101st windtroopers to zoom on in to do it, it'd be a win/win for everyone!

~S~

Last edited:
No job creation on alternatives, eh?

Wind Turbine Technician Jobs in United States | Indeed.com

Just a few of the solar jobs available;

Solar jobs - Green Job Search

Absolutely amazing how the wingnuts are freaking out that the alternative energies are coming online now, far cheaper then 'clean' coal, and some cheaper than dirty coal. Professional liars putting out false information concerning costs and jobs.

Kind of like the people here that are crying big tears because our President 'forced' BP to put in escrow money for the Americans whose livelihood their criminal negligence has damaged.

you stupid k00k...................it was snowing yesterday in New Hampshire!!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::

July snow falls on Mt. Washington - Local News Updates - MetroDesk - The Boston Globe

maybe our troops could install wind farms in Afghan? Maybe we could even create the
101st windtroopers to zoom on in to do it, it'd be a win/win for everyone!

~S~

LOL. It is actually happening!

Frontline Commanders Requesting Renewable Power Options

On July 25/06 Al-Anbar commander and U.S. Marine Corps Maj. Gen. Richard Zilmer submitted an MNF-W priority 1 request. It pointed to the hazards inherent in American supply lines, and noted that many of the supply convoys on Iraq’s roads (up to 70%, by some reports) were carrying fuel. Much of that fuel wasn’t even for vehicles, but for diesel generators used to generate power at US bases. That is still true, and Afghanistan has even more daunting logistics. By some estimates, shipping each gallon of fuel to Afghanistan requires 7 gallons of fuel for transport.

A number of Pentagon projects use alternative energy at various installations, but Zilmer’s request is believed to have been the first formal request from a front-line commander. Not to mention the first formal request that acknowledges the security dimension of alternative energy sources, in response to the growth of “systempunkt” terrorism and the non-linear battlefield. It has not been the last.

That we are even having this conversation is beyond absurd..............

Even were the global warming hoax to be true, the solutions being advocated for right now are absurd. Imagine asking people who built the cross continental railroad in the 1850's for their input on building the bullet train in Japan!!:eek::lol: Wind and solar power..........every time I hear somebody say wind and solar power I damn near bust my sides laughing. Yup.........the country is broke and k00ks out there want to build an enormously expensive energy system that is an environmental deisaster.:clap2:

And lets remember shall we.........many of these dumbasses dont own anything and are devoid of any meaningful responsibilitities in their lives, thus, they take up these "causes" which are all profoundly anti-capitalist. And why do they take up these causes? Because these k00ks are beyond miserable for making lousy stinkin' personal life decisions and now they are insanely jealous of those of us who are successful. Trust me........that is exactly the common theme among the k00ks who are the true believers. They're fcukking miserable and have made a life committment out of doing whatever it takes to fcukk over others who are succesful. Doubt me? Get to know some of these types of people a little bit and what comes through loud and clear over time is this theme of immense jealousy and bitterness. It is at the core of all of these true believer environmental wingnuts. You will find that most are fcukk ups who are barely making it and want to blame anybody else who is successful for their misery!!!

I say FCUKK THEM...........they can pay my obscenely high coming electric bill if Crap and Trade passes.

Last edited:
Big oil laughs at solar because solar is still a joke.

A joke? In the last two years, companies from all over the world have started building plants here in Oregon that will, between them, manufacture GWs of solar. That is just in one state. The same is happening in other states.

Germany has already installed 8 GWs of solar, and is still installing more.

The price of solar, even without subsidies, is dropping very rapidly. And it is one of the few energy sources that can be scaled in both directions.

Combine electric vehicles, trucks and cars, with rooftop solar, home, businesses, warehouses, ect., and you have a major competitor to oil.

That we are even having this conversation is beyond absurd..............

Even were the global warming hoax to be true, the solutions being advocated for right now are absurd. Imagine asking people who built the cross continental railroad in the 1850's for their input on building the bullet train in Japan!!:eek::lol: Wind and solar power..........every time I hear somebody say wind and solar power I damn near bust my sides laughing. Yup.........the country is broke and k00ks out there want to build an enormously expensive energy system that is an environmental deisaster.:clap2:

Yup, you are so right. That is why the wind turbines are going in as fast as they can be built. In fact, most manufactures are backordered for a couple of years.

As far as your other comments, considering the source.............:eusa_whistle:

Government subsidies are not the way to go.

If the idiots in Washington really wanted to spur the green energy business, we would be seeing huge tax credits for any home owner or company that installed any type of conservation technology that utilized solar, wind, ground source heat pumps etc.

What should be done is a 100% tax credit to be taken over 5 years minimum and a 10 year maximum.

Doing this will allow people and businesses to recoup their investment quickly rather than waiting 20 years or more for the savings on energy to equal the cost of the system. It would also allow small businesses like mine to invest in medium scale solar and geothermal systems. The reason it's not being done now is that a small business just can't afford to shell out 40 grand for a solar array or 20 grand to retrofit a geothermal heating and cooling system. But if I knew I could recoup 100% of my costs via tax credits over 5 years, I would spend the money and so would millions of other people.

We would see a boom in private sector research and development in these technologies as well as a boom in start up companies specializing in installation and repair. Millions of jobs would be created without taxing the public. We would all be better off.

But a common sense idea like a free market solution to our energy woes will never happen because government doesn't really want it to.

Forum List

Back