The Daily Freakout: Solar Energy

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
TWO BILLION for solar energy!

Proof that Obama hates America: he wants to create jobs: COMMUNISM!

Proof that Obama hates America: he wants to focus on alternative energy and lessen our dependence on oil: THE OIL SPILL IS AN INSIDE JOB!

Lather, rinse, repeat.

may i suggest you mount your trusty steed , gallop from town to town yelling "the greenshirts are comming!" ........."the greenshirts are comming!"
Paul_Revere%27s_ride.jpg

~S~

Two billion?

Not nearly enough to make any real difference in the short run.

WOW, ain't that Obama just grand.

He can WAVE a magic wand and come up with 2 billion dollars to give away.

Not only that, I'm really curious exactly how many jobs will be produced.
Then compare that to all the jobs that he is personally responsible for throwing out the window.

This is part of his plan to make it illegal for us to use oil. Not only will jobs be lost, people are going to die.

Then compare that to all the jobs that he is personally responsible for throwing out the window.

This is part of his plan to make it illegal for us to use oil. Not only will jobs be lost, people are going to die.
If green jobs here go like they do in spain, they will COST us 2.2 jobs for every one they make, for a net loss of 120% post creation.

Energy subsidies to ALL forms of energy must be stopped, and let them stand on their own merits and flaws. Let the fittest form of energy survive. Sort of an economic/industrial bit of Darwinism.

If green jobs here go like they do in spain, they will COST us 2.2 jobs for every one they make, for a net loss of 120% post creation.

Energy subsidies to ALL forms of energy must be stopped, and let them stand on their own merits and flaws. Let the fittest form of energy survive. Sort of an economic/industrial bit of Darwinism.
Spain’s green jobs boondoggle <April 13, 2009

Solar energy is going to be a trillion dollar market and will create hundreds of thousands of jobs. The Chinese are poised to capture that market. We should not ignore it.

It isnt needed

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCWrvNcvNTE]YouTube - Inside Nanosolar - Thin-Film Solar Startup[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38uMoU9VB1o]YouTube - The Big Energy Gamble - Nanosolar[/ame]

If history is anything to judge by, this $2 billion will go to buy Chinese solar panels creating jobs in good ol' Communist China.

Proof that Obama hates America: he wants to focus on alternative energy and lessen our dependence on oil: THE OIL SPILL IS AN INSIDE JOB!

How do solar panels offset oil usage?

Who here that is for Solar is against space exploration? Solar is not nearly as friendly as it needs to be, but it solely owes its current State to Space Exploration.

Remind us again how dollars spent in Space are a waste.

By the way Ravi? Where will Obama put his solar farms? His democrats have over turned EVERY previous attempt to locate solar farms in any size ANYWHERE?

Lather, rinse, repeat.

A. How about giving us a link to something we can read?

B. So Obama is earmarking $2 billion in pretend money, because we're operating on a $1.5 trillion deficit, to hand out in the form of corporate welfare (which I thought you hated) so that it can be spent on R&D of a technology that is not practical for use nor will be anytime in the near future.

Just go to your hometown's site.

WASHINGTON&#8212;The government is handing out nearly $2 billion for new solar plants that President Barack Obama says will create thousands of jobs and increase the use of renewable energy sources.

Obama announced the initiative in his weekly radio and online address Saturday, saying the money is part of his plan to bring new industries to the U.S.

"We're going to keep competing aggressively to make sure the jobs and industries of the future are taking root right here in America," Obama said.

The two companies that will receive the money from the president's $862 billion economic stimulus are Abengoa Solar, which will build one of the world's largest solar plants in Arizona, creating 1,600 construction jobs; and Abound Solar Manufacturing, which is building plants in Colorado and Indiana. The Obama administration says those projects will create more than 2,000 construction jobs and 1,500 permanent jobs.

Obama's announcement came a day after the Labor Department reported that employers slashed payrolls last month for the first time in six months, driven by the expected end of 225,000 temporary census jobs. Meanwhile, private-sector hiring rose by 83,000 workers.

The unemployment rate dropped to 9.5 percent.

Obama awards $2B for solar power, hails new jobs - Boston.com

If history is anything to judge by, this $2 billion will go to buy Chinese solar panels creating jobs in good ol' Communist China.

I'm just wondering... how much oil is needed to create solar panels? From powering their manufacture to the actual plastics and carbon they use. Are we just transferring it's form of use to another arena?

I'm just wondering... how much oil is needed to create solar panels? From powering their manufacture to the actual plastics and carbon they use. Are we just transferring it's form of use to another arena?

If logic is of any consequence -and- Cap N' Tax is passed? That carbon used in the manufacturing process would be taxed, would it not?

So it would stand to reason it would incease the cost as those taxes would be passed on to wouldbe consumers.

:eusa_think:

How do solar panels offset oil usage? I'm just wondering... how much oil is needed to create solar panels? From powering their manufacture to the actual plastics and carbon they use. Are we just transferring it's form of use to another arena?

I read somewhere on Nanosolar that total power from creating a panel, installing it into the grid, decommission it at end of life & recycling it would be created by each panel within months. I do not know if that is true or any other facts.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Lofty admirable goals? Maybe? But it ain't gonna happen overnight darling so it is a really stupid thing to do to put oil and coal outta business.

Forum List

Back