The current economic recovery is a fraud

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America

Dec. 17, 2012: A protester carries a banner as he walks across the stage during the Charlotte Chamber's 11th Annual Economic Outlook Conference. (AP)

For those who would see recovery in current economic data, there are these facts to ponder.

The first is that most of the decline in the unemployment rate has been a result not of more people working, but of more people leaving the labor force.

In November, unemployment went down to 7.7 from 7.9 percent in October, the lowest unemployment rate since late 2008. But at the same time unemployment declined, so did labor force participation--which fell to 63.6 in November from 63.8 percent in October. Half a million Americans have left the labor market in recent months.

The decline in the unemployment rate has been a result not of more people working, but of more people leaving the labor force.

Long term economic growth--and even growth in the short run--depends on an expanding labor force. Since January 2009, the labor force participation rate has declined by almost two percentage points.

That's huge
The current economic recovery is a fraud | Fox News

Umm baby boomers are retireing and dying.

But yes the recovery is a fraud as we are not going to recover to more than another decade at the very best.
We can only hope to sort of hang in there.
And I do not care which party controls the govt it will make no difference.

Last edited:
Umm baby boomers are retireing and dying.

But yes the recovery is a fraud as we are not going to recover to more than another decade at the very best.
We can only hope to sort of hang in there.
And I do not care which party controls the govt it will make no difference.

Maybe it is just me but I feel better when it is my a-hole represenative putting it to me.

There is no recovery - it's subterfuge; when you add 6, trillion in new debt to the equation, and the profuse
money printing - it does not compute.

I must have missed something.

WHAT "economic recovery" are you referring to?

The one that Barack Obama won reelection on.:eusa_boohoo:
Every time that pathetic excuse for a commander, and chief gets on tv, their should be a giant fucking debt clock over his head - maybe that would reflect the contrast between the shit he talks, and reality!

he is a piece of work isn't he. Oliver stone has even come around to figuring this 2 bit phony out.

The recovery is doing so well if you rewind to 3 years ago all the talking points of how well things are going are the same. "The economy is recovering but very very slowly."

It's like FDR, if you spend a lot even if the entire country is suffering "at least you tried."

Dec. 17, 2012: A protester carries a banner as he walks across the stage during the Charlotte Chamber's 11th Annual Economic Outlook Conference. (AP)

For those who would see recovery in current economic data, there are these facts to ponder.

The first is that most of the decline in the unemployment rate has been a result not of more people working, but of more people leaving the labor force.

In November, unemployment went down to 7.7 from 7.9 percent in October, the lowest unemployment rate since late 2008. But at the same time unemployment declined, so did labor force participation--which fell to 63.6 in November from 63.8 percent in October. Half a million Americans have left the labor market in recent months.

The decline in the unemployment rate has been a result not of more people working, but of more people leaving the labor force.

Long term economic growth--and even growth in the short run--depends on an expanding labor force. Since January 2009, the labor force participation rate has declined by almost two percentage points.

That's huge
The current economic recovery is a fraud | Fox News
There is nothing unusual about margin workers leaving the labor market during a recovery. Some retire, some take part time jobs, and others just remain on some kind of government support. Once the labor market heats up, most of them join the ranks of the full time employed.

Agreed.

But you are missing something.

Capital doesn't want to pay the high cost of American labor. This is why the majority of the world's manufacturing takes places in freedom-hating, dictator run nations with labor forces that accept $4 a day.

Walmart gets over 50% of it's products made in China.

Guess where Nike gets its sneaks made?

Guess how much they pay?

America is being transformed into a place where the poor are so desperate and destitute that they will make sneaks for $4 a day and live in hovels. This will allow Nike to bring the jobs home.

The Reagan transformation is almost complete.

WTF, really? Everything since Reagen has been a fraud. Im glad to see you Conservatives finally showed up to the party.

Now, I wont sit here and say Reagan was a bad guy, he meant well but if you go back and take a look, America was the largest exporter of goods in the world. After Regean left office America was the largest importer of goods.

This was the turning point to where we are today, supply side economics my friends.

Last edited:
WTF, really? Everything since Reagen has been a fraud. Im glad to see you Conservatives finally showed up to the party.

Now, I wont sit here and say Reagan was a bad guy, he meant well but if you go back and take a look, America was the largest exporter of goods in the world well into Carters first term. After Reagen left office America was the largest importer of goods.

This was the turning point to where we are today, supply side economics my friends.

Forum List

Back