The Cure's new single

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
It's pretty good, but Robert Smith really needs to give it up with the eyeliner and lipstick. Dude's 45 years old, he's starting to look silly, like the "cool" Dad trying to identify with his goth teen son.

I agree Dan but I guess that is what he is known for ... He does look goofy.. I like it but it isn't like their old stuff..

It's called "Buy the Album, You Cheap Bastard".:p:

No, I'm not really sure what it is to be honest, I caught about 30 seconds of the video and never got the name. Maybe Sandy knows.

Originally posted by Dan
It's called "Buy the Album, You Cheap Bastard".:p:

No, I'm not really sure what it is to be honest, I caught about 30 seconds of the video and never got the name. Maybe Sandy knows.

The name of the new album is "The End Of The World ".

Anybody else completely annoyed by the CD? I've loved The Cure since...forever, but man, after a while, I can't take it anymore! I want to tell them to shut up! And it seems that Robert Smith is like, "What can I throw in here? How about a 'Yeowwwww' or an 'ah-ah-ah-ah-ah' --think 'Never Enough'--just to re-create their old success. Very disappointing. But I wonder if a new album means a new tour...?

So much angst....from what year?

Standing on the beach
With a gun in my hand
Staring at the sea
Staring at the sand
Staring down the barrel
At the arab on the ground
I can see his open mouth
But I hear no sound

I'm alive
I'm dead
I'm the stranger
Killing an arab

I can turn
And walk away
Or I can fire the gun
Staring at the sky
Staring at the sun
Whichever I choose
It amounts to the same
Absolutely nothing

I'm alive
I'm dead
I'm the stranger
Killing an arab

I feel the steel butt jump
Smooth in my hand
Staring at the sea
Staring at the sand
Staring at myself
Reflected in the eyes
Of the dead man on the beach
The dead man on the beach

I'm alive
I'm dead
I'm the stranger
Killing an arab

clumzgirl said:
Anybody else completely annoyed by the CD? I've loved The Cure since...forever, but man, after a while, I can't take it anymore! I want to tell them to shut up! And it seems that Robert Smith is like, "What can I throw in here? How about a 'Yeowwwww' or an 'ah-ah-ah-ah-ah' --think 'Never Enough'--just to re-create their old success. Very disappointing. But I wonder if a new album means a new tour...?

The more I hear the more I don't care for the new stuff.. I like the old Cure stuff ! They seemed to be burned out but don't wanna give up !

It's a simple fact that angst is an emotion very rooted in youth. Therefore a group whose song are just angsty as all get-up just aren't going to have it once they get into their 40's. And, really, Robert Smith is starting to look like a parody of himself.

That said, "Just Like Heaven" will always be one of my favorite songs of all time.

Dan, I have quite a few of their singles that are my all time favorite ! "Pictures of you" being one of the top ones followed by a close 2nd of " Why can't I be you" . God I loved their old days music !

And, really, Robert Smith is starting to look like a parody of himself.

I haven't seen a picture of him lately, and I haven't seen the video, but damn, he was the only gothic type I ever found really attractive...except for Brad Pitt in "Interview With the Vampire."

(How come there isn't a gothic smiley?!)

Forum List

Back