The Culture of Life: Awakening the Sleeping Giant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Schiavo: Awakening A Sleeping Giant
By David Limbaugh for World Net Daily
April 1, 2005

It is just possible, contrary to my original thoughts, that the tragic Schiavo case will not usher in a slippery slope toward euthanasia, but cause a double-barreled backlash against both the "Culture of Death" and judicial activism.

To be sure, the legal precedent established in this case, at least in Florida, represents an affirmative devaluation of human life and opens the door to further troubling scenarios, involving the state-sanctioned murder of the inconvenient, based on "quality of life" assessments.

But I sense in this nation a growing outrage at the arrogance and unaccountability of our judiciary, and at the cavalier attitude many are exhibiting toward life.

Former San Francisco Mayor Willie Brown said, referring to the Schiavo case, "I think there's a moral question, a legal question, but there's no political question in this matter at all, and it never should have been elevated to that."

You better think again, Mr. Brown. When the public has finally had its fill of this insanity, it may well, through its elected representatives, exercise its political options by launching a counterattack against the courts.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=43598

I have to agree here. There is alot of emotion thats been boiling about the activism on the court in the past and many have seen the Schiavo case as bringing this outrage at the judiciary to the surface. There are a few issues that are driving people under the political surface. Judicial activism and Illegal Immigration are two of those issues.

BTW just so everyone knows, if this just turns into another debate over whether Schaivo should have died or not I am not going to be participating. I have no problem discussing our judicial activist problem but the specific case seems rather pointless to discuss now. Whats done is done, no ones mind is going to be changed so i don't see any more point debating that specific issue.

I have to agree here. There is alot of emotion thats been boiling about the activism on the court in the past and many have seen the Schiavo case as bringing this outrage at the judiciary to the surface. There are a few issues that are driving people under the political surface. Judicial activism and Illegal Immigration are two of those issues.

BTW just so everyone knows, if this just turns into another debate over whether Schaivo should have died or not I am not going to be participating. I have no problem discussing our judicial activist problem but the specific case seems rather pointless to discuss now. Whats done is done, no ones mind is going to be changed so i don't see any more point debating that specific issue.

I second that! :beer: This discussion should be Shaivo-case free. I too have been disgusted by the activist courts for years.

maybe its just me, but I do not see this having the effect that D Limbaugh is hoping to see. Both sides and all of the branches will pay a price through the people.

How can this case awaken a sleeping giant when there was no judicial activism and no overturn of the will of the people? This is wishful thinking.

Want to see judicial activism? Go study the queer marriage issue.

OCA said:
How can this case awaken a sleeping giant when there was no judicial activism and no overturn of the will of the people? This is wishful thinking.

Want to see judicial activism? Go study the queer marriage issue.

I think people are complaining more about the fact that the juducial system did not do all that it should have done. Closed thier eyes and plugged thier ears..

dilloduck said:
I think people are complaining more about the fact that the juducial system did not do all that it should have done. Closed thier eyes and plugged thier ears..

Yes they did do it all. Plain and simple....the right to life zealots are pissed that they lost fair and square.....mo more no less. Its almost like they are throwing a temper tantrum.

OCA said:
Yes it did do it all. Plain and simple....the right to life zealots are pissed that they lost fair and square.....mo more no less. Its almost like they are throwing a temper tantrum.

I think more than just the right to life zealots are complaining that there was a lot of evidence the court simply refused to look at to flex their muscle.

dilloduck said:
I think more than just the right to life zealots are complaining that there was a lot of evidence the court simply refused to look at to flex their muscle.
it was all looked at. the right to lifers are upset that their supposed evidence was discredited.

SmarterThanYou said:
it was all looked at. the right to lifers are upset that their supposed evidence was discredited.

I'll just let the right to lifers speak for themselves on this one

dilloduck said:

What evidence? 15 years Dillo, 15 years of courts.....do you seriously think something was missed? And no the courts did not refuse any evidence because there was none to be missed.

SmarterThanYou said:

For chrissakes 15 fucking years of court actions! They still are pissed! What more do these people want?

We've got people on here advocating legislative fascism, basically advocating and using the same tactics that they complain about Demos using, its sad I tell ya, very sad.

OCA said:
For chrissakes 15 fucking years of court actions! They still are pissed! What more do these people want?

We've got people on here advocating legislative fascism, basically advocating and using the same tactics that they complain about Demos using, its sad I tell ya, very sad.

Really?---after Terri died I really haven't heard a peep outta them. The impact of the Popes' death seems to have attracted all the media attention.

dilloduck said:
Really?---after Terri died I really haven't heard a peep outta them. The impact of the Popes' death seems to have attracted all the media attention.
welcome to most of america. Moving from one current event to the other.

I was hoping this was going to be on judicial activism, other than the Shiavo case, which was to my way of thinking, federal overstepping. But I can see it has gone the Shiavo route.

Have fun.

guys since this has turned into another terri thread and we have enough of those im locking this one up. a pity though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back