The Crusades

Who performed the Crusades?

• I am not sure.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Were the Crusades performed through Catholicism or through Protestantism?
Protestantism didn't come along for a few hundred more years. It was the Catholic -- the only -- Church.

Do Protestants have a history of violence as well?
Everyone has a "history of violence." What in particular are you getting at?
There was the English Civil War--Oliver Cromwell. Beheaded the King and all that. Cromwell was Protestant.

Everyone was killing each other over religion, each believing their version of Christianity was worth fighting for, and killing for.

When Europeans stopped feeling that way about Christianity, they stopped killing each other.

The bad side effect is that many people in Europe soured on Christianity, and that feeling still lingers today.

I think the reason Christianity is stronger in the United States is because we don't share in that bad history. We started with the notion that faith was a private thing, not something for the state to meddle in.

Protestantism didn't come along for a few hundred more years. It was the Catholic -- the only -- Church.
You don't count Eastern Orthodox? The Crusaders may have been Catholic, but they came about because the Byzantine emperor, Alexios I, asked for aid against the Turks that had overrun Anatolia.

they even attacked their own kind for ----------------------$$$$$$
Siege of Zara - Wikipedia
Dhimmi Sissyboys Have Given the Crusades a Bad Name

Though the Crusaders were mixed up, as all Europeans were before practical science created widespread prosperity, their sacrifice delayed Islamic tyranny for 200 years. The last day of that jihad was September Eleventh, 1683, and it only got halfway to a conquest that would have destroyed all hope for mankind.

The great Catholic Pope Urban II proclaimed the Crusades as a counteroffensive against Islamonazism which then (and now) threatened the world.

Protestantism had not yet been organized yet, but I think its safe to say that they are against Jihadi aggression as well- or at least were back in the day.

You don't count Eastern Orthodox? The Crusaders may have been Catholic, but they came about because the Byzantine emperor, Alexios I, asked for aid against the Turks that had overrun Anatolia.
I don't know much about the Eastern Orthodox side of things, but I sure didn't know they were Protestants.

I don't know much about the Eastern Orthodox side of things, but I sure didn't know they were Protestants.
Didn't say they were.

M going to ask you again why you keep commenting on things you “don’t know much about”.

You guys are Ridiculous. The Teutonic Knights sided with Lutheranism and became Prussia. The Knights Hospitaller what was left in Malta were divided in Protestantism. The Templars who were executed in France became the "Red Crosse Knight" of England and "The Faerie Queene" poems. What would a Crusading order really care in the face of fanatical military discipline? Oh, Pope, No Pope, I don't know, 5 million Muslims here.

Was it the Republic of Venice Crusade? because sure, the Catholics in Catholic spirit, marched for Money with the merchants of Venice , oh we won't sack Constantinople. Yes, tahey did sack Constantinople. They took Sparta, and Crete, and Cyprus you see here, and the rest was a new Latin Empire to , Recover somehow and learn latin, and theres Byzantine Plunder all over Venice today. So if that looks like a Crusade even then some dirty Europeans finally took apart the Roman baths of the Byzantines. That's a catholic crusade.

Forum List

Back