The Crow: London Crime (Christian Mission)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Does urban crime and policework-vigilance optimism inspire methodology-folklore for the modern era of political shrewdness, managerial labors, and general social finances?

This policework PR 'fairy-tale' was inspired by Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows and The Crow.

Cheers,

====

The city streets of London were both quiet and eerie. There was the sound of rain, buses, bicycles, people walking their dogs, and Scotland Yard policeman clicking their canes on the sidewalks. The traffic was more or less within limits, and it was palpable. What made London eerie, however, was a new stalker.

crow7.jpg

The stalker's name was Rabbit, since he always wore a rabbit-mask. He had a 'girlfriend-liaison' whose name no one knew. Rabbit would send pictures of himself in his signature mask and standing beside his girlfriend-liaison who was turned just enough to make her face indistinguishable. Rabbit sent these photos to the newspapers every time he committed one of his characteristic crimes --- slitting the throat of a London prostitute.

crow8.jpg

There were multiple female policemen working for Scotland Yard at the time, and ironically enough, the Prime-Minister organized a special unit of female-only cops and named it the Women's Brigade [WB]. The serving chief of Scotland Yard at the time, Thomas Beckett, ordered the WB to investigate and track the Rabbit. After one year of investigating, Rabbit remained elusive, and Beckett was receiving criticism from Londoners who were otherwise 'politically-excited' about the WB. Beckett wondered who he could ask for help.

crow6.jpg

A strange man walked into Beckett's office one day and introduced himself as 'The Crow.' He was a slender man of sturdy physique and he had a pet-crow with him which perched on his shoulder. The man wore a leather outfit and had a painted-face (like a vaudevillian clown or something). 'The Crow' told Beckett he could apprehend the Rabbit for Scotland Yard. Beckett was at first surprised and wanted to know why this eccentric obvious 'vigilante' wanted to do this 'freelance' policework, and the Crow explained he could do things normal policemen could not and only wanted minimal pay for the work. Beckett agreed to hire the Crow as a secret-liaison 'bounty-hunter' and the Crow went hunting for the evil Rabbit who had now killed over 20 prostitutes.

crow2.jpg

The Crow was a big fan of Batman comic books. Batman (DC Comics) was a masked urban vigilante who tackled the criminally-insane in a fictional place called Gotham. Batman's nemeses included Scarecrow, a masked fear-toxin wielding maniac, Poison Ivy, an eco-terrorist, and Harley Quinn, a clownish mayhem-artist. The Crow modeled himself after the Batman and wanted to use the urban sensibilities and 'crime-fighting tricks' Batman often employed to hunt down the sinister Rabbit (before his killing spree went out of hand).

crow5.jpg

The Crow pranced around the city streets of London pretending to be a street-performing musician, playing his ukulele, harmonica, or tambourine (with his pet-crow perched on his shoulder or hand). The Crow would ask passing pedestrians for donation-money while playing his entertaining and lyrical music. The plan was to keep playing until the man who was the Rabbit walked by and noticed him (and wondered why a clown-faced musician seemed so eccentric and pensive). The Crow was, after all, a man who resembled a 'harlequin.' He would then walk alone in London streets one night to see if he could draw the attention of the Rabbit. That's just what happened.

crow3.jpg

CROW: You see? I succeeded...
BECKETT: How the hell did you catch the Rabbit?
CROW: I knew the eccentric mind of the Rabbit would be drawn to my music!
BECKETT: So you 'lured' him with your 'odd manners/costume.'
CROW: Precisely; Rabbit was intrigued by me and my make-up and street-music.
BECKETT: So Rabbit stopped stalking prostitutes and started following you...
CROW: He followed me into an alley one night and I turned around and...
BECKETT: ...and you shot a tranquilizer-dart into his neck!
CROW: Right; then I tied him up and brought him to you, Beckett.
BECKETT: Well, I have to admit; Scotland Yard is truly grateful.
CROW: You've paid me for my service, so I'll retire now.
BECKETT: So your 'mission' was to simply apprehend the evil Rabbit?
CROW: Yes; it was my Christian mission, Beckett; I despise the murder of the weak.
BECKETT: You have a 'soft-spot' for prostitutes, do you, 'Mr. Crow'?
CROW: Killers who terrorize the financially-weak are obviously evil.
BECKETT: Are you some kind of romantic then? What's your real name?
CROW: My real name's Brandon, but that's not important.
BECKETT: Does your pet-crow have a name.
CROW: No.
BECKETT: Alright, 'Crow,' thanks for everything; the Women's Brigade is happy.
CROW: Yes, I imagine people will criticize Scotland Yard less...
BECKETT: We'll certainly have a better time filing our press-papers for funds.
CROW: Even cops need political support!
BECKETT: I'll tell our ministers/governors we were uplifted by 'the Crow.'
CROW: Good press always helps Scotland Yard and urban police.
BECKETT: Here's to positive fundraising!

====

:bigbed:

Forum List

Back