The Critics of Proactive Policing Are Wrong.

Public order creates a virtuous circle that enables neighborhoods to flourish.

In the last week of 2017, it was announced that homicides in New York City were at a 60-year-low and that gun murders of officers nationally had dropped 33 percent, after rising 53 percent in 2016. Inveterate cop critics seized on the information to argue that there was no such thing as a war on cops, and that proactive policing was irrelevant to crime control, since pedestrian stops had dropped in New York City along with homicides. I responded in National Review Online that gentrification was likely now contributing to New York’s crime decline.
Nationally, however, the rising civilian violence in 2015 and 2016 resulted from the prolonged rhetorical onslaught against the police since the 2014 fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. But now it is considered bigoted even to mention racial crime and victimization rates, or to suggest that demographic and economic change can affect a neighborhood’s crime picture.

Let's look at the facts........
The Critics of Proactive Policing Are Wrong
You are ignorant.

Not ignorant in the fact that you are stupid but ignorant in the fact that you only know what you are surrounded by and what you watch on TV and have accrued from your parents or friends.

How many cops have been killed by an unarmed citizen? ZERO.
How many times a year does a police officer get beaten to death? ZERO.
How many officers in the field are killed each year by violence ? 0.5 per state (Approx)

There are over 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers and less than one officer per state meets a violent demise, only 100 officers are killed in the line of duty each year (and most of them are by vehicle accidents)

So tell me where is this war on cops ?

What is an "unarmed citizen?" A citizen without arms either due to amputation or birth defect?

In the last week of 2017, it was announced that homicides in New York City were at a 60-year-low and that gun murders of officers nationally had dropped 33 percent, after rising 53 percent in 2016. Inveterate cop critics seized on the information to argue that there was no such thing as a war on cops, and that proactive policing was irrelevant to crime control, since pedestrian stops had dropped in New York City along with homicides. I responded in National Review Online that gentrification was likely now contributing to New York’s crime decline.
Nationally, however, the rising civilian violence in 2015 and 2016 resulted from the prolonged rhetorical onslaught against the police since the 2014 fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri. But now it is considered bigoted even to mention racial crime and victimization rates, or to suggest that demographic and economic change can affect a neighborhood’s crime picture.

You are ignorant.

Not ignorant in the fact that you are stupid but ignorant in the fact that you only know what you are surrounded by and what you watch on TV and have accrued from your parents or friends.

How many officers in the field are killed each year by violence ? 0.5 per state (Approx)

There are over 900,000 sworn law enforcement officers and less than one officer per state meets a violent demise, only 100 officers are killed in the line of duty each year (and most of them are by vehicle accidents)

What is an "unarmed citizen?" A citizen without arms either due to amputation or birth defect?
And are baby arms still considered unarmed?

Without a gun
That's funny, since 2017 shows 6 killed in 2017 by "vehicular assault" and 1 by "stabbed." So where did you get your idea that "How many cops have been killed by an unarmed citizen? ZERO.?"

This one was beaten with her own fire extinguisher:
Inmate used fire extinguisher in deadly assault of NC corrections officer, officials say

Goes to show that even an "unarmed" suspect is only unarmed until he gets your weapon, at which point you no longer have that weapon. So you're saying the cop should only shoot the suspect AFTER he gets control of the cop's gun? Like this for example:
Detective Sean Matthew Suiter
A struggle ensued in which the subject was able to gain control of Detective Suiter's service weapon. The man then used the service weapon to shoot him in the head.

Last edited:
That's funny, since 2017 shows 6 killed in 2017 by "vehicular assault" and 1 by "stabbed." So where did you get your idea that "How many cops have been killed by an unarmed citizen? ZERO.?"
If a person has knife that means he's armed dummy. So again show me cops who have been killed by an unarmed citzien ?
Once again armed
Goes to show that even an "unarmed" suspect is only unarmed until he gets your weapon, at which point you no longer have that weapon. So you're saying the cop should only shoot the suspect AFTER he gets control of the cop's gun? Like this for example:
A struggle ensued in which the subject was able to gain control of Detective Suiter's service weapon. The man then used the service weapon to shoot him in the head.
Once again I said armed. You're examples undercut your argument. I said unarmed. The first had a knife, the second had a fire extinguisher and third one got control of the gun.

If a person has knife that means he's armed dummy. So again show me cops who have been killed by an unarmed citzien ?
Once again armed
Once again I said armed. You're examples undercut your argument. I said unarmed. The first had a knife, the second had a fire extinguisher and third one got control of the gun.

bgrouse can't help himself. He's dumb. Everybody knew what you meant by unarmed.

You said "unarmed" means "Without a gun" so I showed you, you dumb, knuckle-dragging ape. A knife isn't a gun.
Once again armed

So what will you say about this one? Patrolman George S. Nissen

As Patrolman Nissen approached one of the subjects in the fight he was attacked and thrown to the ground, striking his head on the pavement.

Are you going to say the suspect was armed with pavement?

And this one?
Patrolman Jonathan Keith Molina
one of the juveniles punched him, knocking him to the ground. The teen continued to to beat him even after knocking him unconscious.
Armed with fists, obviously!

Once again armed

bgrouse can't help himself. He's dumb. Everybody knew what you meant by unarmed.

He said "Without a gun," stupid. A knife isn't a gun. And neither is a fire extinguisher.

I don't know why I bother with you idiots. Even boxers have been beaten to death in the ring, and that's with a referee and/or doctor nearby, looking for life-threatening injuries, and blow-softening gloves. Not to mention a floor that's safer than pavement and rules against hitting downed/unconscious opponents, etc... That's why cops shoot your "unarmed," turd-colored brethren. That's partly why so few die violently.

Of course, there are also more that have been injured. They shoot to try to prevent that, too.

It's simple, really: people often get shot because of what they do, not always because of what they carry. The "he was unarmed" bullshit is more negro crap designed to absolve themselves of personal responsibility, as in, he's "unarmed" so it doesn't matter that he's aggressive.

Last edited:

You are ignorant.

Take it up with the author of the piece.

I put it up as a topic for discussion. Away from the abuse of the taunting zones.

Last year cops killed 1,169 citizens. Just over 100 cops died.
Cops will always be more likely to win a fight than lose a fight for one simple reason: the average cop is smarter than the average violent criminal.

In other news, death row inmates are more likely to die at the hands of their executioners than they are to kill their executioners.
A majority of police were killed by accidents they had on the job and not by getting killed by criminals in the line of duty. Many of the cop killings were the result of a cop assuming a person had a gun or a person had a gun but did not pull it on the cop or it was concealed and the cop found the gun after shooting. They have killed 17 already this month. Over the last 5 years they have killed 5,470 people. We don't need proactive policing.

Killed By Police - 2018

In the last 5 years 685 police have died while working and many of the deaths are not due to criminals, but car wrecks and heart attacks. More people were killed by police in one year than police have died in the last 5 years. In fact in one year the number of people killed by police is almost double that of police who have died while at work. in the last 5 years.

The Officer Down Memorial Page (ODMP)

.When you compare statistics, there is no war on police. We need to stop letting police tell us this so they get to justify murder in many cases.

Proactive policing is a mistake and it's wrong.
No sure how many of these are "murder." First black guy I saw:

North Little Rock police fatally shot a teenage boy after he fired at officers during a traffic stop early Sunday, the department reported.

From the top, the first guy I see was crashing into other cars and kept going (crashing a car can kill people), the second ran, then turned and brandished a gun, the third reached for a gun when told to put his hands up. I challenge you to prove that most of these killings are merely the result of "a cop assuming a person had a gun" or other such nonsense. I saw initial crimes followed by shootouts and/or resisting arrest.

Back in the 1940s and 50s the cops in New York City walked "beats" in winter and summer, in rain or shine. They were armed with .38 revolvers and "nightsticks" (both day and night). They had no portable radios.

A "beat" consisted of several city blocks and the cops who walked those beats were permanently assigned to them and over time became familiar with the people and the businesses there. They knew "who was who and what was what" in their assigned patrol areas and the result of that personal familiarity was a productive relationship in terms of effective law-enforcement and mutual respect. It was a fundamentally human relationship compared with what we have today.

Today our police and the public they supposedly serve are alienated. The cops are are total strangers armed with exotic weaponry who ride around in computer-equipped radio cars and who function and behave like robots.

Back in the 1940s and 50s the cops in New York City walked "beats" in winter and summer, in rain or shine. They were armed with .38 revolvers and "nightsticks" (both day and night). They had no portable radios.

A "beat" consisted of several city blocks and the cops who walked those beats were permanently assigned to them and over time became familiar with the people and the businesses there. They knew "who was who and what was what" in their assigned patrol areas and the result of that personal familiarity was a productive relationship in terms of effective law-enforcement and mutual respect. It was a fundamentally human relationship compared with what we have today.

Today our police and the public they supposedly serve are alienated. The cops are are total strangers armed with exotic weaponry who ride around in computer-equipped radio cars and who function and behave like robots.

This is true but it's just part of the story. Police brutality in black communities is as old as policing itself. This includes the beat cops.

Still I agree that we need to create and build a community policing system whereby police work every day in the same community on the streets and mingling with the people.

You are ignorant.

I put it up as a topic for discussion. Away from the abuse of the taunting zones.

Cops will always be more likely to win a fight than lose a fight for one simple reason: the average cop is smarter than the average violent criminal.

In other news, death row inmates are more likely to die at the hands of their executioners than they are to kill their executioners.
A majority of police were killed by accidents they had on the job and not by getting killed by criminals in the line of duty. Many of the cop killings were the result of a cop assuming a person had a gun or a person had a gun but did not pull it on the cop or it was concealed and the cop found the gun after shooting. They have killed 17 already this month. Over the last 5 years they have killed 5,470 people. We don't need proactive policing.

Killed By Police - 2018

In the last 5 years 685 police have died while working and many of the deaths are not due to criminals, but car wrecks and heart attacks. More people were killed by police in one year than police have died in the last 5 years. In fact in one year the number of people killed by police is almost double that of police who have died while at work. in the last 5 years.

.When you compare statistics, there is no war on police. We need to stop letting police tell us this so they get to justify murder in many cases.

North Little Rock police fatally shot a teenage boy after he fired at officers during a traffic stop early Sunday, the department reported.

From the top, the first guy I see was crashing into other cars and kept going (crashing a car can kill people), the second ran, then turned and brandished a gun, the third reached for a gun when told to put his hands up. I challenge you to prove that most of these killings are merely the result of "a cop assuming a person had a gun" or other such nonsense. I saw initial crimes followed by shootouts and/or resisting arrest.

The numbers of the killed is 33 now. The numbers of those killed by police have almost doubled in the last 4 days. And in most cases of the over 5,000 killings done by police over the past 5 years the kiliings did not happen because of the circumstances you posted.

You said "unarmed" means "Without a gun" so I showed you, you dumb, knuckle-dragging ape. A knife isn't a gun.
You're not just flogging a dead horse, you're whipping the skeleton.
You? A dead skeleton? Don't you think you're giving your intellectual abilities too much credit?
A knife means you're armed. You fool.
You're the fool since you're the one who said otherwise:

Without a gun

You said nothing about a knife.

You are ignorant.

Killed By Police - 2018

The numbers of the killed is 33 now. The numbers of those killed by police have almost doubled in the last 4 days. And in most cases of the over 5,000 killings done by police over the past 5 years the kiliings did not happen because of the circumstances you posted.
So what were the circumstances in "most" of the "over 5,000 killings done by police over the past 5 years" and how did you determine that? Did you look at the entire population or did you pick a sample when you came up with your "most" figure?

Forum List

Back