The crackpots and cultists of catastrophic climate change

How does a temperature increase cause an increase in carbon dioxide concentration?

Is that a real question or are you just trying to pull someone's chain?

An increase in temperature causes an increase in the atmospheric CO2 concentration because warm water holds less CO2 than cold water...Try an easy experiment to demonstrate...open two cans of soda...place one in your refrigerator and leave the other on the counter till tomorrow...now have a taste of each..the one in the refrigerator will still be a bit fizzy the one on the counter will be as flat as a flounder...and why you might ask....because warm water can't hold as much CO2 as cold water.

As the oceans warm, they out gas a great deal of CO2..
If fossil fuel industry funded James Mountain Inhofe can locate enough snow over the course of a winter to fashion himself a snowball, climate change is a hoax.

And what precisely does that have to do with the amount of CO2 out gassed by the oceans?

An increase in temperature causes an increase in the atmospheric CO2 concentration because warm water holds less CO2 than cold water

That's only true for saturation ... 1,000 ppm(m) at 40ºC ... as long as our water is below saturation, carbon dioxide will seek equilibrium ... pray tell, what does carbon dioxide taste like? ...

You then have degradation of plant materials that rapidly increase CO2 in the atmosphere

This degradation (i.e. oxidation) occurs faster than decomposition? ... do you have a citation? ... dead trees in the forest are usually eaten by a rather wide variety of microorganisms, reduced carbon is a valuable resource in most ecosystems ... this notion of trees evaporating is a little far fetched ...

I'm not saying you two are wrong ... far from it ... that was an honest question ... I do think the other side relies too much on Fairy Godmother dust ... horses turning into mice would be catastrophic we do have to admit ...
You dont know much about termites do you.....

He doesn't seem to know much about anything...he has a problem with conduction and convection being the primary mode of energy movement through the troposphere but is fine with the idea of 0.05% of the atmosphere doing the job when only a very small fraction of that percentage ever actually emits any radiation at all due to the frequency of molecular collisions in the troposphere...add to that the fact that he believes that energy from the atmosphere is actually capable of warming the surface...

An increase in temperature causes an increase in the atmospheric CO2 concentration because warm water holds less CO2 than cold water

That's only true for saturation ... 1,000 ppm(m) at 40ºC ... as long as our water is below saturation, carbon dioxide will seek equilibrium ... pray tell, what does carbon dioxide taste like? ...
The level for saturation is dependent on temperature...which is why as the oceans warm, they outgas CO2...

. dead trees in the forest are usually eaten by a rather wide variety of microorganisms, reduced carbon is a valuable resource in most ecosystems ... this notion of trees evaporating is a little far fetched ...

Warmer temperatures result in faster rates of decomposition due to all processes than cooler temperatures...

Decomposition

The level for saturation is dependent on temperature...which is why as the oceans warm, they outgas CO2...

. dead trees in the forest are usually eaten by a rather wide variety of microorganisms, reduced carbon is a valuable resource in most ecosystems ... this notion of trees evaporating is a little far fetched ...

Warmer temperatures result in faster rates of decomposition due to all processes than cooler temperatures...

Decomposition

The hypocrisy, the insanity, the virtue-signaling, the lies, the fools, the hate, the viciousness. . . .

Oh, you mean those scientists that Exxon hired in 1982 to give them an idea of what increasing the GHGs in the atmosphere at the rate present then would do to the climate? The scientists that wrote at that time, the results would be catastrophic.

He doesn't seem to know much about anything...he has a problem with conduction and convection being the primary mode of energy movement through the troposphere but is fine with the idea of 0.05% of the atmosphere doing the job when only a very small fraction of that percentage ever actually emits any radiation at all due to the frequency of molecular collisions in the troposphere...

That debunked kookery aqain?

We get it. You're completely ingnorant of all aspects of atmospheric physics. No need to hammer on that point.

Oh wait ... it just struck me. Maybe the whole world really is wrong. Mayne a pissy old drunk raving on the internet is the only one who knows the RealTruth.

add to that the fact that he believes that energy from the atmosphere is actually capable of warming the surface...

HAHHAHAHHAHA. Magic intelligent photons. Never mind. The world is right, and the bitter loser here is wrong.

All the ocean have turned into fuming carbonic acid ... that's actually some pretty good crackpotism ... how would we tell otherwise? ...

I don't think it's possible to get carbonic acid to fume. "Fuming" means the acid is giving off visible vapors. CO2 isn't visible, and it wouldn't attract water vapor, so any outgassing of CO2 wouldn't be visible.

The hypocrisy, the insanity, the virtue-signaling, the lies, the fools, the hate, the viciousness. . . .

Oh, you mean those scientists that Exxon hired in 1982 to give them an idea of what increasing the GHGs in the atmosphere at the rate present then would do to the climate? The scientists that wrote at that time, the results would be catastrophic.

So where is the catastrophe? Are you finally admitting that all the climate catastrophe predictions were nothing more than misguided bullshit?

Thank you..

And what precisely does that have to do with the amount of CO2 out gassed by the oceans?

Only the most deranged cult crackpots claim the oceans are outgassing CO2 now, being how the oceans are absorbing CO2.

Not the oceans...particular areas of the oceans...overall the oceans are a net source of CO2...not surprising that you believe otherwise...you believe all sorts of alarmist fantasy...

That debunked kookery aqain?

We get it. You're completely ingnorant of all aspects of atmospheric physics. No need to hammer on that point.

Poor hairball...

Let me know when you can produce a single piece of observed, measured data which establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere...

Oh wait ... it just struck me. Maybe the whole world really is wrong. Mayne a pissy old drunk raving on the internet is the only one who knows the RealTruth.

Wouldn't be the first time I was right when the scientific consensus was wrong...happens quite often to people who actually look at the science rather than take the word of the consensus...

Only the most deranged cult crackpots claim the oceans are outgassing CO2 now, being how the oceans are absorbing CO2.

All the ocean have turned into fuming carbonic acid ... that's actually some pretty good crackpotism ... how would we tell otherwise? ...

Says the guy who didn't know why increases atmospheric CO2 follow increases in temperature...

Let me know when you can produce a single piece of observed, measured data which establishes a coherent link between the absorption of IR by a gas and warming in the atmosphere...
You have said that many times, but there is a real problem with that. A GHG is continually absorbing energy near the earth. It is a fast process. Where does that accumulating energy all go if it doesn't go to heat?

I don't think it's possible to get carbonic acid to fume. "Fuming" means the acid is giving off visible vapors. CO2 isn't visible, and it wouldn't attract water vapor, so any outgassing of CO2 wouldn't be visible.

I guess so ... my point was when you open a can of soda pop and release the pressure, the supersaturated carbon dioxide starts bubbling out, allowing more carbonic acid to decompose and bubble out ... until the soda pop has the same concentration of carbon dioxide as the air ... which is fairly well below the saturation level ... just heating the ocean surface gets the carbon dioxide closer to saturation, but it won't start out-gassing until the ocean reaches saturation ...

Forum List

Back