The "cracker counties"?!?!?!

It's rare that I see someone so proudly demonstrate their complete inability to comprehend the point.

I could never top you.

It's not whether I am personally offended or Floridians are offended.

Way to change your position.

We live in an ultra-politically correct society and that state of society has been created by liberals. It goes right back to Anita Hill and the left's attempt to crucify Clarence Thomas. The result of that effort is a society wherein someone can be subjected to disciplinary action or lose their job simply because someone who is completely unrelated to a situation merely overhears a comment that they decide they are offended by. This is Anita Hill and the liberal's legacy and it's not just with sexual harassment but with racism, gender roles, you name it.

In other words, you're now aping their stupidity.

You win the internets.

Well that's because we are obnoxious,rude and do know it all. From where I stand it's a good thing for the North to colonize the South and change some things. There are good things about the South. Nobody knows how to relax and have a good time like a Southerner, you make some damn good whiskey and BBQ. The not so great parts is some of ya'll don't seem to understand the War of Northern Agression was your fault. You guys need to own up? You fired the first shot, you seceded the Union in a temper tantrum after the man you wanted lost the election and you refused to get off your lazy asses and work your own fields to end slavery. You have complained about the carpet baggers but what they did to the South was only a fraction of what the South did to the black man. Nobody deserves to be a slave. 150 years later your still whining about it like you did nothing wrong. Karma is a bitch and you got slapped. Grow up,own up and get on with it dude.

Clean up your own damn house before you have the arrogance to talk about my house. Some of the most racist cities in the U.S. are in the northeast. I've worked with many of them professionally in the capacity of dealing with violent crime issues, and Boston/Philly/Pittsburgh/Hartford and most of New Jersey are some of the most racist places in the U.S.

Last edited:
On the top of the screen is an option called 'Password Cracker'.

Are only white people given the secret code?

The essence of my point is not necessarily whether "cracker" is offensive or not. It is demonstrating the hypocrisy of the liberal position.

All you've successfully demonstrated to date is your own stupidity and hypocrisy.

That;s the best you can come up with? Your roughly 9,000 posts to roughly 500 reps is starting to make a SHITLOAD of sense.

Racial slur or not, it's still a derogatory reference to white Southerners, and offensive to most native-born Southerners (those of you transplants who THINK you're "southerners", think again; those of us whose families were here long before the Late Unpleasantness KNOW better). If your ancestors were not Confederates, then no, you are most certainly NOT "one of us" (especially if you still have a Yankee accent, in which case you are officially a "carpetbagger"). You are disliked here, because among other things, you think it's OK to refer to us as "peckerwoods" crackers", "rednecks", and the like. Yes, we make jokes about that, for precisely the reason Black people use the N-word: to take the sting out of it. If PC is "only good manners" as some of you suggest, then kindly be aware that educated white Southerners ARE offended by being referred to in that manner.
Fuck the South. It's assholes like you that think "cracker" is derogatory yet a lot of your "bubba's" use the word ****** on a regular basis. I lived in the South for over 1 1/2 years and I HATED it!! Bugs, humidity and the most inbred dumb fucks I've ever seen in one location.:lol::lol:

The majority of the white people that bitched about the blacks were dumber than the blacks they HATED!!!

On top of that you "southerners" want to fly a flag of LOSERS!! Isn't that the same as some idiot that flies the swastika? Hello????:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Thank you for illustrating my point; it is attitudes like yours that we Southerners resent. You come down here, with a bunch of preconceived opinions and stereotypes in your head, a smug, sanctimonious air about you, a penchant for ordering others about, and a burning desire to re-make the South in the supposed perfection of your own image. Then you don't understand why we don't like you? Do that in any other culture, and I'm willing to bet they won't like you either. You went looking for the worst the South has to offer, and you found it; hell, I could do the same thing where you live. Unfortunately, entirely too many people from up north who have migrated down here since WW II have brought that same set of attitudes with them. It may come as a shock to you that some people from up there come here to get away from the rat race in those antheaps of yours, and actually want to enjoy the slower pace, the calmer culture, and all the good things the South has to offer; frankly people like you make it harder for them to be accepted here; you ain't exactly the best of ambassadors for wherever it is you come from; in fact, you seem to fit the stereotype of the obnoxious, know-it-all, willfully ignorant, rude Yankee quite well.
I apologize for the obvious hostility in my post. I am far from being a Yankee since I come from the State of Washington. My negativity comes from the situation where blacks don't like you because you're white and the whites don't like you because they think you're a "Yankee". It seemed like a very screwed up part of the country. The humidity sucks and the bugs are 4 times the size of the ones we have in the Pacific Northwest. While the food was good I did not enjoy anything else about being in Louisiana and Mississippi. IMHO

Fuck the South. It's assholes like you that think "cracker" is derogatory yet a lot of your "bubba's" use the word ****** on a regular basis. I lived in the South for over 1 1/2 years and I HATED it!! Bugs, humidity and the most inbred dumb fucks I've ever seen in one location.:lol::lol:

The majority of the white people that bitched about the blacks were dumber than the blacks they HATED!!!

On top of that you "southerners" want to fly a flag of LOSERS!! Isn't that the same as some idiot that flies the swastika? Hello????:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Thank you for illustrating my point; it is attitudes like yours that we Southerners resent. You come down here, with a bunch of preconceived opinions and stereotypes in your head, a smug, sanctimonious air about you, a penchant for ordering others about, and a burning desire to re-make the South in the supposed perfection of your own image. Then you don't understand why we don't like you? Do that in any other culture, and I'm willing to bet they won't like you either. You went looking for the worst the South has to offer, and you found it; hell, I could do the same thing where you live. Unfortunately, entirely too many people from up north who have migrated down here since WW II have brought that same set of attitudes with them. It may come as a shock to you that some people from up there come here to get away from the rat race in those antheaps of yours, and actually want to enjoy the slower pace, the calmer culture, and all the good things the South has to offer; frankly people like you make it harder for them to be accepted here; you ain't exactly the best of ambassadors for wherever it is you come from; in fact, you seem to fit the stereotype of the obnoxious, know-it-all, willfully ignorant, rude Yankee quite well.
I apologize for the obvious hostility in my post. I am far from being a Yankee since I come from the State of Washington. My negativity comes from the situation where blacks don't like you because you're white and the whites don't like you because they think you're a "Yankee". It seemed like a very screwed up part of the country. The humidity sucks and the bugs are 4 times the size of the ones we have in the Pacific Northwest. While the food was good I did not enjoy anything else about being in Louisiana and Mississippi. IMHO

Whats fucked up is when people have preconcieved notions of who and what you are based on something that happened 150 years ago. I'm a Yankee. I love my state and my region. My family has lived here for almost 400 years and helped build this country. And yet I get put down for being a Yankee? WTF What did I do? If my parents had moved from the North East to South Carolina when I was a child, I'd would suddenly be OK? There is no difference in who I am or who my family is. We are not Idiots based on where we live. Same thing with blacks, I'm white and therefore the automatic enemy. Why? I didn't do anything to you? My family never even held slaves. Hell my fathers side wasn't even in the United States Prior to 1900.

It's all BS that divides the nation at a time when we can't afford to be divided. I'd rather work together on the important issues like illegal immigration,employment,what to do with health care,welfare,the national debt,social security and our crumbling infrastructure to name a few. Last I heard Lousiana and Alabama still needed help rebuilding. You gonna refuse my help because I'm a Yankee? The whole thing is asinine.

Your right about the bugs. Those things the call palmetto bugs are giant flying cockroaches. Damn near crapped my pants the first time I saw one. And the fire ants,I made the painful mistake of steppin on a ant mound. The heat and humidity is awful and I blister from the sun everytime I'm down there. Aside from that the food was good, the beaches nice and plenty of mini golf.

Last edited:
That;s the best you can come up with? Your roughly 9,000 posts to roughly 500 reps is starting to make a SHITLOAD of sense.

The rep system was instituted at the point when I had about 7k posts and spending a couple of years modding another forum.

Last edited:

My fiance is from Seattle. Don't judge the entire south by Mississippi. Most southerners consider Mississippians backward ass semi-literate inbred deliverance-style mouth breathers.

I love how this thread is pushing political correctness in the guise of condemning it.

Ineptitude seems to be Blue Phantom's strong suit.

The only thing you know about Black people, fudge packer, is what you're told to do in a three-way

Apology accepted. I can imagine that coming from the Northwest to the South would be quite a culture shock. The South has had a long, complex, and often painful history, and that has led to some rather complex social dynamics. The racism that still exists here is very open; it's not hidden or covert like it is in most other places. The locals consequently know very well who is and who isn't racist among other locals. With an outsider, that's an unknown. As a result, Southern Blacks who might be quite comfortable with some local Whites are often wary of Whites from elsewhere; they're not sure where they stand, and may assume the worst until proven otherwise. With Whites, there's the whole Yankee stereotype. The term once referred primarily to people from the Baltimore/D.C./ Philly/N.Y.C./Boston metropolitan corridor, along with people from the urban parts of the upper Midwest-the Northern Liberal establishment, if you will.The culture clash with these goes back to their first migration down here, during Reconstruction, and a lot of the bitterness goes back to what happened in those years, rather than to the War Between the States itself. Some of these "carpetbaggers" were sincere idealists, but the majority were cynical opportunists who were spiteful, vindictive, exploitative and mean, and it was their legacy that lasted. These systematically looted much of the wealth left in the Post-bellum South, leaving the region impoverished for many years. Unfortunately, this only got reinforced by the behavior of later migrants from the North who came down here with a similar smug, self-righteuous and condescending attitude and attempted to remake the place in their own image. Southerners are proud people, with an intense attachment to family and kin, and if you insult a man's ancestors, you might as well have insulted him personally. The result was a culture that became increasingly insular, and suspicious of outsiders. As a result, most of us won't readily just take you in; you have to earn our trust. That may not seem fair to you, and in a way it isn't, but such is our previous experience.

All this must seem a bit strange to someone who comes from what might be called the "newer" areas of America, where more people have come there from all over, and most don't have two hundred years or more of family roots in the same area. There's not the same abiding sense of history (good, bad, and even ugly), nor the same value attached to tradition and extended family. The South can be a hard place to fit into, and find acceptance in. You really have to be patient and make an effort to do so. That's the bad news. The good news is that once you begin to adapt to our way of life, and learn our history, you may be pleasantly surprised. You won't find the real beauty of the South in most of our cites or suburbs. You'll find it off the beaten path, in the countryside and small towns, in a thousand little local festivals and events; in little isolated spots. It's not the grand vistas of the west; it's smaller, more intimate, more timeless. It's not the romantic, "moonlight and magnolias" South, not even on the old, restored plantations; that was never real; it was a myth, something that existed only in imagination and literature. We'll put on just a little of it, just to satisfy the tourists; but it's not who we are, or ever were. If I had to describe the real South, the one I've called home these sixty-five years, I'd say it's a place we we've learned to have good times, even in the midst of hard times, and that's a pretty good thing at that.

As for the bugs, well, that's one more thing we've survived. In addition to the Palmetto bugs (ugly but otherwise harmless) we have two kinds of mosquitoes-the kind that can slip through the mesh of a screen door, and the kind that just open the door and walk in. Neither bother us much (we've been bit often enough that we really don't notice them). Same with the humidity; you will adapt.....eventually.

I love how this thread is pushing political correctness in the guise of condemning it.

Ineptitude seems to be Blue Phantom's strong suit.

Catz,
More like pointing out the inherent hypocrisy of PC, in my book; inherent in something that is nothing but a heavily politicized substitute for what we used to call manners (and a poor substitute it is.)

Well that's because we are obnoxious,rude and do know it all. From where I stand it's a good thing for the North to colonize the South and change some things. There are good things about the South. Nobody knows how to relax and have a good time like a Southerner, you make some damn good whiskey and BBQ. The not so great parts is some of ya'll don't seem to understand the War of Northern Agression was your fault. You guys need to own up? You fired the first shot, you seceded the Union in a temper tantrum after the man you wanted lost the election and you refused to get off your lazy asses and work your own fields to end slavery. You have complained about the carpet baggers but what they did to the South was only a fraction of what the South did to the black man. Nobody deserves to be a slave. 150 years later your still whining about it like you did nothing wrong. Karma is a bitch and you got slapped. Grow up,own up and get on with it dude.

Clean up your own damn house before you have the arrogance to talk about my house. Some of the most racist cities in the U.S. are in the northeast. I've worked with many of them professionally in the capacity of dealing with violent crime issues, and Boston/Philly/Pittsburgh/Hartford and most of New Jersey are some of the most racist places in the U.S.

I never said we weren't racist but some here seem to think the South walks on water and make the South out to be victims of the North. You don't and you're not.

Hey, when Southerners get insulted they get just as offended as Northerner's, who'da thunk it? Guess I'm human after all.

1. You're being offended on behalf of a group somewhere that doesn't even know you exist.

Completely irrelevant. I am not offended on anyone's behalf except my own. According to the rules of society liberals have created that's perfectly fair. If I told a sexually charged joke to Editec, for example, and he thought it was funny as hell but you happened to overhear it and were offended I would still be subject to disciplinary action would I not? Editec's lack of disapproval has no bearing on your disapproval and frankly Editec would also be in trouble for simply engaging in the conversation and laughing.

Hey....we can thank liberals for shit like that because it was them who in their lust to discredit Clarence Thomas demonstrated to the entire nation how to use sexual harassment as a weapon and set the standard.

Now if saying "I don't support Obama because I disagree with his policies" is "racist code" as MSNBC claims then the standard they and their liberal colleagues have set must also be applied to this situation or it becomes a hypocrisy.

2. When are you going to go after the Republican that also called crackers crackers?

I responded to it in post #40.
You generalize so much it is impossible to have a discussion with you.

The bottom line is that people in Florida proudly call themselves crackers. You are mortally offended by the term.

Have a cookie.

1. You're being offended on behalf of a group somewhere that doesn't even know you exist.

Completely irrelevant. I am not offended on anyone's behalf except my own. According to the rules of society liberals have created that's perfectly fair. If I told a sexually charged joke to Editec, for example, and he thought it was funny as hell but you happened to overhear it and were offended I would still be subject to disciplinary action would I not? Editec's lack of disapproval has no bearing on your disapproval and frankly Editec would also be in trouble for simply engaging in the conversation and laughing.

Hey....we can thank liberals for shit like that because it was them who in their lust to discredit Clarence Thomas demonstrated to the entire nation how to use sexual harassment as a weapon and set the standard.

Now if saying "I don't support Obama because I disagree with his policies" is "racist code" as MSNBC claims then the standard they and their liberal colleagues have set must also be applied to this situation or it becomes a hypocrisy.

2. When are you going to go after the Republican that also called crackers crackers?

I responded to it in post #40.
You generalize so much it is impossible to have a discussion with you.

The bottom line is that people in Florida proudly call themselves crackers. You are mortally offended by the term.

Have a cookie.

Wait, I'm from SFV, I don't get a cookie?
Crackers must all die,

065-450x800.jpg

Is that not a disturbing pic?

Wait, I'll eat it.

:confused: :eek:

Forum List

Back