The "cracker counties"?!?!?!

Glad you remembered the cheese whiz, crackers without cheese is tragic. Did the crackers scream when you ate them Silly Wabbit?

Completely irrelevant. I am not offended on anyone's behalf except my own. According to the rules of society liberals have created that's perfectly fair. If I told a sexually charged joke to Editec, for example, and he thought it was funny as hell but you happened to overhear it and were offended I would still be subject to disciplinary action would I not? Editec's lack of disapproval has no bearing on your disapproval and frankly Editec would also be in trouble for simply engaging in the conversation and laughing.

Hey....we can thank liberals for shit like that because it was them who in their lust to discredit Clarence Thomas demonstrated to the entire nation how to use sexual harassment as a weapon and set the standard.

Now if saying "I don't support Obama because I disagree with his policies" is "racist code" as MSNBC claims then the standard they and their liberal colleagues have set must also be applied to this situation or it becomes a hypocrisy.

I responded to it in post #40.
You generalize so much it is impossible to have a discussion with you.

The bottom line is that people in Florida proudly call themselves crackers. You are mortally offended by the term.

Have a cookie.

Wait, I'm from SFV, I don't get a cookie?
Crackers must all die,

065-450x800.jpg

Is that not a disturbing pic?

Wait, I'll eat it.

:confused: :eek:

Hey wait! those crackers are brown not white! Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will be all over you like white on rice!

I love how this thread is pushing political correctness in the guise of condemning it.

Ineptitude seems to be Blue Phantom's strong suit.

And once again it goes right over your head. The point is about liberal hypocrisy not politically correctness.

Actually it's about you not knowing that the use of the word Cracker, in reference to Floridians, isn't racist to begin with. Therefore can't be hypocritical.

:eusa_whistle:

This Whining White Supremacists' nonsense gets pretty funny, doesn't it?

Somebody called somebody else a CRACKER... wah! wah! wah!

Truly how utterly pathetic this board's crpto-NAZIs are.

Authentic philosophical fascists must just hate you guys.

You brownshirt wannbes give the real NAZIs a bad name, for crimmy's sakes.

I love how this thread is pushing political correctness in the guise of condemning it.

And once again it goes right over your head. The point is about liberal hypocrisy not politically correctness.

Actually it's about you not knowing that the use of the word Cracker, in reference to Floridians, isn't racist to begin with. Therefore can't be hypocritical.

Doesn't matter. The liberal environment is such that the perceptions of others are valid cause to flip a bitch whether it's grounded in reality or not. They do this all the time against Republicans.

Doesn't matter. The liberal environment is such that the perceptions of others are valid cause to flip a bitch whether it's grounded in reality or not. They do this all the time against Republicans.

My thoughts exactly

When Blue Boy finds a section of a state full of people that proudly call themselves "******" he might have a point.

Maybe he should start a movement.

This Whining White Supremacists' nonsense gets pretty funny, doesn't it?

Somebody called somebody else a CRACKER... wah! wah! wah!

Truly how utterly pathetic this board's crpto-NAZIs are.

Authentic philosophical fascists must just hate you guys.

You brownshirt wannbes give the real NAZIs a bad name, for crimmy's sakes.

There you go, again. You weren't doing so bad here, until you started throwing this dung around. See if you can comprehend this much; being opposed to PC does not automatically make someone racist, sexist, a "homophobe" or anything else. If we had not thrown the concept of manners out the window along with everything else "traditional" in our rush to modernity and change for the sake of change, we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I seem to recall a time (long since vanished), when we didn't tell sexually explicit jokes in front of ladies, not because there was some "rule" against it, but because it was ill-mannered and boorish to do so. We didn't use racial/ethnic/religious slurs in public, because it was bad manners, not because it was forbidden by some PC speech code. Once upon that time long ago, we confined obscenity and vulgarity to the barracks, the bordello, or the locker room, and we kept our "intimate moments" sufficiently private so that other folks did not have to explain them to small children-imagine that! We didn't have to have political correctness to tell us we had to do it, either! Now, I suppose, we "need" PC to give us some sense of public and private decorum, in a society which frequently lacks either; yet I note (with disappointment), that now it has become impermissible in some circles to refer to women as "ladies", without having some feminist throw a hissy fit. All of which leads me to ask, just what the hell was it that was wrong with "manners" in the first place; or did we just need to politicize that too, along with virtually everything else?

All of the above seems to me to have about as much of a relationship to "White Supremacists" and "Nazis" as a discussion of classical music has to do with a discussion of the proper way to clean a latrine; but what the hell do I know?

Catz,
More like pointing out the inherent hypocrisy of PC, in my book; inherent in something that is nothing but a heavily politicized substitute for what we used to call manners (and a poor substitute it is.)

Acting like an idiot in the guise of pointing out idiocy is really fucking stupid.

[ never said we weren't racist but some here seem to think the South walks on water and make the South out to be victims of the North. You don't and you're not.

Strawman. I'd never pretend that racism isn't present in any state in the U.S. It is...in every damn one of them.

My dear - the Florida Cracker Trail is a route which cuts across southern Florida. It is the historic trail of the old cattle drives.

Cracker is indeed a pejorative term for whites.
Nope. Actually it refers to native (OMFG another racist term) Floridians. There's even a Cracker festival in Homestead.

I myself am a Florida Cracker.

:thup:

It is usually considered (if you live in South Florida) that the crackers live Orlando and north but that simply isn't true.

There are also Georgia Crackers but of course since they are Georgians they totally SUCK.

South Florida is not Southern, Its south Ny & NJ. :razz:. We in the "real" Florida moved the state line to just east of Tallahassee.

I'm in central Florida it's kind of "real" Florida haha. Although I used to live in northern Florida though. Anyways I think anyone from FL can agree that "cracker" isn't a racist term to use.

Nope. Actually it refers to native (OMFG another racist term) Floridians. There's even a Cracker festival in Homestead.

I myself am a Florida Cracker.

:thup:

It is usually considered (if you live in South Florida) that the crackers live Orlando and north but that simply isn't true.

There are also Georgia Crackers but of course since they are Georgians they totally SUCK.

South Florida is not Southern, Its south Ny & NJ. :razz:. We in the "real" Florida moved the state line to just east of Tallahassee.

I'm in central Florida it's kind of "real" Florida haha. Although I used to live in northern Florida though. Anyways I think anyone from FL can agree that "cracker" isn't a racist term to use.
Yeah, the "real" Florida. Mickey Mouse. He ain't no cracker.

Catz,
More like pointing out the inherent hypocrisy of PC, in my book; inherent in something that is nothing but a heavily politicized substitute for what we used to call manners (and a poor substitute it is.)

Acting like an idiot in the guise of pointing out idiocy is really fucking stupid.

Not necessarily, Catz; sometimes, the only way to get a fool to understand the folly of his own behavior, is to show him how it looks to others.

Forum List

Back