The "cracker counties"?!?!?!

BluePhantom

Educator (of liberals)
Nov 11, 2011
Portland, OR / Salem, OR
So "the Food Stamp President" is racist even though no one made any reference to food stamps and race except the Democrats (who apparently assume that the only people on food stamps are black) yet on MSNBC an analyst refers to northern Florida as "the cracker counties" and no one blinks an eye.

You just gotta love liberal hypocrisy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGEQWdOluxA]MSNBC/Politico Bigots Call Florida Panhandle 'Cracker Counties' - YouTube[/ame]

On MSNBC, Politico’s Jonathan Martin Refers to Florida Panhandle as ‘Cracker Counties’ - Big Journalism

So "the Food Stamp President" is racist even though no one made any reference to food stamps and race except the Democrats (who apparently assume that the only people on food stamps are black) yet on MSNBC an analyst refers to northern Florida as "the cracker counties" and no one blinks an eye.

You just gotta love liberal hypocrisy.

MSNBC/Politico Bigots Call Florida Panhandle 'Cracker Counties' - YouTube

On MSNBC, Politico’s Jonathan Martin Refers to Florida Panhandle as ‘Cracker Counties’ - Big Journalism

Libs know this to be true, and especially to the uninformed....

imageshh.jpg

Northern Floridians have always been known as crackers. Something to do with cattle whips. None of them think it's a racial slur.

Tissue?

Uh huh. Somehow I think if a Republican had made that comment all hell would be breaking loose about now. Regardless, that's the not the "rules" of our ultra-politically correct society that liberals have created. It matters not what the intent of a statement is, only how it is perceived by others. You can't have it both ways.

i found some ball caps with crackers on them.......but i couldnt grab the image....

cracker, redneck, white bread.....

doesnt matter what you are called....only matters what you answer to

Northern Floridians have always been known as crackers. Something to do with cattle whips. None of them think it's a racial slur.

Tissue?

Uh huh. Somehow I think if a Republican had made that comment all hell would be breaking loose about now. Regardless, that's the not the "rules" of our ultra-politically correct society that liberals have created. It matters not what the intent of a statement is, only how it is perceived by others. You can't have it both ways.
Being a Florida Cracker is a badge of honor. It means you've descended from generations of Floridians.

Now go away with your race-baiting ignorance, idiot.

you seem to want it both ways....you want to educate liberals and then you say something just plain ass ignorant

Well let's have a look here and apply some "Ravi logic" shall we?

First let's consult the dictionary:

crack·er (krkr)
n.
1. A thin crisp wafer or biscuit, usually made of unsweetened dough.
2. One that cracks, especially:
a. A firecracker.
b. A small cardboard cylinder covered with decorative paper that holds candy or a party favor and pops when a paper strip is pulled at one or both ends and torn.
c. The apparatus used in the cracking of petroleum.
d. One who makes unauthorized use of a computer, especially to tamper with data or programs.
3. Offensive
a. Used as a disparaging term for a poor white person of the rural, especially southeast United States.
b. Used as a disparaging term for a white person.

cracker - definition of cracker by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Well that sure seems like a racial slur to me but apparently that's ok because they call themselves that as well. Ok well a lot of blacks refer to people of their own race as "n***ers". Atlanta is 61% black and has 3-6 congressional districts (depending on if you include suburbs). So can we start referring to them as the "n***er districts"?

Tissue?

I lived in northern florida (Pensacola) for most of my life, I never heard of whites being called crackers because of whips. It used by blacks to describe whites, the same color as soda crackers. And yes we did think of it as a racial slur. Go back to trying on hats, come back when you know what the fuck you are talking about.

Tissue?

I lived in northern florida (Pensacola) for most of my life, I never heard of whites being called crackers because of whips. It used by blacks to describe whites, the same color as soda crackers. And yes we did think of it as a racial slur. Go back to trying on hats, come back when you know what the fuck you are talking about.
You must not get out much.

Tissue?

My dear - the Florida Cracker Trail is a route which cuts across southern Florida. It is the historic trail of the old cattle drives.

Cracker is indeed a pejorative term for whites.

Tissue?

My dear - the Florida Cracker Trail is a route which cuts across southern Florida. It is the historic trail of the old cattle drives.

Nope. Actually it refers to native (OMFG another racist term) Floridians. There's even a Cracker festival in Homestead.

I myself am a Florida Cracker.

:thup:

It is usually considered (if you live in South Florida) that the crackers live Orlando and north but that simply isn't true.

There are also Georgia Crackers but of course since they are Georgians they totally SUCK.

Tissue?

Nope. Actually it refers to native (OMFG another racist term) Floridians. There's even a Cracker festival in Homestead.

It is usually considered (if you live in South Florida) that the crackers live Orlando and north but that simply isn't true.

There are also Georgia Crackers but of course since they are Georgians they totally SUCK.

OK - fair enough. What's it mean in the other 49 states when the term is used ?

Did you mean the other 48? Last time I checked, Georgia was a state, sadly.

It really doesn't matter what it means elsewhere since it has a specific meaning in Florida and it was being used to reference Florida.

It really doesn't matter what it means elsewhere since it has a specific meaning in Florida and it was being used to reference Florida.

Yeah - but how is a guy in New York City watching MSNBC supposed to know all this? If he's only familiar with the more widely known racist definition (which I am guessing would be the majority of people in this country), couldn't this newscaster's comments be viewed as "racist" ?

Oh well that should be ignored because no one from the other 49 states should have been listening to the news broadcast, I suppose. I think what MSNBC has demonstrated and the liberal posters to this thread have reinforced is that racism does not apply when directed at whites.

Food stamps and criticizing Obama's singing voice are apparently blatantly racist according to Rachael Madcow and Chris Matthews but using a direct racial slur against whites.....well that's perfectly acceptable.

Forum List

Back