the cover up by israel of the bombing of the uss liberty

From the actual messages received from the USS Liberty June 8, 1967:

RUNClAS EFT 0 LOCATING TWO
TWO DELTA WtNG SINGLE ENGINE JET FIGHTER A/C ORBITED USS LIBERTV
THREE TIMES AT 31-27N. 34-00E UT TIME B8/B6501. NO IDENT. VISIBLE
• DUE ALT. EST. 5,01110 FT. DISTANCE EST. 2 MILES. NO AMPLIFYING
REPORT WILL BE SU8MITTED.

NSA Archive Document Liberty overflight

The significance of this is that the Israelis knew or should have known from these overflights the ship they were going to attack. This was not a blind attack. The ship was orbited 6 times by two different Israeli jets.

Either they knew who and what they were attacking or Israelis are the Keystone Kops of military forces. Since they were in the middle of executing a brilliant defense of Israel knocking out superior Egyptian and Syrian/Jordanian forces coming from two different directions simultaneously, I reject that the latter could be the case.

tech is doesnt matter how many facts you come up with ..it will always be the same....you are anti israel...not pro american....

i wonder why none of these people have collected the 10k offered...they are so sure of their...o right they dont have any real facts.....

tech is doesnt matter how many facts you come up with ..it will always be the same....you are anti israel...not pro american....

i wonder why none of these people have collected the 10k offered...they are so sure of their...o right they dont have any real facts.....

Not everybody drinks the koolaid.. bones,, I'm going to have to read up on this,, cause I know nothing about it.

it will shock you willow...read all the sites yo u can find but the only one that matters to me...are the testimonies of the men that were in the battle....the men of the uss liberty are dying out...i am not using them as a "tool" i am simply reminding people that these people served and died for their country and were betrayed by their own government and the government of israel.

but as soon as you post anything that is not the israeli line or excuse or whatever y ou will be accused of anti semitism....they just deny the facts

Book Review: Assault on the Liberty

Review of 'Assault on the Liberty' by James M. Ennes

Excertps:

June 8 was a clear day and the Liberty was flying a new oversize "holiday" flag which flew unfurled all morning in eight knots or more of wind. Preceding the attack the ship was systematically reconnoitered for seven hours by 10 jets and flying boxcars, the fifth of which flew approximately two-hundred feet above the water and was easily identified by crewmen to be Israeli. In light of these overflights it seems dubious that the Liberty could have been mistaken for the Egyptian supply ship el Quseir, which was half the Liberty's size, much older, and lacked the hull markings and array of elaborate antenna. Also it was in port, in Egypt, on June 8.

The assault is described by Ennes as planned and coordinated, with aircraft and gunboats approaching from the same direction at intervals designed "to deal a fatal one-two body blow." The jets attacked in waves, with the first Mirage fighter bomber firing in staccato fashion some two to three dozen rockets which caused rapid sequence explosions. The second Mirage jet, according to one crewman, "put a rocket at the base of every transmitting antenna on the ship," temporarily interrupting radio communication before it was permanently incapacitated later. The Mirages were followed by more maneuverable Dassault Mystere jets which dropped canisters of napalm, setting fire to four levels of the ship's superstructure. Soon thereafter three motor torpedo boats approached the ship in attack formation. The first torpedo fired at the Liberty missed its mark, but the second one blew a forty-foot hole in the ship's starboard side, killing twenty-five men instantly. The order was given to prepare to abandon ship, but few were able to carry out this order because of continued machine gun fire from the gunboats at both men onboard the Liberty and at the liferafts that were being lowered into the water. Sometimes inactive some two hundred yards away, the gunboats appeared to Ennes to be waiting for the intelligence ship to sink.

"Men who testified told me later that they felt deeply frustrated by the court's apparent lack of interest in details of the attack, its duration, intensity, the extent of preattack surveillance and the like. Most of the ship's officers, once they realized the shallowness of the questioning, dismissed the inquiry as 'whitewash.’"

He speculates that it intentionally incapacitated the Liberty so that the ship could not gather evidence by listening in on planning discussions of Israeli military commanders, showing that Israel would be acting as the aggressor when it attacked the Syrian Golan Heights on June 9 (Israel's line, at the time, was that Egypt had attacked Israel first, and Israel wanted to make the same claim with regard to Syria). The invasion of Golan was originally planned for June 8 but was postponed until the following day, less than 24 hours after the Liberty had been attacked. By that time, the Liberty's "listening" capacity had been destroyed.

I posit his theory is quite viable - how effin' convenient for Israel. But of course, Israel would never do that... Israel is a saint... would never ever do anything bad...

Hush you disbelieving Thomases!

:lol:

I think Stormfront's website has a lot of information about this as well.

:cuckoo:

Ridicule all you want, it just makes you look silly when I can provide hundreds of pages of documentation from US government cites using Secret and Top Secret declassified documents.
A U.S. Navy Court of Inquiry completed 10 days after the attack concluded it was a case of mistaken identity. Ten subsequent inquiries by Congress, the CIA and the Pentagon found no evidence pointing to a deliberate attack.
Coverup theory alive at USS Liberty reunion - USATODAY.com

"As far I know these are (the complete transcripts)," Bard says. "But this is something that a conspiracy theorist would say is missing."

Oren agrees that a new inquiry should be held.

"I think that is probably not a bad idea," he said.

Meanwhile, the National Security Agency said this week it would release all documents relating to the attack.

"We're hoping those documents are what we're looking for," said Glenn Oliphant, 62, of White Bear, Minn.

Share this story:

would these not be the doc that tech is referring to?

Ridicule all you want, it just makes you look silly when I can provide hundreds of pages of documentation from US government cites using Secret and Top Secret declassified documents.
A U.S. Navy Court of Inquiry completed 10 days after the attack concluded it was a case of mistaken identity. Ten subsequent inquiries by Congress, the CIA and the Pentagon found no evidence pointing to a deliberate attack.

That is all fine and dandy... until you REALIZE that there was a HUGE-ASS American flag flying on board of USS Liberty as Israelis razed its crew down...

K?

K.

But I don't think such a minor detail would stop you from going with the official line... it's just too... inconvenient, ain't it.

$10,000 challenge
The Liberty Veterans Association offers a $10,000 reward to anyone who can establish the truth of A. Jay Cristol's claim: 1
"After ten official US investigations (including five congressional investigations), there was never any evidence that the attack was made with knowledge that the target was a US ship."

The LVA has disputed the truth of this statement for years. We know it is untrue. The claim that there have been any official Congressional investigations into the culpability for the Israeli attack on USS Liberty is patently false. There have been NO official Congressional investigations on this subject. We believe that the best way to prove that the above statement is untrue is to offer a reward to anyone (including Mr. Cristol) who can prove that it is true.

Address responses to [email protected]

go and collect the 10k then

lies are just lies.....

I have NSA original source documents, you have USA TODAY.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same. That's why most history books are written from newspaper articles posted 40 years after the fact not contemporaneous operational messages and interviews with first person participants. :cuckoo:

Fail. Try again.

Here's where the cover up begins:

June 8, 1967

The White House has ordered the 4 A4 Skyraiders and 4 A1 attack aircraft from USS Saratoga and USS America to return to the ship and not support Liberty after it was attacked.

Then comes this message from Cyrus Vance then in the defense department, but later Secretary of State for Carter:
10 WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY TELEPHONE AT 081500Z THAT SECDEF VANCE
STATES THAT ALL PRESS RELEASES ON LIBERTY AFfAIR wILL BE MADE REPEAT
WILL BE MADE AT WASHINGTON LEVEL. No RELEASES TO BE MADE ON
SHIPS.

Message to 6th Fleet from SECDEF

$10,000 challenge
The Liberty Veterans Association offers a $10,000 reward to anyone who can establish the truth of A. Jay Cristol's claim: 1
"After ten official US investigations (including five congressional investigations), there was never any evidence that the attack was made with knowledge that the target was a US ship."

The LVA has disputed the truth of this statement for years. We know it is untrue. The claim that there have been any official Congressional investigations into the culpability for the Israeli attack on USS Liberty is patently false. There have been NO official Congressional investigations on this subject. We believe that the best way to prove that the above statement is untrue is to offer a reward to anyone (including Mr. Cristol) who can prove that it is true.

Address responses to [email protected]

go and collect the 10k then

lies are just lies.....
How stupid, no offense. Prove that the government never inquired into the situation?

I wonder if anyone is offering $10,000 to prove that the government never sent a space ship to the moon. :rofl:

It's a conspiracy theory that will never die. I can just see it now...the Israelis sent identifiable crews to bomb a boat belonging to their only ally in hopes that the Americans would be stupid enough to believe the Egyptians did it.

And then they let most of the Liberty's crew live to identify them.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have NSA original source documents, you have USA TODAY.

Yeah, that's pretty much the same. That's why most history books are written from newspaper articles posted 40 years after the fact not contemporaneous operational messages and interviews with first person participants. :cuckoo:

Fail. Try again.

Here's where the cover up begins:

June 8, 1967

The White House has ordered the 4 A4 Skyraiders and 4 A1 attack aircraft from USS Saratoga and USS America to return to the ship and not support Liberty after it was attacked.

Then comes this message from Cyrus Vance then in the defense department, but later Secretary of State for Carter:
10 WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED BY TELEPHONE AT 081500Z THAT SECDEF VANCE
STATES THAT ALL PRESS RELEASES ON LIBERTY AFfAIR wILL BE MADE REPEAT
WILL BE MADE AT WASHINGTON LEVEL. No RELEASES TO BE MADE ON
SHIPS.
Message to 6th Fleet from SECDEF
And that proves what, exactly? I never realized ships that were attacked were in the habit of issuing press releases. :cuckoo:

you know the japanese dont freak out when pearl harbor is mentioned, why, they accept responsibilty for their actions....none this oopsie friendly fire shit....for how long...how long was the attack jillain...minutes....no....

Bad analogy Bones, the Japanese DO not so accept, in fact they have for years been trying to rewrite the history of WWII with themselves as helpless victims.

Ask the Koreans about what Japan 'accepts responsibility' for.

hush xen if any of them knew history or what was going on they would have said that...

now xen do you really think the uss liberty was "friendly fire" and give your reasons...i have some half ass respect for you half the time..
You have to remember who was President and what was happening at the time.

LBJ was POTUS, it was the cold war & Vietnam era and the US and Israel were NOT allies.

There is little doubt the ship was targeted and destroyed, it was not an accident.

The problem is, what it was really doing.

It didn't just happen to 'stray' there, nor was it the innocent bystander some claim, the ship was a spy ship.

Since the USA and Israel are now allied, what really happened is not discussed, but I have heard talk that the ship was interferring with Israeli communications (which is possible knowing how LBJ's white house operated).

Your ire might be more rightly placed on the US gov's role in this, but I doubt we will ever know for sure what happened.

it will shock you willow...read all the sites yo u can find but the only one that matters to me...are the testimonies of the men that were in the battle....the men of the uss liberty are dying out...i am not using them as a "tool" i am simply reminding people that these people served and died for their country and were betrayed by their own government and the government of israel.

but as soon as you post anything that is not the israeli line or excuse or whatever y ou will be accused of anti semitism....they just deny the facts

I know where you are coming from,, it's an attack from the vicious left.. they used it on me the other day.. sit up and take notice,, it happens a lot.. notice they virtually are ignoring this attack on the recruiters??

I know where you are coming from,, it's an attack from the vicious left.. they used it on me the other day.. sit up and take notice,, it happens a lot.. notice they virtually are ignoring this attack on the recruiters??

WTF are you talking about? I posted a goddamn thread about the killing of those recruiters the day it happened.

Bad analogy Bones, the Japanese DO not so accept, in fact they have for years been trying to rewrite the history of WWII with themselves as helpless victims.

Ask the Koreans about what Japan 'accepts responsibility' for.

hush xen if any of them knew history or what was going on they would have said that...

now xen do you really think the uss liberty was "friendly fire" and give your reasons...i have some half ass respect for you half the time..
You have to remember who was President and what was happening at the time.

LBJ was POTUS, it was the cold war & Vietnam era and the US and Israel were NOT allies.

There is little doubt the ship was targeted and destroyed, it was not an accident.

The problem is, what it was really doing.

It didn't just happen to 'stray' there, nor was it the innocent bystander some claim, the ship was a spy ship.

Since the USA and Israel are now allied, what really happened is not discussed, but I have heard talk that the ship was interferring with Israeli communications (which is possible knowing how LBJ's white house operated).

Your ire might be more rightly placed on the US gov's role in this, but I doubt we will ever know for sure what happened.
I don't think that is correct.

I don't think that is correct.
It is Ravi.

The US came to an agreement with Israel due to Soviet support of the Arab states in the aftermath of the 6 day war.

The weapons used by Israel in 67 where mostly European in design and procurment, such as:

British designed Centurion

Centurion_Israel_04.jpg

French designed Mirage III (the type which attacked the liberty)

Mirage3.jpg

After the war the US heavily supplied Israel with new weapons, namely the M-48 and M-60 tanks, F-4 Fighterbombers and other assorted equipment.

WTF are you talking about? I posted a goddamn thread about the killing of those recruiters the day it happened.

The hell you say??? did you get your ass reamed for "exploiting the troops" I betcha ya didn't did ya?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

The hell you say??? did you get your ass reamed for "exploiting the troops" I betcha ya didn't did ya?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

nope, I didn't .. because I wasn't an asshole trying to use those deaths as political fodder. Now, did you want to cry about liberals again or just sit there after my pimp slap?

"As far I know these are (the complete transcripts)," Bard says. "But this is something that a conspiracy theorist would say is missing."

Oren agrees that a new inquiry should be held.

"I think that is probably not a bad idea," he said.

Meanwhile, the National Security Agency said this week it would release all documents relating to the attack.

"We're hoping those documents are what we're looking for," said Glenn Oliphant, 62, of White Bear, Minn.

Share this story:

would these not be the doc that tech is referring to?

I can tell you that in going over the documents I've come across a few things that are still heavily redacted.

After the attack, 2 Israeli helos orbited. They have the recording of those pilots in Hebrew and translated in English, but it is heavily redacted. I would suspect there could be highly incriminating evidence in there.

One other thing I noticed is that in the list of communications from the Liberty, there is a fairly complete record from June 1 through June 9, with the sole exception of June 7th. The is not a single document from June 7th. If you recall from the interviews, June 7th is the day that Liberty was overflown 8 times. This information would be in those records. Just like the Overflights that occurred on the 8th were in the records from the 8th.

But frankly 2 times or 10 times, Liberty was overflown. It was not a blind assault on an unknown ship.

More from another official NSA interview with a participant:

Paddy Rhodes
Question One question that we ask everyone and we always get the
same answer, which is fine, but it's been controversial
throughout the whole bloody investigation. Was the
American flag flying aboard the Liberty?
RHODES Damn right it was. Twice. The regular one, and then
they hoisted the holiday colors, the big flag.
Question When did you put that one up?
RHODES I don't know, I know it was up. Apparently the smaller
one had been hit or the shrouding tore away. They
immediately raised the holiday colors.
QuestionSo it was up when the aircraft overflew the first time?
RHODES Oh, sure, yeah.

Forum List

Back