the cover up by israel of the bombing of the uss liberty

well that kinda made my point...any mention of the uss liberty is taken as an insult to the jews...

the men of the liberty have been insulted enough...the capt getting his medal of honor on a ship but not the white house....our government is just as guilty in the cover up

you know the japanese dont freak out when pearl harbor is mentioned, why, they accept responsibilty for their actions....none this oopsie friendly fire shit....for how long...how long was the attack jillain...minutes....no....

O and fuck all you assholes who run around with the yellow support our troops and give lip service to it...then turned your backs on the men of the uss liberty

See the problem with you anti semitic jew haters is that you never look at anything from thier perspective!

Maybe ...just maybe Israel had a perfecftly good reason to mistake the liberty for an arab warship.

Maybe the liberty wasn't flying an american flag. You don't know... do you?

Maybe the torpedo boats were protecting the planes. Did you ever think of that? :lol:

How many fucking times do I have to post this to debunk this nonsensical bullshit already:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1251232-post58.html

Gladly, sir:

USS Liberty

"AJC: The release of the NSA tapes is extremely important because it provides additional evidence that has been solely in the hands of the United States and therefore cannot be challenged as having been modified or altered by Israeli intelligence services. In addition, it corroborates the Israeli Air Force tapes as the material dove-tails with the information on those tapes.

INA: Why do many of the conspiracy theorists continue to demand a United States Congressional investigation and is such an investigation appropriate?

AJC: The goal is simply to provide a platform for propaganda. There have been ten official U.S. investigations. Five of them were Congressional. They all reached the same conclusion that the incident was a tragic mistake. Eight United States Presidents: Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush (41), Clinton, and Bush (43) have supported and adopted these conclusions. In fact, the current President of the United States, George W. Bush, through White House staff, issued a letter in October 2002 indicating his position that no further investigation of this incident was needed"

yea, dipshit! because, AGAIN, one sure does wonder what a place called ISRAEL NEWS AGENCY might have to say about it!

:rofl:

I take it no one told you what constitutes evidence while they were setting you up for failure in the IDF, eh big tough Gilad?

New Findings Reveal Israel and U.S. Covered Up Deliberate Israeli Attack on U.S. Navy Ship in 1967
Chief Attorney to Original Navy Court of
Inquiry Breaks 3 Decades of Silence;
Exposes Cover-up by Johnson White House
34 Americans Killed, 172 Injured in
Israeli “Act of War” on June 8th, 1967

Washington DC. (October 22, 2003) A new report released today by former officials from the highest level of the military and government reveals that Israel “committed acts of murder against American servicemen and an act of war against the United States” when it deliberately attacked the USS Liberty and killed 34 American crewmembers in 1967. (See the Findings of the Independent Commission of Inquiry).

In addition, the Chief Attorney to the original 1967 Navy Court of Inquiry has stated in a sworn affidavit that then-President Johnson and then-Secretary of Defense Robert McNamara ordered the Court of Inquiry to cover up the attack by presenting it as a mistake. (See the Sworn Affidavit of Ward Boston)

Implications for All “The American People”
On October 22, 2003, senior military officials gathered on Capitol Hill to ask for a new and honest naval inquiry into the 1967 attack, as well as why the US government cover-up followed.

“The men of the USS Liberty were representing the U.S. They were attacked for over 2 hours by Israeli Air Force and Navy units with 70% American casualties and the eventual loss of our best intelligence ship,” said Admiral Thomas Moorer, former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. “These sailors and marines were entitled to our best defense. We gave them no defense. The findings of this commission are irrefutable. Every other attack on a ship in our history has been investigated by our Congress except this one.”

“Nor has Congress ever investigated the recall by the White House of U.S. Navy aircraft sent to rescue the Liberty while the ship was still under attack,” he added. “The White House cancellation of the Navy’s attempt to rescue the Liberty is the most disgraceful thing I have witnessed in my entire military career.”

“Why would our government put Israel’s interests ahead of our own? Does it continue to do so? This is an important issue that should be investigated by an independent, fully empowered commission of the American government. Our own Independent Commission of Inquiry findings have grave implications for our national security and for the American people. In order to confront this problem, the American people and our elected officers will need to overcome their fear of the pro-Israel lobby in the United States,” Moorer continued.

Compelled to “Share the Truth”
In his sworn testimony, Captain Ward Boston, Counsel to the original 1967 U.S. Navy Court of Inquiry’s investigation into the Israeli attack on the USS Liberty, says the attack was deliberate but that the Court was ordered to cover it up by the Johnson White House.

Boston states that, “For more than 30 years I have remained silent on the topic of the USS Liberty. I am a military man and when orders come in from the Secretary of Defense and President of the United States, I follow them.

”However, recent attempts to rewrite history compel me to share the truth� In particular, the recent publication of Jay Cristol’s book, The Liberty Incident, twists the facts and misrepresents the views of those of us who investigated the attack� Contrary to the misinformation presented by Cristol and others, it is important for the American people to know that it is clear that Israel is responsible for deliberately attacking an American ship and murdering American sailors.”

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/us_ints/ul-newfindings.html

you know the japanese dont freak out when pearl harbor is mentioned, why, they accept responsibilty for their actions....none this oopsie friendly fire shit....for how long...how long was the attack jillain...minutes....no....

Interesting analogy... Japan "accept[ed] responsibility" because it was an intentional act of war.

As you've seen REPEATEDLY, the Israeli action was friendly fire which has repeatedly been found to have been accidental...

sorry to disappoint you.

More than a decade ago we wrote in these pages that Israeli forces shot and killed 150 or more Egyptian prisoners of war at the town of El Arish while the USS Liberty passed just 12 miles off shore (see “Did Israel’s Armed Forces Commit One War Crime to Hide Another?” in the May/June 1996 Washington Report, p. 28).

The story of the massacre originally came from Israeli eyewitnesses, was reported in Israel’s Yediot Ahronot and again, recently, by Israeli journalist Ran Adelist on Israeli television. Yet, then and now, it has largely been ignored in the American press and by the American government, despite the fact that this massacre was a serious war crime and could well have been the reason for the attack on the Liberty.

Indeed, according to Israeli historian Michael Oren, “Ennes’s report cannot be true”—for if it were there would be an international uproar and it would disrupt relations between Israel and Egypt.

Four Decades of Twisting Facts About Israel’s Attack on the USS Liberty

for 75 minutes they attacked a communications ship.....75 minutes.....do you not think the uss liberty was calling for help...the attack only stopped when another american ship was arriving...

75 minutes name me one time..friendly fire has lasted 75 minutes since 1950? there was no congressional investigation.

The Big Lie

Ahron Jay Cristol, the author of dense and nearly unreadable screed published in 2002 as The Liberty Incident, persists in repeating at every opportunity the false report that the Liberty attack has been repeatedly investigated and found to be a tragic accident. The Liberty Incident, now out of print, was first published as a doctoral thesis and eventually in hard and soft cover by Brassey's. Cristol's web site proclaims in its second paragraph:
"After ten official US investigations (including five congressional investigations), there was never any evidence that the attack was made with knowledge that the target was a US ship. There is substantial evidence the attack was a tragic mistake caused by blunders of both the US and Israel. Eight US presidents, Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush (41), Clinton, and Bush (43), have each accepted the conclusion that the attack was a tragic case of mistaken identity."

We have found no evidence that any of those assertions are true. Mr. Cristol has not responded to our repeated requests for proof or documentation of those claims. Moreover, the Liberty Veterans Association has long offered a $10,000 reward to anyone who can show that these statements are true. See USS Liberty $10,000 challenge. No one has ever applied for the reward. There has never been a Congressional investigation.

http://ussliberty.com/thebiglie.htm

rhodes with all that proof of yours i would be going after that 10 k...

Last edited:
I think Stormfront's website has a lot of information about this as well.

:cuckoo:

no fact eh ravi...just implications that due to my support of american troops i must be what?

go on ....due to my support of the american troops on the uss liberty i must be ....you fill in the blank ...go on

:cuckoo: we can use icons...can we all use facts?

no fact eh ravi...just implications that due to my support of american troops i must be what?

go on ....due to my support of the american troops on the uss liberty i must be ....you fill in the blank ...go on

What facts...all you are doing is C&Ping reams of stuff from nut job sites.

You aren't supporting American troops, you are using them as tools to bash the Israelis.

Bad analogy Bones, the Japanese DO not so accept, in fact they have for years been trying to rewrite the history of WWII with themselves as helpless victims.

Ask the Koreans about what Japan 'accepts responsibility' for.

Bad analogy Bones, the Japanese DO not so accept, in fact they have for years been trying to rewrite the history of WWII with themselves as helpless victims.

Ask the Koreans about what Japan 'accepts responsibility' for.

hush xen if any of them knew history or what was going on they would have said that...

now xen do you really think the uss liberty was "friendly fire" and give your reasons...i have some half ass respect for you half the time..

How many fucking times do I have to post this to debunk this nonsensical bullshit already:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1251232-post58.html

Gladly, sir:

USS Liberty

"AJC: The release of the NSA tapes is extremely important because it provides additional evidence that has been solely in the hands of the United States and therefore cannot be challenged as having been modified or altered by Israeli intelligence services. In addition, it corroborates the Israeli Air Force tapes as the material dove-tails with the information on those tapes.

INA: Why do many of the conspiracy theorists continue to demand a United States Congressional investigation and is such an investigation appropriate?

AJC: The goal is simply to provide a platform for propaganda. There have been ten official U.S. investigations. Five of them were Congressional. They all reached the same conclusion that the incident was a tragic mistake. Eight United States Presidents: Johnson, Nixon, Ford, Carter, Reagan, Bush (41), Clinton, and Bush (43) have supported and adopted these conclusions. In fact, the current President of the United States, George W. Bush, through White House staff, issued a letter in October 2002 indicating his position that no further investigation of this incident was needed"

A testament to AIPAC I'm sure. You're seriously going to quote an Israeli propaganda outlet as proof that it was all a mistake? REALLY? Did that actually win you a debate at some point?

I'm in the process of reviewing newly declassified documents published and available on NSA's site concerning this incident. One point that someone brought up was whether the US colors were flying during the attack. Here is testimony on that point:

From the Official NSA Interview of Eugene Scheck
NSA Oral Histories of the Liberty Incident

Speaking of Capt. McGonagal

He had a job to do, he was antsy about it,
he talked about the overflight. Told us how he was antsy
about staying there that day but he knew what his job was
and he stayed. And then when the attack occurred he was
as shocked as anybody else. He took down his normal
colors, put up holiday colors and they still
kept shooting. And then they asked him if he wanted
assistance and he said, "No." In fact, he told them to go
screw themselves, or something,--words to that effect.

For those that don't know, Holiday colors are those huge oversized flags you see up at car dealerships sometimes. Basically, Stevie Wonder could see it if you put it up.

In addition, Capt. McGonagal reported that he had been overflown by two unmarked jets earlier in the day before the attacks. Keep in mind that this ship was a US Navy ship and fully marked as such. It had its ship number on the hull and it was flying the US colors. It was overflown by reconnaissance twice that day and eight times the day before.

I'm pretty sure your argument isn't that the Israeli military is so incompetent that they could fail to notice the US colors and markings on the ship 10 times in two days is it?

What facts...all you are doing is C&Ping reams of stuff from nut job sites.

You aren't supporting American troops, you are using them as tools to bash the Israelis.

Yeah, nut job sites like the NSA.GOV site.

Fail. Next.

Interesting analogy... Japan "accept[ed] responsibility" because it was an intentional act of war.

As you've seen REPEATEDLY, the Israeli action was friendly fire which has repeatedly been found to have been accidental...

sorry to disappoint you.

Once again, except for your bare assertion that it is the case, you have no facts to support your contention that this was a friendly fire incident.

Try again.

Ridicule all you want, it just makes you look silly when I can provide hundreds of pages of documentation from US government cites using Secret and Top Secret declassified documents.

Forum List

Back