The costs of shoplifting

MacTheKnife

Gold Member
Jul 20, 2018
I was thinking about starting a thread on shoplifting but before I got around to it I noticed one on the current events forum but before I could respond it was shutdown.

Anyhow....this is something that very few are aware of....the ramifications of shoplifing....how it costs all of us.

As in.........the stores make up for their losses by passing it onto their customers in the form of price increases.

Video: How Much Does Shoplifting Cost You?

I was thinking about starting a thread on shoplifting but before I got around to it I noticed one on the current events forum but before I could respond it was shutdown.

Anyhow....this is something that very few are aware of....the ramifications of shoplifing....how it costs all of us.

As in.........the stores make up for their losses by passing it onto their customers in the form of price increases.

Video: How Much Does Shoplifting Cost You?
So you kind of shoplifted from the current events forum.

What , you did not elaborate as much as an Accountant would. Ahem! Well how many inventory audits , separations of duties, and general Chaos is related to this, far more than the Cost of Goods , or the Inventory asset, I believe. We're talking mostly about Chaos even if its a really neat shoplifter.

You pay for items in line, then the computer knows whats going on. If shoplifters ransack it undetected, Customers could face inventory shortages, bad reviews, bad experiences, besides.

Last edited:
Since the other thread shutdown, I will repeat my post...
Shoplifters are scum and cost us regardless of background and ALL of them should be prosecuted.

Since the other thread shutdown, I will repeat my post...
Shoplifters are scum and cost us regardless of background and ALL of them should be prosecuted.

Unfortunately too many retailers fearing potential lawsuits are in some states anyhow not very aggressive to say the least when it comes to prosecuting shoplifters.

The way they look at it...it is safer and easier to just past the costs along to the consumer.

It varies from state to state....I do hear Warl Mart is very aggressive in going after shoplifters.

I doubt may of us would want to see a hungry man stealing a loaf of bread or whatever....but many of these shoplifters make a living out of stealing expensive merchandise.

The customer is always right... Til they didn't pay for that Gum. Kya!!! hye Kya!!! hiiii Kya! Play dead... citizen's arrest...

Forum List

Back