The cost of shutting down the government

gekaap

Rookie
Jan 25, 2011
The price of a government shutdown - Yahoo! Finance

This article raises some points I hadn't considered before. It doesn't offer specific numbers. But it explains some of the ways that expenses will accrue if the government shuts down. I thought the lost revenue figure for park admissions was particularly interesting. Definitely had not thought about that before.

I know that alot of people are in favor of a government shut down hoping that it will save money. But I think we see here that it will not. Can we get a budget already, please?

There is complete chaos now. There is no leadership from the top that knows whats going on. What about people attending classes that have already been paid for by the government? Now those employees/soldiers have to go home and government has to buy another seat at a later time. Missions are being cancelled, some are being called "essential" but they realistically can't do them if everyone else is not at work. There is absolutely no guidance coming down from our esteemed Commander-in-Chief.

• Banned
There is complete chaos now. There is no leadership from the top that knows whats going on. What about people attending classes that have already been paid for by the government? Now those employees/soldiers have to go home and government has to buy another seat at a later time. Missions are being cancelled, some are being called "essential" but they realistically can't do them if everyone else is not at work. There is absolutely no guidance coming down from our esteemed Commander-in-Chief.

The President has had many meeting with Reid and Boehner. But ultimately, this is a Congressional matter. But I think that the President has issued guidance, by refusing to sign anymore temporary extension. BTW, where abouts in SAT?

This article raises some points I hadn't considered before. It doesn't offer specific numbers. But it explains some of the ways that expenses will accrue if the government shuts down. I thought the lost revenue figure for park admissions was particularly interesting. Definitely had not thought about that before.

I know that alot of people are in favor of a government shut down hoping that it will save money. But I think we see here that it will not. Can we get a budget already, please?

Then tell the DEmonRats to pass the fucking budget already.. Or.. stfu.

They are bickering over LESS THAN 2% of the budget.

Let me say that again

2%

Seriously folks if 2% is going to bankrupt the country we're in way deeper shit that we think.

The President has had many meeting with Reid and Boehner. But ultimately, this is a Congressional matter. But I think that the President has issued guidance, by refusing to sign anymore temporary extension. BTW, where abouts in SAT?

Umm, Reid is a part of the Congress. And it has to be signed by the Hussein.

I'm on the east side!

I want it to shut down for two reasons:

#1) so the parasites will feel some of the pain that all of us in the private economy have been feeling.

#2) so people will realize how little they really need the federal government.

Here's a great way to make shutting down the government actually save money:

The UNESSENTIAL WORKERS who don't work during the shut down should NOT BE PAID.

See, it's really simple.

Forum List

Back