The Cost Of Nuclear Energy

On the contrary,,,, its cost.....massive cost.......new nukes are ton safer and generate lot less waste which can be recycled.

Nukes safer? You are truly delusional. Look at Japan and Russia. And the legacy of Chernobyl isn't through yet. There is a large area around it that is covered in forest. It is so radioactive that the microbes needed to break down the plant matter are dead. So the plant matter just keeps building up. And when that stuff catches on fire, whit is bound to someday, it is going to release another highly toxic wave of radiation around Russia and Europe.

Also, "new nuclear" is probably as much pie in the sky as hydrogen. And recycling nuclear waste right now is a joke. No doubt it will remain that way for any "new" nuclear plant designs.
You are equating antiques to todays tech......

When technology comes along that can make radioactive things unradioactive, let me know.
You must want the planet to die under ocean rising because of CO2....deniers like you should go to prison

If I was one of those moronic deniers, I wouldn't even be worrying about it. Look at my other thread around here called, "perpetual motion has been around for a long time. Suckers!" Wit what I speak of there, radiation doesn't even come into the equation.
You better worrry cause its getting pushed more and more.....

So, why don't we generate electricity with water?

RGR said:
We do. Its called hydro-electric. They do lots of it in the PacNW, and of course who can forget Hoover dam!

defcon4 said:
Your limited ability to see the reference to water being split via electrolysis to 2H2 and O2 just illustrated what a moron you are.

Read what you wrote. If you meant electrolysis, you should have said so. I recommend that you write better. If the words you use are so vague as to allow multiple interpretations ( and in my case, an even better one) that isn't my fault. It is yours. I just assumed you weren't a moron, and meant the most likely interpretation of how to generate power from water. Forgive my presumption.

Defcon4 said:
The "internal combustion" should have been your clue.

Wouldn't have needed to play game show host if the moron who write it actually wrote what they meant.

defcon4 said:
Your contribution is greatly appreciated, imbecile. Now, you can sit down and STFU.

Are you kidding? A half wit who can't write what they mean doesn't get to lecture, let alone order. Now how about you brush up on some of those remedial writing skills so making you look like that half wit isn't so easy next.
I am not going to argue with imbeciles who are unable to do deductive reasoning. Go read some stuff where you actually need to use your pea brain. Moron.

There are many fools out there who support nuclear energy.

And plenty of real people and countries that aren't fools that actually use it! Nukes are probably a reasonable sized component of our energy future, regardless of your opinion on the quality of those who support it.

it is a well known fact that for most people, whatever happens doesn't really matter. As long as it happens to someone else. So I'm not surprised to run across such a person around here.

"whatever happens doesn't really matter".

What does that mean?

You forgot the second part. "As long as it happens to someone else." Now taken all together, do you still need it explained?
There are many fools out there who support nuclear energy.

And plenty of real people and countries that aren't fools that actually use it! Nukes are probably a reasonable sized component of our energy future, regardless of your opinion on the quality of those who support it.

it is a well known fact that for most people, whatever happens doesn't really matter. As long as it happens to someone else. So I'm not surprised to run across such a person around here.

"whatever happens doesn't really matter".

What does that mean?

You forgot the second part. "As long as it happens to someone else." Taken all together, do you still need what it means explained?

I am not going to argue with imbeciles who are unable to do deductive reasoning. Go read some stuff where you actually need to use your pea brain. Moron.

Well you definitely need to learn to write before you can even pretend to argue with..anyone. After you figure that out, we can begin to work on like..you know...thinking.

Well you definitely need to learn to write before you can even pretend to argue with..anyone. After you figure that out, we can begin to work on like..you know...thinking.
Cool, I'll keep that in mind, moron.

There are many fools out there who support nuclear energy. One of the reasons is because they say it is cost effective. But it takes energy to mine the ore. Then it takes energy to refine the ore into usable uranium. Then it takes energy to build the nuclear plants. Which are so complicated that it is at the fringes of human technical ability to run. And many of the components have to be built so precisely and well that it in itself is a huge burden. One that the nuclear industry has been known to cut corners on.

Then there is the limited lifespans of those costly nuclear plants. Then there is the cost of disposing of nuclear materials. I don't like what the French (and probably others) used to do. (And maybe still do) Which is to sink barrels of the stuff out into the ocean. The least they could have mixed the nuclear materials with cement before putting it into barrels. Then encase the barrels themselves in an appropriately thick layer of cement.

There is also the safety issue with nuclear plants. Bad nuclear accidents may be rare. But when they do happen, humans don't have the ability to print enough money to pay for the cost of cleaning that mess up. Just ask the Russians and Japanese. Then take the amount of time it takes for nuclear waste to become safe. That is a cost we have no right to burden future generations or different future species with. And look at the core of Chernobyl. They say that it is going to remain dangerous for around the next 4 billion years! So anybody who thinks nuclear energy is the way to go needs to get their heads screwed on straight.

Simple hint, if you want to be taken seriously, don't start off insulting the people you want to argue with. Or do that, and be relegated to troll-idiot status.

Enjoy your (probably very short) stay.

Sorry. But I happen to believe in freedom of speech. And if you aren't free to also say insulting things (when called for) you basically aren't free to say anything. In that regard, people at political forums are basically slaves. Told to do what the forums say. But even though they exercise the power of a slave master, I won't behave like a slave.

Who wants to stop you from being an idiot? And this isn't technically a public square, so the mods can unleash teh banhammer if they so choose.

Again, enjoy your probably short stay.

There are many fools out there who support nuclear energy. One of the reasons is because they say it is cost effective. But it takes energy to mine the ore. Then it takes energy to refine the ore into usable uranium. Then it takes energy to build the nuclear plants. Which are so complicated that it is at the fringes of human technical ability to run. And many of the components have to be built so precisely and well that it in itself is a huge burden. One that the nuclear industry has been known to cut corners on.

Then there is the limited lifespans of those costly nuclear plants. Then there is the cost of disposing of nuclear materials. I don't like what the French (and probably others) used to do. (And maybe still do) Which is to sink barrels of the stuff out into the ocean. The least they could have mixed the nuclear materials with cement before putting it into barrels. Then encase the barrels themselves in an appropriately thick layer of cement.

There is also the safety issue with nuclear plants. Bad nuclear accidents may be rare. But when they do happen, humans don't have the ability to print enough money to pay for the cost of cleaning that mess up. Just ask the Russians and Japanese. Then take the amount of time it takes for nuclear waste to become safe. That is a cost we have no right to burden future generations or different future species with. And look at the core of Chernobyl. They say that it is going to remain dangerous for around the next 4 billion years! So anybody who thinks nuclear energy is the way to go needs to get their heads screwed on straight.

Simple hint, if you want to be taken seriously, don't start off insulting the people you want to argue with. Or do that, and be relegated to troll-idiot status.

Sorry. But I happen to believe in freedom of speech. And if you aren't free to also say insulting things (when called for) you basically aren't free to say anything. In that regard, people at political forums are basically slaves. Told to do what the forums say. But even though they exercise the power of a slave master, I won't behave like a slave.

Who wants to stop you from being an idiot? And this isn't technically a public square, so the mods can unleash teh banhammer if they so choose.

I don't think anybody could stop you from being an idiot. And banning me wouldn't change that. Too bad for you.

Well, that depends on whether or not you have one, right? So far you appear incapable of USING one, and a bot can call people names. Are you a bot? Alternatively, you are just someone who can't write they mean, or think I suppose.

Well, that depends on whether or not you have one, right? So far you appear incapable of USING one, and a bot can call people names. Are you a bot? Alternatively, you are just someone who can't write they mean, or think I suppose.
Uh.. a fighter. Fighting for the last word in the matter. I give it to you imbecile, you can have it. Go with peace now, what a moron! :badgrin:

Are you a bot? Alternatively, you are just someone who can't write they mean, or think I suppose.
Uh.. a fighter.,

Uh...no. A little bit'o engineer, with a dash of scientist and a sprinkle of economist nowadays.

defcon4 said:
Fighting for the last word in the matter. I give it to you imbecile, you can have it. Go with peace now, what a moron! :badgrin:

I repeat my question. Are you a bot? Or just..stu-stu-stu-stupid?

Are you a bot? Alternatively, you are just someone who can't write they mean, or think I suppose.
Uh.. a fighter.,

Uh...no. A little bit'o engineer, with a dash of scientist and a sprinkle of economist nowadays.

defcon4 said:
Fighting for the last word in the matter. I give it to you imbecile, you can have it. Go with peace now, what a moron! :badgrin:

I told you that you got the last word, didn't I? Why are you still fighting?
Everybody, listen up!!!! RGR wins with the last word. What an imbecile, are you satisfied now?

I don't think anybody could stop you from being an idiot. And banning me wouldn't change that. Too bad for you.

Still here noob?

What you "tell" someone, assuming it is as flawed as your original statement (not understanding hydro power, what kind of bot/moron doesn't know that?), might not be what you think it is, as you have previously demonstrated. And I'm not fighting, I asked a question which you appear to be avoiding. As a bot would. A poorly designed one at that I might venture.

defcon4 said:
Everybody, listen up!!!! RGR wins with the last word. What an imbecile, are you satisfied now?

See paragraph above. Did your designer program in the need to call everyone names after you got caught not writing what you mean? Or weren't programmed to understand hydropower, I don't think it is obvious which of those options is most likely yet.

What you "tell" someone, assuming it is as flawed as your original statement (not understanding hydro power, what kind of bot/moron doesn't know that?), might not be what you think it is, as you have previously demonstrated. And I'm not fighting, I asked a question which you appear to be avoiding. As a bot would. A poorly designed one at that I might venture.

defcon4 said:

See paragraph above. Did your designer program in the need to call everyone names after you got caught not writing what you mean? Or weren't programmed to understand hydropower, I don't think it is obvious which of those options is most likely yet.
Seems like a cat fight to me.....based on avatars. The last word is yours!!! You won!!!!!!!!! :itsok:

Seems like a cat fight to me.....based on avatars. The last word is yours!!! You won!!!!!!!!! :itsok:

You can't have a cat fight with a bot. And I know.

You can't have a cat fight with a bot. And I know.
warning-sign.jpg

Forum List

Back