The Cost and Benefits of the Cap and Trade Bill...

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Benefit: The expected warming in the next hundred years is estimated to be about 0.50 degree Fahrenheit per decade, and the new bill is estimated to lower global temperatures by about 0.18 degree Fahrenheit by 2100

Cost: By 2025, just 16 years from now, the cost of natural gas would rise 56%, electricity 44% and motor fuel 19%. Annual household purchasing power would annually decline by an average of $1,827. And America will lose 3.2 million jobs.

What the hell is wrong with these people????

The Big Chill - WSJ.com

I don't understand how natural gas goes up 56% and fuel only 19% considering they usually go hand in hand. Also you do realize that last summer my family as a producer was getting paid 15$+ per MCF of natural gas which is lower than the market price btw. The last I saw the price of NG it was around 4$. It seems to me that in one year NG prices decreased by 75% or so. Also if we can trust this estimate that NG prices will jump 56% that would make the price 6 or 7 dollars, still not even half the price it was last year.

my point being if no one complained last year, why are they going to complain in 16 years?

I don't understand how natural gas goes up 56% and fuel only 19% considering they usually go hand in hand. Also you do realize that last summer my family as a producer was getting paid 15$+ per MCF of natural gas which is lower than the market price btw. The last I saw the price of NG it was around 4$. It seems to me that in one year NG prices decreased by 75% or so. Also if we can trust this estimate that NG prices will jump 56% that would make the price 6 or 7 dollars, still not even half the price it was last year.

my point being if no one complained last year, why are they going to complain in 16 years?

I hear what you are saying but these are projected results from just this bill... It doesn't take into consideration anything else that forces the price up... Hopefully it doesn't pass. Seems dumb to punish our economy and let every other economy continue what they are doing... It's just going to force companies to leave the country.. :(

Why do you think office space in Hong Kong is rising nearly as fast as it fell? And please note most of the CO2 shrinkage will come as a result of stagnant or worse economic growth.

The cost will be a decline in the quality of life, possible for generations.

The benefits are uncertain.

As is the risk if we do nothing.

What a revolting development this is, eh?

The cost will be a decline in the quality of life, possible for generations.

The benefits are uncertain.

As is the risk if we do nothing.

What a revolting development this is, eh?

What is the risk if we do nothing again?

So let me get this right... We reduce CO2 and when all of the jobs move to China they increase CO2.... so we have the same amount in the air yet our economy and jobs go south and China's goes up...

Is it just me or does this sound like the dumbest thing ever????

Forum List

Back