The Corruption of Biblical Studies

We are discussing your inability to argue sensibly, Picaro, not the blog.

Yes, you're avoiding the blog entirely, we know that and it's already noted, Jake. We know you can't really discuss anything, you don't have the reading skills or the attention span necessary.
You have already stumbled and fallen splat on your arguments, Picaro. You have neither the language, logic, nor symbols to convince anyone that you grok about what you babble.

Poor Jake, can only 'post last', with nothing but gibberish.

The Bishops in later first century CE in Italy and North Africa certainly would have used Latin and possibly Greek.

We can only wonder why Hebrew was not the dominate language of Galilee, Samaria, Judea, etc. in the first century.

lol lol lol ... few people 'wonder' about it, just you and Jake, is all.

I have noticed changes in the Jewish history on the net, esp on Wikipedia. I read an article that they have trained Israelites in Israel to edit WIKI articles, bias in their favor.

Oh my, you READ AN ARTICLE, did you??? Well, that settles it, then. lol
We can only wonder why Hebrew was not the dominate language of Galilee, Samaria, Judea, etc. in the first century.

I have noticed changes in the Jewish history on the net, esp on Wikipedia. I read an article that they have trained Israelites in Israel to edit WIKI articles, bias in their favor.

ABDALLAH IBN SABA:
By: Hartwig Hirschfeld
A Jew of Yemen, Arabia, of the seventh century, who settled in Medina and embraced Islam. Having adversely criticized Calif Othman's administration, he was banished from the town. Thence he went to Egypt, where he founded an antiothmanian sect, to promote the interests of Ali. On account of his learning he obtained great influence there, and formulated the doctrine that, just as every prophet had an assistant who afterward succeeded him, Mohammed's vizier was Ali, who had therefore been kept out of the califate by deceit. Othman had no legal claim whatever to the califate; and the general dissatisfaction with his government greatly contributed to the spread of Abdallah's teachings. Tradition relates that when Ali had assumed power, Abdallah ascribed divine honors to him by addressing him with the words, "Thou art Thou!" Thereupon Ali banished him to Madain. After Ali's assassination Abdallah is said to have taught that Ali was not dead but alive, and had never been killed; that a part of the Deity was hidden in him; and that after a certain time he would return to fill the earth with justice. Till then the divine character of Ali was to remain hidden in the imams, who temporarily filled his place. It is easy to see that the whole idea rests on that of the Messiah in combination with the legend of Elijah the prophet. The attribution of divine honors to Ali was probably but a later development, and was fostered by the circumstance that in the Koran Allah is often styled "Al-Ali" (The Most High).

Bibliography:
  • Shatrastani al-Milal, pp. 132 et seq. (in Haarbrücken's translation, i. 200-201);
  • Weil, Gesch. der Chalifen, i. 173-174, 209, 259.

Did I mention from the Jewish encly.

I am sure Moses did not write the Torah , it took him long to carve the commandments in the stones.

So now genius, why did the jews speak Aramaic in the first century?

lol this is irrelevant rubbish; you do know that Islam didn't come along in the 1st century, and has shit to do with Aramaic speaking in the Palestine region, right?

You clearly don't know squat, either. You and Jake can share a rubber room.

The Bishops in later first century CE in Italy and North Africa certainly would have used Latin and possibly Greek.

That's what I said, Jake; copying me doesn't fool anybody into thinking you know anything, Jake.

Well. 1st century Bishops sure did a number on Latin. Ha. Mst be nice to create your own version of it. It makes one the best teacher because nobody understands enough to ask questions. Boss!

What are you babbling about? The only 'bishops' using Latin were a handful in North Africa in the '1st century', so your post makes no sense to anybody except conspiratards and probably Jake.= and Rosie.

Google Latin:
-----------------------------------------
Latin (Latin: lingua latīna, IPA: [ˈlɪŋɡʷa laˈtiːna]) is a classical language belonging to the Italic branch of the Indo-European languages. The Latin alphabet is derived from the Etruscan and Greek alphabets, and ultimately from the Phoenician alphabet.

Latin was originally spoken in Latium, in the Italian Peninsula.[3] Through the power of the Roman Republic, it became the dominant language, initially in Italy and subsequently throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin developed into the Romance languages, such as Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, French, and Romanian. Latin, Greek, and French have contributed many words to the English language. In particular, Latin and Ancient Greek roots are used in theology, biology, science, medicine, and law.

What I was saying is that the 1st century Bishops created their own form of Latin, Penelope. And they were the only ones who could understand it. And, of course, they were able to pretty much teach what they wanted without fear of anyone asking questions.

Well. 1st century Bishops sure did a number on Latin. Ha. Mst be nice to create your own version of it. It makes one the best teacher because nobody understands enough to ask questions. Boss!

What are you babbling about? The only 'bishops' using Latin were a handful in North Africa in the '1st century', so your post makes no sense to anybody except conspiratards and probably Jake.= and Rosie.

Google Latin:
Latin (Latin: lingua latīna, IPA: [ˈlɪŋɡʷa laˈtiːna]) is a classical language belonging to the Italic branch of the Indo-European languages. The Latin alphabet is derived from the Etruscan and Greek alphabets, and ultimately from the Phoenician alphabet.

Latin was originally spoken in Latium, in the Italian Peninsula.[3] Through the power of the Roman Republic, it became the dominant language, initially in Italy and subsequently throughout the Roman Empire. Vulgar Latin developed into the Romance languages, such as Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, French, and Romanian. Latin, Greek, and French have contributed many words to the English language. In particular, Latin and Ancient Greek roots are used in theology, biology, science, medicine, and law.

The 1st century Latin bishops certainly did not write as did Cicero or Caesar.

ABDALLAH IBN SABA:
A Jew of Yemen, Arabia, of the seventh century, who settled in Medina and embraced Islam. Having adversely criticized Calif Othman's administration, he was banished from the town. Thence he went to Egypt, where he founded an antiothmanian sect, to promote the interests of Ali. On account of his learning he obtained great influence there, and formulated the doctrine that, just as every prophet had an assistant who afterward succeeded him, Mohammed's vizier was Ali, who had therefore been kept out of the califate by deceit. Othman had no legal claim whatever to the califate; and the general dissatisfaction with his government greatly contributed to the spread of Abdallah's teachings. Tradition relates that when Ali had assumed power, Abdallah ascribed divine honors to him by addressing him with the words, "Thou art Thou!" Thereupon Ali banished him to Madain. After Ali's assassination Abdallah is said to have taught that Ali was not dead but alive, and had never been killed; that a part of the Deity was hidden in him; and that after a certain time he would return to fill the earth with justice. Till then the divine character of Ali was to remain hidden in the imams, who temporarily filled his place. It is easy to see that the whole idea rests on that of the Messiah in combination with the legend of Elijah the prophet. The attribution of divine honors to Ali was probably but a later development, and was fostered by the circumstance that in the Koran Allah is often styled "Al-Ali" (The Most High).

Bibliography:
  • Shatrastani al-Milal, pp. 132 et seq. (in Haarbrücken's translation, i. 200-201);

I am sure Moses did not write the Torah , it took him long to carve the commandments in the stones.

lol this is irrelevant rubbish; you do know that Islam didn't come along in the 1st century, and has shit to do with Aramaic speaking in the Palestine region, right?

Now look up Hebrew:
----------------------------------------------
Hebrew is the only living Canaanite language left, and the only truly successful example of a revived dead language
------------------------------------
revived when the Canaanite oops I mean Jews moved to Palestine.

ABDALLAH IBN SABA:

Bibliography:

You can't reply sensibly to Penelope's posts. She drive you before as a mouse scurries before a fox. Yes, Latin was the common language of Italy and North Africa in the 1st century CE.

She's just throwing out rubbish, attempting to confuse the issue and hoping nobody notices she doesn't know squat, like you, Jake.

There was no official Latin version of any biblical books until Jerome wrote one, in the 4th Century, so Latin was largely irrelevant, and the NT translations into Latin came for the Greek manuscripts.

As for Aramiac, it's as old as Hebrew. Aramaic was the spoken language of the common people and in public use, Hebrew was largely reserved for priests, to pass on the oral traditions via religion education, reserved to only few people and some of the noble caste. Early Hebrew had no vowels, which is why the old versions are so tough to translate into other languages.

Now that we know Jake and Penelope are morons, maybe somebody with genuine interest would care to comment, and just ignore the trolls trying to close the thread because they can't participate in real discussions.

Last edited:
What I was saying is that the 1st century Bishops created their own form of Latin, Penelope. And they were the only ones who could understand it. And, of course, they were able to pretty much teach what they wanted without fear of anyone asking questions.

Google Latin:

I agree, the Vulgate, but it was not done on purpose , I remember after Vatican II they started speaking English, and different languages according to the area they were in. We had missals in English so it was not a big deal.
Actually the RCC teaches about the same as it always taught.

ABDALLAH IBN SABA:

Bibliography:

You can't reply sensibly to Penelope's posts. She drive you before as a mouse scurries before a fox. Yes, Latin was the common language of Italy and North Africa in the 1st century CE.

She's just throwing out rubbish, attempting to confuse the issue and hoping nobody notices she doesn't know squat, like you, Jake.

Why attack us, why not explain your OP , summarize it.

They only thing they would have in Latin would be personal notes. They would have been using the Greek texts for the most part in services, even in Rome. They would use Latin verbally, to explain to non-Greek speakers the Greek texts.

They didn't 'fear' telling it as it was written, this is just imaginary conspiracy nonsense.

ABDALLAH IBN SABA:

Bibliography:

Take your own advice.

They only thing they would have in Latin would be personal notes. They would have been using the Greek texts for the most part in services, even in Rome. They would use Latin verbally, to explain to non-Greek speakers the Greek texts.

They didn't 'fear' telling it as it was written, this is just imaginary conspiracy nonsense.

It was written that there were apostles who were female. And that's the Word. Well...unless one might be a 1st century Bishop.

People would likely crap their pants if they knew what that chalis really symbolized. Ha.

ABDALLAH IBN SABA:

Bibliography:

Take your own advice.

I guess you can't.

[

As for Aramiac, it's as old as Hebrew. Aramaic was the spoken language of the common people and in public use, Hebrew was largely reserved for priests, to pass on the oral traditions via religion education, reserved to only few people and some of the noble caste. Early Hebrew had no vowels, which is why the old versions are so tough to translate into other languages.

Modern Hebrew does not have vowels either. There exists notation to help with pronunciation, but they are confined to printed material for students or people whose first language is not Hebrew. Everything else is vowel-less.

New Topics

Forum List

Back