The Correlation between Low IQ and Racial Prejudice

It's preposterous to link conservatism with low intelligence because a study suggests liberals are more likely to have brains that have a larger anterior cingulate cortex while conservatives have larger amygdalas and the structural differences point to a greater ability of liberals to cope with conflicting information and a greater ability of conservatives to recognize a threat. How people use their brains results in the ideological differences between liberals and conservatives and there is no direct co-relations with their IQ scores.

The study doesn't imply that American conservatives are more likely to be stupid. It's a study that was conducted in Great Britain, and the terms are not interchangeable with American terms. Secondly, you've gotten it backwards.

What the researchers found was that people with lower IQs were more likely to hold what they defined to be socially conservative beliefs and racist views. I don't agree with how they structured the questions around social conservativism, however, the questions around racial views were much less problematic. In no way does the study make characterizations of the overall population who adhere to conservativism.

Based upon the way the research was conducted, it was clear that the people who were surveyed who had lower intelligence levels were also more likely to acknowledge disliking and feeling uncomfortable around people of other races, and holding racist views. You've attempted to imply that the study takes it from the other direction, and that's probably because you didn't read the OP very carefully.

Last edited:
The man in the photo?

He's not white, kids.

Most Jews are racially white, you dumb fuck.

Most Jews do not identify with white gentiles. They see themselves as a separate group. This is so not just culturally, but genetically. They not only don't identify with white gentiles, they have demonstrated high levels of hostility toward them down through the ages.

The key word there isnt 'white' but 'gentile'.

And the Jewish community has a long history of building ties witht he gentile community that surrounded them, else they would not have survived to our time.

"My speculation is that it's not as simple as their model presents it," Nosek said. "I think that lower cognitive capacity can lead to multiple simple ways to represent the world, and one of those can be embodied in a right-wing ideology where 'People I don't know are threats' and 'The world is a dangerous place'. ... Another simple way would be to just assume everybody is wonderful."

Which is kind of where we are now. We think "everybody is wonderful", yet the reality conflicts with that.

You also have to wonder about how useful this "intelligence" is, when it gets you killed. "I'm not racist against blacks, so I'm going to wander around Harlem after dark." Sure, go for it.

I think there are different manifestations of racism, some of which aren't pretty. I call this "instinctive" racism, as opposed to "considered" racism (the kind I maintain). But the existence of the one doesn't delegitimize the other... rape is an ugly manifestation of sex, but without sex, we'd all be dead.

Harlem is mostly white now you dumb fuck.:cuckoo:

I wondered about this and did some Googling.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/06/nyregion/06harlem.html?pagewanted=all

The man in the photo?

He's not white, kids.

He's Jewish.

But are you seriously disputing the assertion about a mostly black area?

Let's try East New York, then.

Wander there after dark.

Dumb fuck.

There has been an influx of whites into Harlem in the previous years and Harlem is no longer the crime ridden slum it has been known to be in the past you stupid cocksucking faggot.

Forum List

Back