The Corporate takeover of NYs subway system

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
"partnership council"
New York Governor Cuomo calls on private sector to help fix subways
NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Thursday called on the private sector to help improve New York City's aging subway system, saying business and civic organizations could each contribute $250,000 to join a "partnership council" and clean up dirty, decrepit areas.

He said firms including BlackRock, Estee Lauder and Blackstone already agreed to contribute the funds, and that companies could "adopt a station" to help fund cleaning, art or even wireless internet service for additional contributions up to $600,000.

Such an approach could open the door to subway stations branded with corporate names.

"We want to bring the private sector in as a full partner," Cuomo told the Association for a Better New York in a breakfast speech.

You guys remember this?
Week 21: The Corporate Takeover of Our National Parks
:lol:

Last edited:
Come on leftists. Come bash that corporatist Cuomo who dont have your interests at heart :lol:

"partnership council"
NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Governor Andrew Cuomo on Thursday called on the private sector to help improve New York City's aging subway system, saying business and civic organizations could each contribute $250,000 to join a "partnership council" and clean up dirty, decrepit areas.

He said firms including BlackRock, Estee Lauder and Blackstone already agreed to contribute the funds, and that companies could "adopt a station" to help fund cleaning, art or even wireless internet service for additional contributions up to $600,000.

Such an approach could open the door to subway stations branded with corporate names.

"We want to bring the private sector in as a full partner," Cuomo told the Association for a Better New York in a breakfast speech.

You guys remember this?

Considering how many advertisements are already in the subway system I don't find this to be an issue.

You don't see the difference between the subway and national parks?
Well, i would say trees, but i wouldnt doubt them growing down there :lol:

Let me guess - you've never ridden the subway in New York before.

I will try to explain the difference using the smallest words I can.

The subway is not natural. It was built by humans. There is no need to "preserve" it's state - in fact, it was designed to be updated, modified, repaired and advanced.

National parks, on the other hand, were designed to prevent modification.

"partnership council"

You guys remember this?

Considering how many advertisements are already in the subway system I don't find this to be an issue.
me either

The subway is not natural. It was built by humans. There is no need to "preserve" it's state - in fact, it was designed to be updated, modified, repaired and advanced.

No, they were designed to allow americans to enjoy nature's bounty while preserving the overall nature of the location.

So setting aside some land for a private group to run a concession for profit to enable more people to go to these parks in comfort isn't a big thing.

I've been to the Furnace Creek Ranch in Death Valley, a private resort in the middle of the park. I don't see how the 0.000001% of the land it takes up ruins the rest of the park.

Plus I had some really good boneless hot wings and a beer there.

Ah wrong! National parks were created to encourage propagation. To preserve something is to stifle all growth or evolution. You really should invest in a dictionary!

Ah wrong! National parks were created to encourage propagation. To preserve something is to stifle all growth or evolution. You really should invest in a dictionary!
"Organic Act" states that "the Service thus established shall promote and regulate the use of the Federal areas known as national parks, monuments and reservations…by such means and measures as conform to the fundamental purpose of the said parks, monuments and reservations, which purpose is to conserve the scenery and the natural and historic objects and the wild life therein and to provide for the enjoyment of the same in such manner and by such means as will leave them unimpaired for the enjoyment of future generations."

Right? Look how they fucked up Central Park with that shit!

Forum List

Back