The contradiction of conservative morality

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
This is one of the best examples I can find of how the social conservatives act:

In response to a question from a television reporter, Palin also talked about some of the ongoing drama surrounding her family. Levi Johnston said during an interview on CBS’s “Early Show” that he moved into the governor’s house a few weeks before Bristol Palin gave birth to their child.

"I know the truth about my family. I know details about whether Levi Johnston was allowed to live with my teenage daughter or not. By the way, it would be over my dead body that a kid would live with my teenage daughter," Palin said.

Levi Johnston calls Sarah Palin 'snobby' .:. NewKerala - India 's Top Online Newspaper

Now, if you remember a few months back, Sarah Palin was going around and telling everyone that the two of them would be getting married soon. So, two teenagers fool around, and one gets pregnant. So Palin wanted to force these two kids, who obviously weren't ready, into a marriage. And that's moral.

But when two people who ARE ready to get married and who love each other and want to get married, the conservatives say that's immoral.

Thank you conservatives for the most confusing moral rule of all time.

This is one of the best examples I can find of how the social conservatives act:

In response to a question from a television reporter, Palin also talked about some of the ongoing drama surrounding her family. Levi Johnston said during an interview on CBS’s “Early Show” that he moved into the governor’s house a few weeks before Bristol Palin gave birth to their child.

"I know the truth about my family. I know details about whether Levi Johnston was allowed to live with my teenage daughter or not. By the way, it would be over my dead body that a kid would live with my teenage daughter," Palin said.

Levi Johnston calls Sarah Palin 'snobby' .:. NewKerala - India 's Top Online Newspaper

Now, if you remember a few months back, Sarah Palin was going around and telling everyone that the two of them would be getting married soon. So, two teenagers fool around, and one gets pregnant. So Palin wanted to force these two kids, who obviously weren't ready, into a marriage. And that's moral.

But when two people who ARE ready to get married and who love each other and want to get married, the conservatives say that's immoral.

Isn't great how you can pigeonhole all conservatives based upon what Ms Palin does?
Yay you.

Isn't great how you can pigeonhole all conservatives based upon what Ms Palin does?
Yay you.

Generally speaking, yes, thank God for Sarah Palin.

Posts about this wreched woman are like devining rods to show us who the conservatives who are ALSO fools are.

Rush provides us with that same benefit to the commonweal.

Yay you.

Generally speaking, yes, thank God for Sarah Palin.

Posts about this wreched woman are like devining rods to show us who the conservatives who are ALSO fools are.

Rush provides us with that same benefit to the commonweal.

Does Sen. Robert Byrd provide you with the same valuable ammunition?

Um, last I checked, "live with" and "married" were two different terms.
How is getting married immoral? Please explain.

Did you actually read what I wrote? They never wanted to be married! They didn't love each other and Mrs. Sarah "you betcha" Palin wanted to force them to be married because it was the "traditional" way of doing things. What conservatives forget is that tradition changes over time. But according to them, it doesn't.

If you are ready to have sex with someone and create life, then you are ready to marry and raise that life. If you arent ready for the responsibility, dont invite the consequences that bring the responsibility.

You people seem to think marriage is just some fad people who are in love jump into when they are "ready". No wonder marriages fail so much.

Did you actually read what I wrote? They never wanted to be married! They didn't love each other and Mrs. Sarah "you betcha" Palin wanted to force them to be married because it was the "traditional" way of doing things. What conservatives forget is that tradition changes over time. But according to them, it doesn't.

So who cares? You've got NO problem with what homosexuals do in the privacy of their own homes, right? How about applying the same standard to EVERYONE?

Sarah Palin is just as entitled to her beliefs as you are yours.

What you lefties forget is that tradition changing over time with justification is not a problem. Traditions don't change themselves.

Tearing down tradition for the sake of tearing it down is what the left is all about, and that IS a problem. And THAT of course would be the hypocrisy of leftist "morality." You're trying to do EXACTLY what you accuse conservatives of doing. The only difference is the respective moral standard.

So basically we are going to spend the rest of the day comparing apples and oranges so you can make spurious claims about conservative morality. Nice job David. This is almost as retarded as your earlier claim that Obama should go to a non-existent tax exempt shelter to get a dog for his kids...

Thank you conservatives for the most confusing moral rule of all time.[/QUOTE]

Another possibility is that her daughter told her that they would get married and she believed her daughter and supported her decision. As soon as her daughter reversed the choice, she believed and supported that decision. Kids are not a real dependable group when it comes to sticking to plans.

I found that demanding a grown up response from my kid was just unfair. Not enough scars to fear the blade. About all a parent can do is love them. Usually, that will be enough. When it's not, get ready to write a check. Then continue to love them.

The so-called conservatives will say, "don't pigeon hole us."

That basically means, "We don't want to be conservative in every way, just in some ways. We want to party, to have pre-marital sex, drink lots of alcohol, live with our girlfriends, gamble, drive drunk, disbelieve in God, but dang it, we want to be called conservatives."

Facts are facts. Anyone can be a Democrat or Republican.

Only those who actually live a conservative lifestyle are conservative.

Having a socially liberal lifestyle (drinking, pre-marital sex, avoiding God, etc.) is like having sex with the same gender but expecting everyone to take you seriously when you call yourself straight.

It don't float.

Either you are conservative or not. There is no middle ground.

If you live a liberal lifestyle, you ARE a liberal.

And, yes, it really is that simple. This debate is over.

That basically means, "We don't want to be conservative in every way, just in some ways. We want to party, to have pre-marital sex, drink lots of alcohol, live with our girlfriends, gamble, drive drunk, disbelieve in God, but dang it, we want to be called conservatives."

Having a socially liberal lifestyle (drinking, pre-marital sex, avoiding God, etc.) is like having sex with the same gender but expecting everyone to take you seriously when you call yourself straight.

It don't float.

And, yes, I really am this simple. This debate is pointless.

fixed that for you.
no need to thank me, virtue is its own reward.

It don't float.

Thanks for explaining the facts of life to me, I was so confused before you showed up.

DavidS is the kind of moron that reads that the temp. in Paris is 60 degrees and concludes from that, his house in Reno needs to be painted...

Not Sarah Palin nor anyone else was "forcing" someone to get married....and Conservatives never said its always immoral for a couple in love to get married....

Assuming the "couple" is not a six year old and 60 year old, or two men or some other such oddity....though it may be normal in some cultures, it certainly doesn't have to be accepted by every culture....whats "moral" to people is for them to decide for themselves...and not for DavidS to decide for us...

And Palin and Johnson not agreeing on the details of the living arrangements is irrelevant .....

It don't float.

Bullshit. No one is an absolute. You might be that simple, but the issue isn't.

The fact that you take a stance at all on an issue which means you believe in something is in and of itself conservative in nature.

What's liberal about YOUR comment? Nothing. You are passing judgment on others. That is not a tenet of liberalism. A true liberal wouldn't be passing judgment on anyone so long it didn't affect them.

Hypocrisy is not a tenet of conservatism. It's a tenet of people.

I think the real problem here is you are in dire need of a dictionary since you basically just don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

Ol Sarah really gets to people, the election is long over, why do you care what she does?

i think you mistake ridicule for "get[ting] to people". Anytime Sawwah Bawwacuda wants to fade away into the wood work and not get her name into the papers every day, I figure you can expect people to stop commenting on her. As long as she's prepping for a 2012 run, I figure she's fair comment.

It don't float.

what on earth are you babbling about?

Forum List

Back