The Continuing Collapse of the LMSM

CrusaderFrank

Diamond Member
May 20, 2009
A year ago, I predicted that within 5 years, the Times and WaPost would only be available online and the "Big 3 Networks" would collapse into one LMSM Station, especially since they all parrot the exact same Dem Party line.

That they continue to damage their credibility is an added feature, like throwing bricks downhill in an avalanche.

CBSNews continues to tumble downhill and the prospects are no better for either NBC or ABC. There is no need for three "News" stations to squawk Dem Talking Point.

DRUDGE: COURIC FACES PAY CUT; DEEP LAYOFFS HIT CBSNEWS

Last edited:
DRUDGE: COURIC FACES PAY CUT; DEEP LAYOFFS HIT CBSNEWS

COURIC FACES PAY CUT; DEEP LAYOFFS HIT CBSNEWS
Wed Feb 03 2010 09:11:21 ET

CBSNEWS anchorwoman and 60 MINUTES contributor Katie Couric faces a dramatic pay cut at the network, insiders tell the DRUDGE REPORT.

CBS boss Les Moonves is determined to save money and trim expenses -- from top to bottom -- at the former crown jewel of broadcasting.

Couric, the highest paid TV news personality in history, commands over $14 million a year, plus bumps for non-EVENING NEWS appearances.

But her salary is now in the direct line of fire, network insiders explain, and a populist backlash against Couric's cash is said to be forming inside the newsroom.

"She makes enough to pay 200 news reporters $75,000 a year!" demands a veteran producer. "It's complete insanity."

The angry source continues: "We report with great enthusiasm how much bankers are making, how it is out of step with reality during a recession. We'll, look at Katie!"

MORE

Couric's $300,000 a week paycheck has become the obsession of disgruntled CBS staff, just as deep layoffs rock the fishbowl.

Dozens of employees -- including staff members in D.C., San Francisco, Miami, London, Los Angeles and Moscow -- are being let go, the NEW YORK OBSERVER reports.

Couric's current CBS contract expires next year.

Developing...

EDITOR'S NOTE: Former CBS News anchor Dan Rather called on President Barack Obama to form a White House commission to help save the press. Tears welled in the lifelong reporter’s eyes as he discussed the dwindling number of war correspondents.

No worries. The Obama campaign already paid her in the last election cycle to make up for any decrease in salary.

Okay ... I'm seeing this whole 'merged' thing first-hand.
I'd just like to state for the record, I did a search of threads before I started mine on Katie.

FOX should make a bid for her, put'em all in one spot, they are "Fair & Balanced" right? Gotta employ the good with the bad, the competent with the incompetent, the useful and the useless.......and on 'n' on.............. But being 'Fox Free' myself, I don't care what she or they do.
Let's think, what would we call her new program on Fox? Any ideas?

My question is ... WILL Ms. Couric take that cut in pay? Or will she leave. If she does leave, where the hell is she going to go?

If she's smart she will be on a beach somewhere sipping a few Margueritas. Then she can laugh herself all the way to the bank. Thats what I'd do.

I have never seen her. (My TV went out way back in the day when Dan did the news. I didn't watch him either)

The job of a TV anchor is to bring in viewers to watch the product. She is not performing. She can be replaced by someone who can do the job. They will have dozens of really sharp folks who are willing to do that for a lot less than 14mil plus.

Firing the guys on the front line so you can keep the eye candy does not make for a good product. They should concentrated on the other reporters and replace the anchor.

If they don't have reporters in Moscow, what is the point of the network?

Forum List

Back