The Content Of His (Obama's) Character (or lack of it)

Listening

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2011
The Obama campaign’s desperate “felony” charge against Mitt Romney ought to serve as a wake-up call for the Romney campaign and for the American public regarding the utter amorality of the president and his functionaries. Although the jejune Boston Globe story was quickly debunked, that of course won’t stop them from pounding home the Big Lie that Romney continued to run Bain in 1999 while he was saving the Winter Olympics as long as it’s useful and “fits the narrative.” Here’s why:

All’s fair in love and war — so what if the charge is untrue?
No one will remember it next week anyway, least of all:
The protective media, which will give Barry & Co. a pass. Because, hey, see points one and two above.
The larger issue is the willingness — indeed, the enthusiasm — of the administration to tactically lie at this point in the campaign, smear the opposition, and demand the release of more documents in effort to keep Romney on the defensive.

As Victor has pointed out, this is chutzpah on steroids coming from a man about whom we still know next to nothing. Except the content of his character, which grows increasingly clearer and more distressing day by day.

The Content Of His Character - By Michael Walsh - The Corner - National Review Online

I think this fits right in with the Obama not being able to energize his base. The polls can't reflect how many people will not vote simply because they don't have the energy to put up wit thist crapp.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Obama's character is that of a fraud. His books are lies. His schoolastic records are lies. His family stories are lies. This man will go down in history as the first authentic fraud to be elected President.

Listening and Buford are not helping Romney by telling lies about Obama, who can be legitimately confronted on many fronts.

Back off the silliness, gang.

Listening and Buford are not helping Romney by telling lies about Obama, who can be legitimately confronted on many fronts.

Instead of your blatherous pontificating, why don't you explain how this is going to help Obama with indes. Seems he is losing them pretty good and this will only more of them reason to slide out from under David Axelrod's fat ass.

You two are blathering. Stop it. Attack Obama on legitimate non-extremist fronts. Get to it.

I don't know if Romney actually has committed a felony. If he has i am sure the SEC will be pushed to go after him, but like every immoral thing mittens does he is normally within the letter of the law. I don't think misrepresenting yourself to the people of the united states to cover up your outsourcing and deliberate bankrupting of american companies for profit is a felony as his public statements are not sworn statements. It is also why he probably doesn't want the public to see his records as he probably was very accurate in that he was part of Bain when he claims to the people that he wasn't. I don't think it is illegal, but it speaks volumes about his motives and reliability. It also shows him as dishonest and sneaky, but we already knew that. Well, you don't but you are certainly unreliable, sneaky, deceptive, and a confirmed liar yourself.

If there is an actual felony charge there Obama should wait until late august to play that card to it's full extent and have Romney charged. Americans have shitty memories, and you would want that right up in front of them when voting. plus it gives the republicans almost no chance to recover from it. I doubt there is much there that they can do legally as I have confidence that romney knows where the legal line was and did not lie to the SEC, and is only lying to the people.

Buford, you can't find your ass with an ass sniffing patrol dog and a compass and a LURP unit.

Stay on track, please.

Buford, you can't find your ass with an ass sniffing patrol dog and a compass and a LURP unit.

Stay on track, please.

And you're a damn liar. Tossing around your lying accusations and then walking away muttering to yourself. Pissant coward.

Last edited:
I told my accusations straight to you, son.

Quit whining, and get on track.

First off, admit you are lying.

The Obama campaign’s desperate “felony” charge against Mitt Romney ought to serve as a wake-up call for the Romney campaign and for the American public regarding the utter amorality of the president and his functionaries. Although the jejune Boston Globe story was quickly debunked, that of course won’t stop them from pounding home the Big Lie that Romney continued to run Bain in 1999 while he was saving the Winter Olympics as long as it’s useful and “fits the narrative."
Not only was the Globe story not debunked, it has been backed up by the pathological liar Willard's own sworn testimony in proving his residency to run for governor.

Mitt Romney's Own 2002 Testimony Undermines Bain Departure Claim

WASHINGTON -- Mitt Romney's repeated claim that he played no part in executive decision-making related to Bain Capital after 1999 is false, according to Romney's own testimony in June 2002, in which he admitted to sitting on the board of the LifeLike Co., a dollmaker that was a Bain investment during the period.
Romney has consistently insisted that he was too busy organizing the 2002 Winter Olympics to take part in Bain business between 1999 and that event. But in the testimony, which was provided to The Huffington Post, Romney noted that he regularly traveled back to Massachusetts. "[T]here were a number of social trips and business trips that brought me back to Massachusetts, board meetings, Thanksgiving and so forth," he said.
Romney's sworn testimony was given as part of a hearing to determine whether he had sufficient residency status in Massachusetts to run for governor.
Romney testified that he "remained on the board of the Staples Corporation and Marriott International, the LifeLike Corporation" at the time.

Snip/

Romney's sworn testimony appears to back up the SEC filings and contradict his personal disclosure forms submitted to Massachusetts officials in 2002, in which he said that he retired from Bain on Feb. 11, 1999. Romney's lawyer at the Massachusetts hearing said that Romney's work in the private sector continued "unabated" while he ran the Olympics: "He succeeded in that three-year period in restoring confidence in the Olympic Games, closing that disastrous deficit and staging one of the most successful Olympic Games ever to occur on U.S. soil. Now while all that was going on, very much in the public eye, what happened to his private and public ties to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts? And the answer is they continued unabated just as they had."

Instead of leaving in 1999, Romney suggested in his testimony that he only left Bain after the Olympics in 2002: “I left on the basis of a leave of absence indicating that I, by virtue of that title, would return at the end of the Olympics to my employment at Bain Capital, but subsequently decided not to do so and entered into a departure agreement with my former partners. I use that in the colloquial sense, not legal sense, but my former partners."
The opening statement delivered by Romney's lawyer in the 2002 hearing said Romney "continued to serve on the board of directors of a significant Massachusetts company and to return here for most of its board meetings."

I told my accusations straight to you, son.

Quit whining, and get on track.

First off, admit you are lying.

No you didn't. Who the hell are you and why do we care what you think ?

One, I have no trouble talking to any of the freak from the far right. I told Buford here and you elsewhere to stop the lying.

Two, you freaks talk to me, so your issue is that the mainstream of the party does not want your weirdness only your votes.

We can beat Obama on the issues, but if we get into the old TPM nonsense and birfer-trufer-crazierthanyoufer, it distracts from the campaign and turns off the center.

We need the center to win.

Last edited:
I didn't think I'd be surprised to see Romney scrambling to disassociate himself from Bain--and yet I am. I'm even more surprised that after 18 years of knowing it's his Achilles heel politically, he didn't have a response tonight other than the wounded kitten routine.

Obama's meeeeean.

polls_leave_Obama_alone_2011_989325_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

Leave the centrists room to vote for Romney, daveman.

We need those votes to win not only the presidency for Romney but the Senate for the GOP.

The far right nonsense is only hurting, this time around.

Forum List

Back