the constitution

MikeHoncho

Oct 14, 2009
when did it become irrelevant? it seems whenever BIG GOVERNMENT on both sides of the aisle deems something a "crises" they completely dismiss the constitution and ram something through. why is this?

Because people stopped paying attention. Also losing the rights to secession and nullification played a big role.

At this point I think we'd be better off with the Articles of Confederation.

Because people stopped paying attention. Also losing the rights to secession and nullification played a big role.

why wouldnt we be better off just adhering to and upholding our current document?

why wouldnt we be better off just adhering to and upholding our current document?

Cause it obviously didn't work... it was a great idea, but the AOC would be a better safegaurd of our liberties.

And beyond that... I think we should rethink the very concept of a State entirely.

Cause it obviously didn't work... it was a great idea, but the AOC would be a better safegaurd of our liberties.

And beyond that... I think we should rethink the very concept of a State entirely.[/QUOTE]

i beleive the issue is the individual. people are too stupid to read between the lines of BIG Government. people get greedy, or dare i say lazy. instead of working for something they would rather wait and subscribe to a false leadership of someone who says they'll just give it to you. the constitution is fine, its our trust that our governement took advantage of.

If we were able to put boundaries on Health and Welfare, and reapply Enumerated Powers we will have years of Toilet flushing ahead. With each flush though, more Liberty and Equal Justice, not Equal Distribution, should have more of a chance. Hamilton started it. He was not bulletproof, neither is his reasoning and false justification. We do have the Power to retain the best of It and make it stronger, where it failed in the past. Redo Equal Justice to further support the Individual Being, Call it the Thoreau Amendment Start out With People are not Property, :):):).

when did it become irrelevant? it seems whenever BIG GOVERNMENT on both sides of the aisle deems something a "crises" they completely dismiss the constitution and ram something through. why is this?

Mike

Please explain what has been dismissed in the Constitution

what part of the constitution, specifically, do you believe is now being abrogated that wasn't abrogated over the past eight years?

The constitution needs updating. Don't you heartless conservatives understand that our peoples have a right to free healthcare, a right to have a free house to live in, and a right to have a government job that you can never lose? It is so sad that we don't already do this for our peoples. Our peoples need help. Help the peoples. Help the childrens. Do it for the childrens. Do it for FDR. The Government is the answer to every question. I gotta go, I have a boil on my ass, I am going to the US Dept of Ass boil removal. They'll fix me right up.

Here is FDR's 2nd Bill of Rights.

FDR's Second Bill of Rights

It is our duty now to begin to lay the plans and determine the strategy for the winning of a lasting peace and the establishment of an American standard of living higher than ever before known. We cannot be content, no matter how high that general standard of living may be, if some fraction of our people—whether it be one-third or one-fifth or one-tenth—is ill-fed, ill-clothed, ill-housed, and insecure.

This Republic had its beginning, and grew to its present strength, under the protection of certain inalienable political rights—among them the right of free speech, free press, free worship, trial by jury, freedom from unreasonable searches and seizures. They were our rights to life and liberty.

As our nation has grown in size and stature, however—as our industrial economy expanded—these political rights proved inadequate to assure us equality in the pursuit of happiness.

We have come to a clear realization of the fact that true individual freedom cannot exist without economic security and independence. “Necessitous men are not free men.” People who are hungry and out of a job are the stuff of which dictatorships are made.

In our day these economic truths have become accepted as self-evident. We have accepted, so to speak, a second Bill of Rights under which a new basis of security and prosperity can be established for all—regardless of station, race, or creed.

Among these are:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

America’s own rightful place in the world depends in large part upon how fully these and similar rights have been carried into practice for our citizens.

what part of the constitution, specifically, do you believe is now being abrogated that wasn't abrogated over the past eight years?

i said both sides of the aisle. this isnt something where i pick and choose where the constitution has been trampled on. as much as i agree with the premise of what the patriot act serves, it still infringes on my right to privacy on my OWN property. not to mention all the entitlement programs what were forced through, while the country was down on its knees looking for help. any time the government takes from my property without my consent and uses it for their choosing they are trampling on the constitution.

The Patriot Act, for example? It was passed because Bush&Co are not interested in the rule of law, when the rule of law limits their power. Of course it was voted for by Democrats too, cowards who were so fearful they would be characterized as a party weak on natonal security, members in both the House and Senate voted yea to protect their jobs.

I think all you people need to answer Jillian's question, rather than continue to spout talking points.

This question has been asked in a whole bunch of other threads devoted to the same BS question.

What exactly is being "dismissed" aboutu the Constitution and "rammed through".

Please feel free to be specific about what portion of the constitution is being contradicted.

Among these are:

The right to a useful and remunerative job in the industries or shops or farms or mines of the nation;

The right to earn enough to provide adequate food and clothing and recreation;

The right of every farmer to raise and sell his products at a return which will give him and his family a decent living;

The right of every businessman, large and small, to trade in an atmosphere of freedom from unfair competition and domination by monopolies at home or abroad;

The right of every family to a decent home;

The right to adequate medical care and the opportunity to achieve and enjoy good health;

The right to adequate protection from the economic fears of old age, sickness, accident, and unemployment;

The right to a good education.

All of these rights spell security. And after this war is won we must be prepared to move forward, in the implementation of these rights, to new goals of human happiness and well-being.

America’s own rightful place in the world depends in large part upon how fully these and similar rights have been carried into practice for our citizens.

This is just Horrible!

Imagine people in the richest nation on earth wanting a decent education, a roof over their head, food. clothing, care when they are too old to work

What the hell was FDR thinking?

i said both sides of the aisle. this isnt something where i pick and choose where the constitution has been trampled on. as much as i agree with the premise of what the patriot act serves, it still infringes on my right to privacy on my OWN property. not to mention all the entitlement programs what were forced through, while the country was down on its knees looking for help. any time the government takes from my property without my consent and uses it for their choosing they are trampling on the constitution.

What entitlement programs specifically are unconstitutional? And where in the constitution does it state that they are not allowed?

It's been going on much longer than the last 8 years.

Seriously? With both Clinton and Bush there is no constitution. You're weeping over a dead document. When the people that are entrusted piss on it, it's done.

It's been going on much longer than the last 8 years.

funny...and i think it's been largely pretty strong for over 200.

of course, it gets a little strained at times.

it's only problematic if one is one of the extremists who think it's never supposed to be interpreted.

Seriously? With both Clinton and Bush there is no constitution. You're weeping over a dead document. When the people that are entrusted piss on it, it's done.

Could you provide specifics so we don't have to debate generalities?

Where has the Supreme Court been?

Could you provide specifics so we don't have to debate generalities?

Where has the Supreme Court been?

Missing. When it came to 2000 election, when it came to eminent domain. Missing.

Forum List

Back