The Constitution and the authority of the Federal Government over non-citizens

Dang you sound well hung. Congratulations.

That you are so beyond stupid you do not understand that the mere fact a Sovereign Nation has sole jurisdiction to determine who may or may not reside inside the Boundaries of such a Country is telling. Further that you can not grasp the fact that within our Constitution the Federal Government was granted authority over immigration and what that means just reinforces your stupidity.

The Constitution clearly gives the federal government power in creating laws involving citizenship and naturalization.

What I don't see in the US Constitution is that the federal government has a role with non-citizens. I see nothing granting them the authority to deny non-citizens from living in the United States.

If you can clarify this for me please go ahead. I don't care to hear any excuses that logically lead to the same reasoning that liberals use for nationalized health care...

When I read this earlier I thought you were joking. After I read the thread I have come to the conclusion that you are simply trolling.

If a country does not have the right to regulate residents who are not citizens then anyone in the country could simply opt out of being a citizen and not have to pay taxes. Why don't you ask all those sovereign citizens who spout this nonsense in court when they get caught how that works out for them?

RetiredGySgt said:
That you are so beyond stupid you do not understand that the mere fact a Sovereign Nation has sole jurisdiction to determine who may or may not reside inside the Boundaries of such a Country is telling. Further that you can not grasp the fact that within our Constitution the Federal Government was granted authority over immigration and what that means just reinforces your stupidity.

Good point. You win this thread for sheer knowledge and enlightenment.

gold_star_sum.jpg

If a country does not have the right to regulate residents who are not citizens then anyone in the country could simply opt out of being a citizen and not have to pay taxes.

Which would be great for freedom and choice and horrible for government. That's not my point though. I believe immigration laws and enforcement was left up to states.

Why don't you ask all those sovereign citizens who spout this nonsense in court when they get caught how that works out for them?

If they are right it doesn't matter. They don't have the courts, guns and prisons. Might makes right every day on planet earth.

The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.

Article I section 9.

To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;

Article I section 8.

Pretty damn clear to any sane person capable of reasoned thought.

Forum List

Back