The Conservative Case Against George W. Bush

tpahl said:
yes, he admits that the US has not without some blame for terrorists hating us. That btw is not the same as saying the US is at fault for the terrorists attacks. But to ignore that what we have done is part of the problem and to continue with the same tactics is not a solution either. Is badnariks solution perfect? No problably not, but I do think it has merit. Bush (and Kerry) are too hesitant to look at our policies with any criticism.

Not neccesarily. They are people with a deep hatred of us, but they are still human like you or I. Their attacks are predominately to draw attention to certain injustices, not necessarily revenge. By changing our policies to stop intervening in all the governments of the middle east, they may not forget what we have done, but they also will not forget that we have corrected our mistakes. Bush however is not correcting mistakes, but rather continueing to do the same things his predecesors have done.

In other words, they may not forget, but even though they are not christians, they do forgive. But they will not forgive if we continue to mess with their region.

Travis

Ok, I see where you are coming from, though I discount the premise Badnarik makes, in light of the past 3 years.

Kathianne said:
Ok, I see where you are coming from, though I discount the premise Badnarik makes, in light of the past 3 years.

Thanks. I certainly do not expect to change anyones mind on this issue. It is one thatmost everyone has strong opinions about. What I do hope to do is convince people that the other side is not 'cowardly' or 'stupid' or wants to bring the fighting to america ony after NYC and chciago are leveled. That is not what the libertarian solution is nor is what would likely happen. both sides have valid arguements and should be treated with respect. Thanks Kathianne for doing so.

What is unfortunate is that there are so many people that agree with Badnariks position on iraq and the war on terror that are going to vote for Kerry. Kerry wants to send more troops, and I am positive without a doubt will LOVE the PATRIOT act once he is in power. If you want change in Iraq and the PATRIOT act, you can not vote for Bush or Kerry. Unfortunately not many people realize this.

Here is the problem with the "but Kerry is still more liberal than Bush" argument: Kerry could not be worse in any relevant measure. Bush supports amnesty. Kerry supports amnesty. Bush supports war for Israel. Kerry supports war for Israel. Bush supports affirmative action. Kerry supports affirmative action.

So, we conservatives need to punish Bush. We CANNOT settle for a "RINO" (Republican in Name Only). What do we get with Bush? A stupid amendment against gay marriage. Big deal.

We will still have: terrorism caused by our Israel policy, affirmative action unchallenged, political correctness run amok, budgets out of control, and illegal aliens choking our nation.

Forum List

Back