The conflict in quotes

patrickcaturday

Feb 25, 2012
Rep System: Opted back in for a while.
I am trying to understand this board and the mindset of the people who post on it. One of the tools that I thought I would use would be that I would post quotes occasionally and learn from the responses that I get. This is in no way a test, and I hope it is not offensive. As I said all I am trying to do is get a handle on things.

So lets get started;

"We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem." - Yasser Arafat, former leader of the PLO.

and

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

Last edited:
Quotations are fine (assuming they are correct), but pretty meaningless without their context.

I think the context is pretty clear given the history of the two speakers. Also for Sharon the time place and audience are referenced.

The conflict in quotes

I am trying to understand this board and the mindset of the people who post on it. One of the tools that I thought I would use would be that I would post quotes occasionally and learn from the responses that I get. This is in no way a test, and I hope it is not offensive. As I said all I am trying to do is get a handle on things.

So lets get started;

"We plan to eliminate the state of Israel and establish a purely Palestinian state. We will make life unbearable for Jews by psychological warfare and population explosion. We Palestinians will take over everything, including all of Jerusalem." - Yasser Arafat, former leader of the PLO.

and

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998.

Last edited:

So lets get started;

and

Pretty much explains the whole conflict doesn't it?

They really just DON'T like each other.

Geologists have surveyed the entire midEAST and you know what they discoved?

There isn't a square inch of HIGHER MORAL GROUND in the entire CURSED REGION

Last edited:

Forum List

Back