The Confederate Congress - Re-organizing and Ready To Roll!

paperview

Life is Good
Jul 27, 2009
the road less traveled
Recently in my web travels I came across this site which is actively organizing to "end the occupation of the Confederate States of America."

safe_image.php

Confederate Congress | Home
csacongress.com is the official web site for the Confederate Congress. This site is a source for information about the congress, restoring our constitutional republic, and our movement.

Congressional Organizing

Where Are We At Currently?

Right now we are in the basic planning stages to get this congress re-organized. Remember our last session was held in 1864 and our government was taken over in 1865. This no small task and we have a lot more work to be done before we can get our delegates together and begin planning for our historic session in 146 years.
\\\\​
Elections & Voting

Elections

We are now registering voters and taking applications for those running for delegate. Once the delegate application timeline has closed we will begin organizing for elections. We are anticipating being able to hold elections BEFORE June of this year (2010). Keep checking back as we will also make an announcement on our front page when elections will take place, as well as provide all information regarding how to cast your vote!
////
The pages read like any page from any tea bag manifesto:
"Our Constitutional Republic has been destructed by the powers that be a long time ago. The Federal Government is on a massive power grab that is putting us, and the nation in further peril. Our freedoms and liberties are being lost in the name of “national security”, the fruits of our labor continue to be taken in the name of taxes, our economy is in shambles. We have had enough, but what is our best course of action? With each protest, and each movement, we continue to see the Federal Government turn a blind eye and ignore our every word. Our elected officials talk the talk during election, but when in Washington are persuaded by the power and the lobbyists."
They are currently in active mode to nominate and elect new delegates to a Confederate Congress to be held later this year.

Then, at long last, they can begin the hard work of finally winning the Civil War!

Yeah, it presents itself like a smorgasbord of crazy, but I'm having a hard time seeing how what I read there is any different in color and tone from the right wing of the GOP, the Party of Lincoln. (ironic, isn't it?)

So what do you think? What are the odds we'll be hearing more tin rattles and growing murmurings from this new Confederate Congress?

Confederate Congress | Home

You gotta admit - this is some juicy stuff:

"Our goal is to simply end the occupation of the Confederate States of America. We must act on both on the state and federal level and start over as our Founders intended. But why the state governments as well? The reason is simple, our current state governments were illegally, and illegitimately put into place by the United States government who forced out our rightfully elected officials at gunpoint. Since our occupation, our state governments have bowed to the might of the United States government.

They have allowed unconstitutional laws passed within their borders, they have allowed federal agencies to operate within our state borders and continually harrass and jail our citizens based on outrageous laws and regulations.

It is time to reverse these violations and return the Southern Confederacy to a nation as envisioned by our founders where we can all enjoy Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. "

it's funny watching people who want to re-fight wars they lost.

maybe lincoln didn't do us any favor not dumping their butts.
I think we let them go this time...I figure though in a few decades we'd see dixiebacks illegally sneaking over the Mason-Dixon line to get back into a country with a better standard of living and a good paying jobs.

lol.

This was an interesting read:

The up-and-coming Confederate Congress, which literally seeks to register voters for a proposed June 2010 Confederate congressional election, is rife with articles about the Civil War. This piece is about them. Most of their history pages are taken from a SCV page that is copyright 2007 by John K. McNeill SCV Camp # 674 (hereafter McNeill). As CC representative Chris Crigger told me in a personal e-mail, "We decided to use this on our page (after giving proper credit) as the articles and information were well written and presented extremely well. We are not attempting to plagiarize these works, only offer another forum for their presentation, again giving credit where credit is due." What we need to examine, then, is McNeill's allegedly original research. I will be using the CC pages as reference, simply because their presentation is easier to read and navigate.

So, in the course of a few minutes, we can witness how the plagiarists behind the SCV seamlessly mash opposing sources together to create their own interpretation of how things transpired.

More: Defend this city: Confederate plagiarism

They fought a war to prove they were better than the slaves and lost.

Maybe they'd like to go 0 for 2?

Isn't it a Confederate contention that there was never a formal victory as there was no complete surrender?
Surrender at Appomattox, 1865

Please, first, note that I am fully aware the war is lost and over and long in our shady past.
I'm just playing devil's advocate with some things my confederates have espoused over the years.

Robert E. Lee was just a general of the armies. He could only surrender his men and weapons.
Jefferson Davis never surrendered the Confederacy.

(Like I told ya, before, I'll enjoy any info you can link me)

Isn't it a Confederate contention that there was never a formal victory as there was no complete surrender?

Please, first, note that I am fully aware the war is lost and over and long in our shady past.
I'm just playing devil's advocate with some things my confederates have espoused over the years.

Robert E. Lee was just a general of the armies. He could only surrender his men and weapons.

That's cause Davis amscrayed
running away in his petticoat.

jeff_davis.jpg

That's cause Davis amscrayed
running away in his petticoat.

jeff_davis.jpg

Yep.

it's funny watching people who want to re-fight wars they lost.

maybe lincoln didn't do us any favor not dumping their butts.
I think we let them go this time...I figure though in a few decades we'd see dixiebacks illegally sneaking over the Mason-Dixon line to get back into a country with a better standard of living and a good paying jobs.

lol.
:eusa_hand:

Whatta shock it'd be, for them, when they'd be expected to pass a literacy-test, first (or, answer basic Civics-questions.)!!

Hitler never surrendered, either.

:rolleyes:

Interesting. I don't see it getting tractions, but I've always suspected we might see another rebellion. I've even speculated it would start in South Carolina again.

"Our goal is to simply end the occupation of the Confederate States of America. We must act on both on the state and federal level and start over as our Founders intended. But why the state governments as well? The reason is simple, our current state governments were illegally, and illegitimately put into place by the United States government who forced out our rightfully elected officials at gunpoint. Since our occupation, our state governments have bowed to the might of the United States government.

They have allowed unconstitutional laws passed within their borders, they have allowed federal agencies to operate within our state borders and continually harrass and jail our citizens based on outrageous laws and regulations.

It is time to reverse these violations and return the Southern Confederacy to a nation as envisioned by our founders where we can all enjoy Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. "

Without attaching the "Southern Confederacy" to these goals, I would like to hear some opinions as to the validity of some of the claims within those paragraphs.

Without attaching the "Southern Confederacy" to these goals, I would like to hear some opinions as to the validity of some of the claims within those paragraphs.
It's sounding like their talking-to-the-Founders-hallucinations are still fairly-active.​

Forum List

Back