The Coming Incompetence Crisis

Reasonable

Gold Member
Feb 9, 2017
I just read that the Trump administration has filled only 22 of the 553 key positions that require Senate confirmation. This makes me worry that the administration will not have enough manpower to produce the same volume and standard of incompetence that we’ve come to expect so far.

Granted, in its first few months the administration has produced an impressive amount of ineptitude with very few people.

On his worst days Sean Spicer can produce more errors than 10 normal men on their best days. Kellyanne Conway can flail her way through television confrontations 24/7 and still have the stamina to lose to the Teletubbies on Saturday morning.

But still, I worry that at the current pace the Trump administration is going to run out of failure. So far, we’ve lived in a golden age of malfunction. Every major Trump initiative has been blocked or has collapsed, relationships with Congress are disastrous, the president’s approval ratings are at cataclysmic lows.

Now I’m not underestimating the president’s own capacity for carrying on in an incompetent manner almost indefinitely. I don’t think we’ve reached peak Trump.

The normal incompetent person flails and stammers and is embarrassed about it. But the true genius at incompetence like our president flails and founders and is too incompetent to recognize his own incompetence. He mistakes his catastrophes for successes and so accelerates his pace toward oblivion. Those who ignore history are condemned to retweet it.

Trump’s greatest achievements are in the field of ignorance. Up until this period I had always thought of ignorance as a void, as an absence of knowledge. But Trump’s ignorance is not just an absence; it is a rich, intricate and entirely separate universe of negative information, a sort of fertile intellectual antimatter with its own gravitational pull.

It’s not so much that he isn’t well informed; it’s that he is prodigiously learned in the sort of knowledge that doesn’t accord with the facts of our current dimension.

Opinion | The Coming Incompetence Crisis

Last edited:
  • Banned
This president sees his failures as successes.
While his followers can't tell the difference.

I just read that the Trump administration has filled only 22 of the 553 key positions that require Senate confirmation. This makes me worry that the administration will not have enough manpower to produce the same volume and standard of incompetence that we’ve come to expect so far.

Granted, in its first few months the administration has produced an impressive amount of ineptitude with very few people.

On his worst days Sean Spicer can produce more errors than 10 normal men on their best days. Kellyanne Conway can flail her way through television confrontations 24/7 and still have the stamina to lose to the Teletubbies on Saturday morning.

But still, I worry that at the current pace the Trump administration is going to run out of failure. So far, we’ve lived in a golden age of malfunction. Every major Trump initiative has been blocked or has collapsed, relationships with Congress are disastrous, the president’s approval ratings are at cataclysmic lows.

Now I’m not underestimating the president’s own capacity for carrying on in an incompetent manner almost indefinitely. I don’t think we’ve reached peak Trump.

The normal incompetent person flails and stammers and is embarrassed about it. But the true genius at incompetence like our president flails and founders and is too incompetent to recognize his own incompetence. He mistakes his catastrophes for successes and so accelerates his pace toward oblivion. Those who ignore history are condemned to retweet it.

Trump’s greatest achievements are in the field of ignorance. Up until this period I had always thought of ignorance as a void, as an absence of knowledge. But Trump’s ignorance is not just an absence; it is a rich, intricate and entirely separate universe of negative information, a sort of fertile intellectual antimatter with its own gravitational pull.

It’s not so much that he isn’t well informed; it’s that he is prodigiously learned in the sort of knowledge that doesn’t accord with the facts of our current dimension.

grasping straws 2.jpg

• Banned

View attachment 135546
Filling only 22 of 553 key positions is " grasping at straws?"
Lmao

This president and this administration are the most incompetent and divisive in our history.

Our glorious leader is performing magnificently with less people saving the American taxpayers money. He beat Hillary with just a small team and considerable less money compared to what she spent along with tons of people on her campaign team..

Also that opinion piece is from April 7. It is you that is grasping at straws.

Why do we need so many employees in the government? I say we don't. You liars can keep playing your games, 2018 is coming and everyone is watching.

View attachment 135546
Lmao
/----- For you Libtards desperately searching for things to bash our president - yes this is grasping at straws. The NYT article is just an opinion piece. David Brooks hit piece is pathetic. He doesn't cite his source just wrote "I just read blah blah blah." In fact he has 44 confirmed and 177 nominated and awaiting confirmation.
Donald Trump nominations list – New White House administration

The fag press is up early today.

View attachment 135546
Lmao

Who decides what a key position is?

Trump said from day one that he wasn't going to fill any positions he didn't see a need for.

Not sure why you think less government in our lives is bad. Especially when its clear you think Trump is incompetent. Isn't it good for less incompetent governing going on?

The fag press is up early today.
They'll have so many different kinds of trans gender trans meta meta trans genders that suddenly they'll all be normal again.

Our glorious leader is performing magnificently with less people saving the American taxpayers money. He beat Hillary with just a small team and considerable less money compared to what she spent along with tons of people on her campaign team.. Also that opinion piece is from April 7. It is you that is grasping at straws.
Trump is stumbling in the political gutter drunk with power. However, he has not been able to get traction because We the People oppose him.

Forum List

Back