The Coming Conservative Landslide...

The difference between Obama and Romney is night and day. Any rational person can see that!

People have goten over liberatarianism a long time ago. It will never be embraced.

Never say never.................

Paying down the debt, becoming fiscally responsible is not a GOP trait.............

Let's try to make it one then.

We have been. Giving in to the people who are fighting us, and endorsing the status quo with a vote, would be a betrayal of that effort.

Seawytch are you really that dense? God help you and those like you. I wish you could see reality of things but I guess your controlled by your democrats. I for one am not obligated or controlled by any party and can certainly see how bad things have gotten under this administration. If you can't see it, then I can only feel sorry for you.

Nope, I've seen how much better things have gotten under the current admin.

I also know that states run elections and choose which vendors to get their voting equipment from. The President has nothing to do with it.

Seawytch are you really that dense? God help you and those like you. I wish you could see reality of things but I guess your controlled by your democrats. I for one am not obligated or controlled by any party and can certainly see how bad things have gotten under this administration. If you can't see it, then I can only feel sorry for you.

Seawytch is obviously on several free Federal programs and is desperately trying to save them.

Guess again. The only "federal program I'm "on" is my military retirement.

The difference between Obama and Romney is night and day. Any rational person can see that!

People have goten over liberatarianism a long time ago. It will never be embraced.

Paying down the debt, becoming fiscally responsible is not a GOP trait.............

I whole heartedly agree. But realistically, we have already passed the point of no return.

It only get uglier from here. We will continue to print money out of thin air...... IE the fed buying treasuries.

By Michael Patrick Leahy

Wishful liberals and Chicken Little conservatives who watch the weekly fluctuations in the presidential polls have concluded that President Obama is a shoo-in for re-election. They point out that Mitt Romney, the likely Republican nominee, can’t connect with women, has a large likability gap and is slightly behind Obama in most national polls as well as in the key swing states of Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Ohio.

The despair of faint-hearted conservatives deepens when they contemplate President Obama’s disastrous performance in office. His record of fiscally reckless extremism is unparalleled in American history. In three short years, federal spending as a percentage of GDP has climbed from 20% to 24% while the national debt has exploded from $10 trillion to $15.5 trillion. By the end of his term, Obama will have increased the national debt by a staggering 67%.

Add to this record President Obama’s continual disrespect for the Constitution, his unceasing regulatory attacks on free enterprise and small businesses, his rhetoric of class warfare, his deceptive demagoguery and his spendthrift economic policies that have fattened the wallets of his political cronies but created so few jobs that millions of Americans have simply dropped out of the labor force, and many conservatives can offer only one explanation for Obama’s current lead in the polls.

America, they conclude, must have lost its can-do spirit of rugged individualism and replaced it with what Governor Chris Christie recently called an attitude of “paternalistic entitlement” championed by a coalition of political elites, acolytes in the mainstream media, crony capitalists and an ever-growing dependency class.

Conservatives across the nation should be of good cheer, however. The United States remains a center-right nation. This November, voters will choose common sense over fiscally reckless extremism in what will be a landslide conservative victory. Republicans will retain the House, gain the Senate and win back the presidency with a 2-to-1 Electoral College margin...

Read more: The coming conservative landslide | The Daily Caller

In the Senate. of the 33 seats that are up in November, 23 are held by the Democrats. I think when you see who we are running and who we are up against, Democrats are pretty safe that they will continue to control the Senate.

One great example is in Massachusetts. Scott Brown is the one who won the Senate seat of the late Ted Kennedy. Scott Brown is running in a very pro-Democratic state against Elizabeth Warren, the consumer advocate. Scott Brown realizes he has a tough battle on his hands, even though you don't.

And because of contraception, reproductive rights, a lot of Republican strategists are nervous that it has alienate female voters, and it's very possible that not only will they take out their anger at whoever the Republican presidential nominee is, but it will translate down ballot lines to Senate and House candidates as well, and that could be bad news for Republicans efforts to retain the House and try to capture the Senate.

Democrats need 25 seats in the House if they're going to win back that chamber.

Who do Republicans think the 99%ers are going to vote for? For example, Snyder in Michigan lowered weeks for unemployment benefits down from 28 weeks to 20 weeks. Anyone unemployed is going to show up in November and they are not going to vote GOP.

And don't forget the Occupy movement. More of them than the tea party. And we see who's trying to help us and who's against us.

Better hope conservatives show up at the polls to support Romney. With lukewarm support of Romney and Tea Party candidates struggling for reelection it could cause the Republicans to lose in both the House and Senate

The Presidency is safely in Democratic hands

The House could easily swing back to the Democrats. Republicans only have one issue to run on, and that is to cut taxes. The problem with that is that a large percentage of Americans are finally realizing that cutting taxes has only done one thing, created huge deficits. While most Americans believe that taxes need to be raised rather than lowered, they still don't want their taxes raised. This is the big problem, they want taxes raised on someone else. If the Dems can convince the electorate that everyone needs to pay a bit more and this needs to be done in conjunction with real spending cuts, the Dems could easily win everything.

If I were a Dem running for office, all I would do is show voters how the Bush tax cuts led to a drop in revenue and how it helped create these massive deficits. Then I would show them how Republicans agreed that the Bush tax cuts would only be temporary and that if revenues dropped, taxes would be raised again. Then I would ask how anyone could think that cutting taxes further would actually raise revenue when revenue has actually shrunk drastically as a percentage of GDP since the Bush tax cuts were put in place.

There is nobody who can make a claim that the tax cuts increased revenue in the long run. It did for a short time, but that was due to the housing bubble creating so much false wealth. When it burst, we saw what happened to revenue. Now Republicans tell us we need to cut taxes even further when taxes and revenues are at the lowest levels in over 60 years. The Republican argument doesn't pass the basic math test. It doesn't add up. If the Dems can make the brainwashed electorate see this, then the Dems win on a massive scale.

Last edited:
I can't wait to see Romney defending the Ryan budget- "Cut taxes on the bloated rich, destroy Medicare, Medicaid, and maybe SS" LOL- that's how we got our first Dem Rep EVER here last year- you dupes are living in a brainwashed dreamworld LOL

In the Senate. of the 33 seats that are up in November, 23 are held by the Democrats. I think when you see who we are running and who we are up against, Democrats are pretty safe that they will continue to control the Senate.

:lol::lol::lol:

You are about the only who thinks that is the case.

I can't wait for November.

This is a bit dated...but it will be back to this by June.

Already the manufactured "war on women" is dying out as people start to see Obama for the desperate idiot he is.

RealClearPolitics - Odds Favor GOP Gaining Senate Control in 2012

I whole heartedly agree. But realistically, we have already passed the point of no return.

It only get uglier from here. We will continue to print money out of thin air...... IE the fed buying treasuries.

what's the suggestion then?

Don't countcher chickens, paulyboy. Mr Obama is the most corrupt, vile, ruthless, and dirtiest campaigner this nation has seen in a long time, if not ever. Nobody's seen fit to deep six David Brock, or David Axelrod, either. Theres an enormous amount of time for October surprises, remember the "Fake But Accurate Texas Air National Guard Documents"? CBS probably has a hundred writers, reporters, and producers currently busily working on something similar for Mitt. Then there was the classic George Soros instigated and mediated trashing of the American banking system. Remember that one? Whoo boy! John McCain even stopped campaigning and all but threw in the towel when that one rolled in. We haven't even recovered from the first one, what does Georgie have in mind to keep his BoyKing in charge, this time. "Only the good die young." Georgie will be celebrating his 200th laughing at just how many of his enemies are long dead and gone.
Then there's Iran. Iran is a two fer. Its responsible for an enormous amount of global unease, terrorism etc. Then toss in the price of oil. The Mullahs and Mahmoud all know that as long as Barry is in charge over here they're going to get whatever they want bloodlessly and almost effortlessly. Israel gone? "I'll have more latitude after the election" Remember that one? Say Iran renounces its nukes and agrees to supply the US with as much $30/barrel oil as we can consume? "Peace in our time!" Scene two! Barry neither wears glasses, mustache, nor a great coat, but he'll try to make up for that shortfall with oratory. You may think you're standing in the pens near the Kansas State University School of Veterinary Medicine when he speaks, but even manure can be eloquent when Barry speaks.

Last edited:
By Michael Patrick Leahy

Wishful liberals and Chicken Little conservatives who watch the weekly fluctuations in the presidential polls have concluded that President Obama is a shoo-in for re-election. They point out that Mitt Romney, the likely Republican nominee, can’t connect with women, has a large likability gap and is slightly behind Obama in most national polls as well as in the key swing states of Virginia, North Carolina, Florida and Ohio.

The despair of faint-hearted conservatives deepens when they contemplate President Obama’s disastrous performance in office. His record of fiscally reckless extremism is unparalleled in American history. In three short years, federal spending as a percentage of GDP has climbed from 20% to 24% while the national debt has exploded from $10 trillion to $15.5 trillion. By the end of his term, Obama will have increased the national debt by a staggering 67%.

Add to this record President Obama’s continual disrespect for the Constitution, his unceasing regulatory attacks on free enterprise and small businesses, his rhetoric of class warfare, his deceptive demagoguery and his spendthrift economic policies that have fattened the wallets of his political cronies but created so few jobs that millions of Americans have simply dropped out of the labor force, and many conservatives can offer only one explanation for Obama’s current lead in the polls.

America, they conclude, must have lost its can-do spirit of rugged individualism and replaced it with what Governor Chris Christie recently called an attitude of “paternalistic entitlement” championed by a coalition of political elites, acolytes in the mainstream media, crony capitalists and an ever-growing dependency class.

Conservatives across the nation should be of good cheer, however. The United States remains a center-right nation. This November, voters will choose common sense over fiscally reckless extremism in what will be a landslide conservative victory. Republicans will retain the House, gain the Senate and win back the presidency with a 2-to-1 Electoral College margin...

[/url]
Center-Right is not Conservative, not ever a little bit. Romney will be elected, and he will preserve Obamacare at the state level with federal block grants, just like medicaid. He may very well expand medicaid as the basic foundation. He will eliminate the individual mandate and simply include everyone, and tax for it. We are not going back to pre-Bush 43.

I just do not see a conservative landslide. With the country so polarized I figure about 35 or more of the states are already decided. The election will be close in the electoral count and may be decided by close votes in a few states. Obama will run a populist campaign stressing tax increases for the rich. Romney will run on improving the economy and reducing the budget deficit. The campaign will be dirty and both sides will engage in negative adds, distortions and half truths. Expect Carl Rove to revel in the cesspool.

The conservatives are not hoping for a landslide, unless they are delusional. They are hoping for a Republican majority in both houses and the presidency. If they succeed, they will attempt to enact sweeping reforms of the social safety net, but lacking 60% in the Senate, will have tough opposition to do so.

My prediction is a close Obama win, the Republicans hold the house, Democrats the Senate. This will lead to more stallmate for the next four years.

And the easiest prediction of all: No matter what the outcome, people on this board will rant and rave.

The only possible landslide is that Obama connects with the American people while campaigning on the 'obstructionist and do nothing' Republican house and senate members who love party more than country. If that happens, Obama will flush the obstructionist out.

More likely is that it will be very close, the Dems holding the Senate, the Pubs still holding a small majority in the House, and neither a Romney nor an Obama able to broker a compromise.

I cant wait for election night. Been looking forward to it pretty much since the summer of '09 when Obama's poll numbers starting heading into the shitter. Dollar to 1,000 stale donuts I'll be here on election nigh twatching the mass mental meltdowns. To be sure, I'll also be here to do the rubbing of the salt in the wound exercise with lots and lots of gay MSPaint Photobucket Classics ushering out the age of Obama and watching the start of Keynesian economics getting mothballed for 2 eenerations at least

saif-jump-3.jpg

Forum List

Back