The Comeback Grandpa?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Mr.Conley, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Mr.Conley

Mr.Conley Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +116
    http://www.economist.com/world/na/displaystory.cfm?story_id=9008949

2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    How goes it Mr. C? Hope you are well. Regarding the perpetual candidate from Arizona, he has staked his game on trying to win in Iraq. That is a position I admire greatly. Unlike other candidates, McCain seems to understand the consequences for America and the West (whatever that is) if the forces of Islamic extremism win. If Iraq improves, then so will McCain’s chances. If not, then he is out. A new LA Times poll shows McCain third behind Fred Thompson, who has not even announced a bid for the Presidency. Rudy may obtain the Republican nod by default. I do not know if he will get the nomination, but I think Edwards would be the candidate most difficult for the Republicans to beat in the general election.

3. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,217
    I think there are several Republican contenders who might be taken seriously. I dont think McCain is one of them.

I do agree that Edwards is the one I'm really concerned about. He is too Clintonesque for me. I know lawyers pretty well, and He is a slick one. I seriously have to question everything that comes out of his mouth and he has made it clear there is no depth he wont sink to.