The Color of Crime

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
When debating crime and the criminal justice system, especially as it pertains to race, there are often many points tossed out by people that claim there is a racial bias in our criminal justice system. Largely, these claims have gone unchallenged. While drinking my coffee this morning I was reading some news on the internet and ran across this story, 3 Oakland officers killed, one critically hurt
A black man killed 3 white police officers and critically wounded another. Interestingly enough, the color of the perpetrator of this crime is not mentioned in the news article. Nor is a picture of him included in the article.

So, as is typical of me, I started googling and cruising the big WWW. Meandering around and reading different articles and news stories, clicking on hyperlinks embedded within one article or another. A few hours goes by and I stumble across the publication that is the topic title and subject of this thread.

Here is a link to the publication, http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf The Color of Crime.
It is 27 pages, the last 6 pages being the bibliography that sites all the sources the authors used in their research.

Before anybody goes off half-cocked, I ask you to read the above linked article "The Color of Crime". After reading it, feel free to debate the information in the article, but please refrain from dismissing the subject matter based solely upon the source of the article. I will admit the source is from a decidedly pro-white biased organization, but regardless of that, the facts presented within the article are still facts.

Link to the organization that produced the article, New Century Foundation
Link to the Anti Defamation League's website concerning the New Century Foundation, Jared Taylor/American Renaissance

This happens all the time. Like when a Democrat politician gets in trouble, they never mention his stripe until toward the end of the article. But if it's a repub, it's in the headline and the first paragraph. And always mentioned again, somewhere near the top of the text or, most favorably, in the photo caption.

The TV show "cops" had to change their production procedures, seems too many blacks were being featured. It was upsetting some people who made some quiet suggestions. So now they no longer film "as it happens" they try to balance by race. This is why in older "Cops" episodes, the ratio of black-white perps was something like 5-1. Today it's 3 white 2 other, and one black.

Lots of arrests of black suspects wind up on the cutting room floor, or in the "Cops: Uncensored" DVDs.

PC is insidious.

This happens all the time. Like when a Democrat politician gets in trouble, they never mention his stripe until toward the end of the article. But if it's a repub, it's in the headline and the first paragraph. And always mentioned again, somewhere near the top of the text or, most favorably, in the photo caption.

The TV show "cops" had to change their production procedures, seems too many blacks were being featured. It was upsetting some people who made some quiet suggestions. So now they no longer film "as it happens" they try to balance by race. This is why in older "Cops" episodes, the ratio of black-white perps was something like 5-1. Today it's 3 white 2 other, and one black.

Lots of arrests of black suspects wind up on the cutting room floor, or in the "Cops: Uncensored" DVDs.

PC is insidious.

Dude, I love ya like a brother (pun intended), but I don't care how fast you can read. You didn't read the article. Or maybe you've already read it.

PC is insidious.

Dude, I love ya like a brother (pun intended), but I don't care how fast you can read. You didn't read the article. Or maybe you've already read it.
Yes I'd read it before, and my comments I agree weren't on the article or the facts therein, sorry about that. It was more about how and why this information won't be widely covered due to PC, just like the fact that the three blacks are accused of killing the white LEO and the story doesn't mention the colors.

There is an area in Little Rock where 40% of the crime occurs yet only contains 5% of population. You don't need to read the paper to understand the make-up of this population. I did find this fascinating:

In fact, the percentage of the population that is
black and Hispanic accounts for crime rates more
than four times better than the next best measure:
lack of education.36 Furthermore, even controlling
for all three measures of social disadvantage hardly
changes the correlation between racial mix and crime
rates. The correlation between violent crime and the
percentage of the population that is black and Hispanic
is 0.78 even when poverty, education, and
unemployment are controlled, versus 0.81 when they
are not. In layman’s terms, the statistical results suggest
that even if whites were just as disadvantaged
as blacks and Hispanics the association between race
and violent crime would still be almost as great
. It
may seem harsh to state it so plainly, but the single
best indicator of an area’s violent crime rate is its
racial/ethnic mix.

and this...

Race is, of course, still a taboo. This is what prevents
public discussion of sharp differences that
would be considered grounds for national concern
and even crisis if they were in areas where thinking
is not constricted. Every taboo represents a subject
that is removed from discussion, and this limits our
understanding of the world
. It is far better for Americans
to understand their world—and the people who
live in it—than to persist in ignorance.

The same can be said of homosexuality. Studies which correlate sexual and physical abuse with homosexuality are no longer allowed. It's like we are living in the Middle Ages again.

"Color of Crime" stats come directly from the FBI, so it's hard to argue they're not true.

But you'll find many who make the effort.

On VDare.com they call this phenomenon "hate facts."

When debating crime and the criminal justice system, especially as it pertains to race, there are often many points tossed out by people that claim there is a racial bias in our criminal justice system. Largely, these claims have gone unchallenged. While drinking my coffee this morning I was reading some news on the internet and ran across this story, 3 Oakland officers killed, one critically hurt
A black man killed 3 white police officers and critically wounded another. Interestingly enough, the color of the perpetrator of this crime is not mentioned in the news article. Nor is a picture of him included in the article.

So, as is typical of me, I started googling and cruising the big WWW. Meandering around and reading different articles and news stories, clicking on hyperlinks embedded within one article or another. A few hours goes by and I stumble across the publication that is the topic title and subject of this thread.

Here is a link to the publication, http://www.colorofcrime.com/colorofcrime2005.pdf The Color of Crime.
It is 27 pages, the last 6 pages being the bibliography that sites all the sources the authors used in their research.

Before anybody goes off half-cocked, I ask you to read the above linked article "The Color of Crime". After reading it, feel free to debate the information in the article, but please refrain from dismissing the subject matter based solely upon the source of the article. I will admit the source is from a decidedly pro-white biased organization, but regardless of that, the facts presented within the article are still facts.

Link to the organization that produced the article, New Century Foundation
Link to the Anti Defamation League's website concerning the New Century Foundation, Jared Taylor/American Renaissance

There's a photo of him in the Sydney Morning Herald.

Robber on parole guns down three police officers in California

If the suspect is arrested at the scene or shortly afterwards or, as in this case, is shot dead by police, then why mention colour or ethnicity? That's useful when police are looking for someone but if they've resolved it then why mention anything about the suspect? It will come out when the suspect fronts up to court.

"Color of Crime" stats come directly from the FBI, so it's hard to argue they're not true.

But you'll find many who make the effort.

On VDare.com they call this phenomenon "hate facts."

Hate facts? Really? "That damn bastard he's using facts to back up his argument."

Do they even attempt to claim that the facts were spun or are out of context or do they just call them hate facts and leave it at that?

American culture defines success by monetary achievement moreso that attaining material success honorably. Thus, when the conventional and legal opportunities for success appear limited by racism, there is more motivation to achieve via illegal means. In failing, inner-city schools, for example, it may appear that the ways to get rich are becoming a musical star, basketball player, or hustler. Why? Because they don't see a lot of other Black people from their school making it. Controlling for poverty alone does not cut it, because impoverished White people are more likely to benefit from sharing a school with middle-classed taxpayers than Blacks or other minorities who live in ethnic ghettos. These ghettos have always experienced social problems including gangs, regardless of whether they are occupied by Blacks or Irish immigrants.

Generations ago they would have been correct that they cannot get rich via conventional means, but the generations of today are still paying for the enduring perception that this is still the case. Thus, misconceptions in their subculture become self-fulfilling, self-perpetuating prophecy.

As for the study, the methodology sounds suspect. However, since the article sounds like it was written for a non-academic audience, it is possible they merely did not fully explicate their methods. Some problems are noted below:

For most crimes, police are arresting fewer blacks
than would be expected from the percentage of
criminals the victims tell us are black (rape/sexual
assault is the only exception). In the most extreme
case, burglary, victims tell police that 45 percent of
the perpetrators were black, but only 28 percent of
the people arrested for that crime were black.

Their methods are not especially rigorous. For example, this test tells us nothing because there is more than one kind of criminal. Career criminals who believe they must engage in crime to live an acceptable lifestyle plan their crimes and have lots of experience with getting away with it, and maybe some experience with getting caught that they learned from. On the other hand, ineffective career criminals may be caught over and over. Somebody who has served time in prison has learned from other people who got caught and networked with this group of people whose number 1 rule is not to be a rat. On the other end of the spectrum, impulsive criminals, due to mental illness or deficiency, are very likely to get caught. It can be supposed that racial differences are going to result in social differences that cause a difference in the types of criminals found by race, confounding this study.

Another possible confounder is that police may be overwhelmed in urban areas, where you are likely to find a higher proportion of the population as Black, and thus a higher proportion of crimes in rural areas are prosecuted. Thus one would need to see data controlled by urbanity as well.

Finally, Figure 1 indirectly shows something else:
how much more likely blacks are than people of
other races to commit certain crimes. Although
blacks are 13 percent of the population, they commit
a far larger percentage of every crime included
in the NCVS. They are eight times more likely than
people of other races to rob someone, for example,
and 5.5 times more likely to steal a car.

You cannot arrive at that conclusion by looking at victimization rates. A chronic subset of repeat offenders could cause one race to be overrepresented, for example.

Emergency room admissions are a reliable, independent
indicator of who is using drugs; people
do not end up in HHS’s statistics unless they are
taking illegal drugs, and there is no reason to think
drug-takers of different races are more or less likely
to need emergency treatment.

Also not true. We don’t know if emergency room admission are always medically necessary or a byproduct of paranoia. A bad reaction to the effects of psychotropic drugs is modulated by the social context of use. People learn to appreciate the effects of a drug as positive (and not frightening) within a social context. This is especially true of drugs with hallucinogenic properties.

Their friends and associates are
likely to be black, and the people they meet in chance
encounters are likely to be black. A large number of
white victims suggests targeting of whites.

Of course “smart” criminals probably do profiling too. Figure 22 shows that robbery is a common interracial crime. Robbery is an economic crime, and it mostly shows me these criminals are not entirely stupid. You want to rob somebody who has money on them and is unlikely to know your momma. This is doubly smart because people who are not around other races have a harder time telling two members of another race apart. The people who say, “All Orientals look the same,” don’t spend time in the Orient. Familiarity with the ethnicity lets you tell the subtle differences between individuals. Other Blacks are going to be able to tell you apart from other Blacks more easily than Whites.

The NCVS tells us that interracial multiple-offender
offenses are even more lopsidedly black than
interracial crime as a whole.

Obviously… Does that control for gang membership? Probably not.

After a black beat up
one of his friends, he decided to “get a ni**er”—
any black would do. He met two blacks and invited
them to take drugs with him, and shot them. This
appears to be a legitimate hate crime.

There is no such thing as a legitimate hate crime. That is murder. Period.

There has been much debate
about what caused the drop, but the enormous
rise in prison populations is part of the explanation.

Bureau of Justice Statistics Correctional Population Trends Chart Bureau of Justice Statistics Violent Crime Rate Trends
Crime Rate Graphs - SecurityWorld.com

There is an existent but weak correlation to be sure (stronger for property crime, no correlation for drug crime), but they leave out that there may be more cost effective and humane ways to reduce crime than merely incarcerating as many people as your economy can handle.

http://www.sentencingproject.org/Admin/Documents/publications/inc_iandc_complex.pdf

The experience of the past several decades tells
us that putting more people in prison reduces crime.

I don’t know if I’d rely entirely upon two decades of inconsistent statistics from America. America does, after all, have the highest incarceration rate of all nations and high crime rates.
International Crime Rates. Bureau of Justice Statistics Special Report.

Forum List

Back