The college degree scam

Originally posted by HGROKIT
ok - I know it is boring, but there is a call for Tech Writers. Soemthing to keep a roof over your head while pursuing other interests/dreams.

I could use a boring stay at home job. How does one become a tech writer?

Originally posted by pegwinn
I could use a boring stay at home job. How does one become a tech writer?

look for the job - most have requirements for specific writing skill and require samples. I am off to a night on the town, but I often see these jobs posted at the usual employment search sites. When I get home, I'll see if I can find ya a couple examples.

Originally posted by leojoeyjoe
My major was english....i'm trying like the devil to avoid teaching but it looks like that may end up as my only option....

If you aren't too old the Army can commission you based on ANY 4 year degree. :)

it's a pretty good living after a year or two.

:D

are you referring to actually enlisting or something else? How do I get a commission? I would be thrilled to do this as well.....man...I spend a lot of time on this other website called well, we'll call it "nonviolence" ...and all we do is "yell"...usually very hatefully at each other....i've already gotten three really good sets of career advice in like five minutes in here.....a little civility goes a long way.

are you referring to actually enlisting or something else? How do I get a commission? I would be thrilled to do this as well.....man...I spend a lot of time on this other website called www.nonviolence.org...and all we do is "yell"...usually very hatefully at each other....i've already gotten three really good sets of career advice in like five minutes in here.....a little civility goes a long way.

Welcome to the big leagues my friend. well as big as they get with online debate lol.

are you referring to actually enlisting or something else? How do I get a commission? I would be thrilled to do this as well.....man...I spend a lot of time on this other website called www.nonviolence.org...and all we do is "yell"...usually very hatefully at each other....i've already gotten three really good sets of career advice in like five minutes in here.....a little civility goes a long way.

yeah - A commissioned officer in the US Army - Lieutennant->Captain->Major-> Lt. Colonel etc...

:D

www.goarmy.com

I'm sure there'd be info there.

Forum List

Back