The CMA, Grand Ole Opry, Ryman Hall and other Hillbilly delights.

Wife and I played on stage at the Ryman a few years ago. We had a great time.

TW and I had a half day tour inside there. In fact I think it was soon after a big flood they had. Anyway the whole history of Elvis and his gospel and country history were there. I got tired of looking at Elvis things few people would have ever seen...lol

I like bluegrass and western swing better than country, but some country singers are pretty good; many are good song writers. A lot of bluegrass is 'Speed Metal' before electric guitars came along. lol

Wife and I played on stage at the Ryman a few years ago. We had a great time.

TW and I had a half day tour inside there. In fact I think it was soon after a big flood they had. Anyway the whole history of Elvis and his gospel and country history were there. I got tired of looking at Elvis things few people would have ever seen...lol

And for the record we played 5 minutes with just a few tourists walking around.

I saw Bill Monroe at the Grand Ole Opry. This was a while back. Minnie Pearl was there.

THE best version of this song. Conway Twitty's is good. This is great. Listen with headphones if you can, to hear all his little inflections.

When I was a kid, my dad kept the radio tuned to the local country station. All my childhood I heard the classic country tunes..but didn't appreciate them at the time.

Fast forward to the mid-'90s, to South Korea, and my year-long tour stationed at Kunsan AB. Wasn't much in the way of cable television back then. If you wanted rock music, you got Japanese MTV. And damn, but there's only so many sappy Japanese love ballads one man can take.

So I switched over to CMT -- and learned to love country music.

Kunsan AB
'American Town', with cheap soju.
4i6Ckte.gif

Edit: and local beer refilled into Budweiser bottles.

Someone mentioned Western Swing. There's classic Bob Wills & his Texas Playboys:

And then there's Asleep At The Wheel, very good, but a lot of it sounds to me like Mel Tormé with fiddles.

Forum List

Back